• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 04:40 AM

After much "activity" in my house, I had a few friends over to help with a cleansing. I described some incidents that happened and the locations in the house in which they happened. One of those friends suggested I have a ley line running through my house, by which spirits frequently travel. He event went so far to theorize that the reason foods go bad in a particular area of my refridgerator is because of the line, which also runs right where our grandfather clock used to stand, which never stayed running. Of course, we've since moved the clock and it STILL doesn't run. And cheese will go bad if you leave it for a MONTH. lol. So, yes, I remain a bit skeptical to the whole ley-line theory.

Does anyone know anything about this? Can spirits travel on ley lines?

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:08 AM

it might be of help.

http://www.ghostvill..._12132003.shtml
Posted Image

#3 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:14 AM

Very intriguing article, but where could I find a map of supposed ley lines throughout the United States?

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#4 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,384 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:24 AM

no too sure.....

http://www.vortexmap.../htmla/esna.php

http://www.strayreal...ty/leylines.htm

http://www.leyhunter...arch/arch18.htm
Posted Image

#5 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:07 AM

i asked my mom just now about if she heard of ley lines. my mom being a very big pyshic sylvia brown fan she says its portals where spirits come out of. if so i wonder if my house could be a portal with all the stufff we got going on as well?
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#6 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:30 AM

Very intriguing thought, Ana. Leylines are seen as lines of magickal energy or force, but who's to say that's not em in nature. I'd be willing to believe a lot of the most famous hauntings  are due to proximity of leylines...just my thought
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#7 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 08:40 AM

But, based on what I've read so far, ley lines exist out of speculation. There is nothing to suggest there is any consistency to these beliefs. It seems to me to be more of a matter of picking two ancient sites and drawing an imaginary line and simply believing energy travels on this line. I'll do some more reading and see what conclusions I eventually come to.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#8 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 11 May 2004 - 01:18 PM

This is interesting!  They only thing I have ever heard of ley lines is in the book Curfew and the RPG game Rifts.  But it makes sense.  It could also explain 2 occurrences in my life.  I had this one house that never felt "empty."  I turned off the lights one, when alone, and lit candles.  I swear, I felt so crowded!  It was like a Rave was going on in my living room!  I couldn't see anything, but the feeling was there.  My friend (he's a Voodoo priest) said that maybe my house was a "train stop."  he said that they'd move on and maybe more would come, myabe not.  But he never used the term ley line.  One of them must've stayed behind as well, because I always felt his presence but he was nice.

Now, in this house I had a dream where dozens of spirits were walking down the hall and they all had backpacks and suitcases as if travelling.  Again, one of them stayed behind but she was not happy and I could feel it!  (she has now left).

Please post more of what you find, I am very interested!
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#9 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 11 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

Hmm, I haven't been able to find much, in all honesty. Still looking for a map of the United States with supposed ley lines. I can't determine how anyone FINDS a ley line, either. I did find a book about Enochian magick that incorporates the ley line theory, but that's about it.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#10 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:50 AM

WOW...I know Stonehedge is thought to be one of the points and I'd put cash on the barrel on the Valley of Kings at Giza or Ramses temple at Abu-Zindel aside from the Faerie trodes in the UK. Here's a thought, if it may be a focal point of Divine Magick, what about the catacombs under Rome or St Peter's Bassilica ???
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#11 NocturnalCantaloupe

NocturnalCantaloupe

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 06:53 AM

hehe, I played Rifts.
Is the art of life, living somewhere in between?

#12 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 04:48 PM

Yeah, I agree whispers...I bet a lot of the most famous sites in the world borders on or near ley lines. It just seems to me that energy (paranormal or not) tend to run in particular patterns or lines...and so therefore may 'attract' more ethereal entities. I haven't seen anything solid in proof so to speak, but I certainly believe that it IS there.

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 12 May 2004 - 07:29 PM

*LOL*Kinda makes you wish money was no object so you can track them ;D

#14 mellilotflower

mellilotflower

Freaked out by toe socks?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 697 posts
  • Interests:Philosophy, Knitting, Ornithology, folklore and fairies

Posted 13 May 2004 - 11:36 PM

It's a thought that we as humans are also attracted spiritually to ley lines- so many churches or graveyards are thought to have been placed on them, or at cross roads in them.  This is one reason suggested for why these places feel so active.
If anyone's read American Gods I think you'll agree that this line of thought was developed beautifully by neil gaiman, but that's only fiction.
Black dogs are often said to wander ley lines, I believe they're our interpretation of a power that is very physical- we put the shape of the dog onto it for comforts sake.
Many cross roads in our world are thought to be cross roads for ley lines, which is one reason why they are thought to be such powerfull places, and part of the reason for burying suicides and criminals at cross roads- a kind of offering to the power we don't understand as well as a protection against their evil spirits.
There's a story: An old woman was drowned for witchcraft at Tring in the year 1751. A chimney sweep was held responsible in part for the killing, and was hanged and gibbeted near to the place of the crime. A black dog came to haunt the place where the gibbet stood, and was seen by the village schoolmaster. He described it as being shaggy, as big as a Newfoundland, with long ears and a tail, eyes of flaming fire and long teeth. It is interesting to note that at first the black dog appeared as a standing flame.

The point which I should first wish to understand is whether the pious or holy is beloved by the gods because it is holy, or holy because it is beloved of the gods.

Sonnet XCIVBut if that flower with base infection meet,The basest weed outbraves his dignity:For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds

#15 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 14 May 2004 - 04:06 AM

Now that was an interesting bit of information. Thanks for sharing Mellilotflower. And you've made a few best friends now by describing the validity of Neil Gaimon's writings. lol

I suppose what my question is, is what tests are there that a person can do to determine if there is a ley line in a place where there is a lot of activity. Do we just assume and leave it at that? That's what I can't seem to find any information on.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users