Candles and Spirits

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 30 July 2006 - 10:40 AM

Someone in one thread said light a candle for protection from an evil spirit. I read somewhere that candles help the spirit world come through, because they cant see in artificial light. Does anyone know anymore on this subject? I know people use candles while doing seances(spell check please lol!) is that why they use candles?
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#2 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 03:13 AM

candles attract spirit to the light.

#3 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 31 July 2006 - 10:09 AM

The reason for lighting candles is to bring "positive energy" into the room. When my daughter has spirits she does not know for sure who they are or what they need form her, she lights candles. Her guide has told her to do this so the negative energies stay away from her. She says it does work for her.

I have just personally felt that candles bring good energy to a room. Thats why so many people do use them for just everyday. Its been there for centuries, that sense of goodness from them.

I hope this helps this question.

Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#4 pentagram345

pentagram345

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 31 July 2006 - 05:34 PM

hmm well i guess the lighting does bring good energy into the room and plus more importantly it sets the spooky mood lol :weeee: no but really i have heard it does(off topic i know but does wal mart sell candle snuffers?)

#5 nohara_megami

nohara_megami

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 255 posts
  • Interests:darn, so many:<br>reading books by:<br> 1. Marrion Zimmer Badley<br> 2. Terry Brooks<br> 3. Amy Tan<br> 4. Susan Cooper<br> 5. Anne Rice<br> 6. and an infinate amount of others, i read everything and anything<br><br>anime:<br> 1. Escaflowne<br> 2. Fushigi Yugi<br> 3. Miyaziaki movies<br> 4. and once again, anything and everything<br><br>crafts:<br> 1. needlepoint<br> 2. scrapbooking<br> 3. and whatever else i do not blow up in the process^_^<br><br>also:<br>videogames, playing on the comp, researching the paranormal, listening and playing music, and anything else that comes to mind:)

Posted 31 July 2006 - 06:17 PM

I have heard that candles and spirits are associated often, because 1) they can tell it is artifical (someone said this already) and 2) because of the low amount of energy is possesses they can control it in some ways.....

(off topic: yea, Wal-Mart should sell the snuffers.)
Hellsing: In the name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished into eternal damnation. Amen.I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it!Rome did not create an empire by having meetings. They did it by killing those who opposed them.Witches... Not just for burning.

#6 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 01 August 2006 - 10:07 AM

I think, if anything, candles simply calm the mind, allowing heightened sensitivity during seances or other spiritual rituals. I like them because you get a little light, but the light is not too bright, and a few candles can really warm up a small room. I also like candles because they make my psychic exercises a little easier, for the reason of the calming.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users