Haunted locations in Perth,Western Australia

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 jonin kitsune

jonin kitsune

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • Interests:Martial arts<br />Japan!<br />The paranormal...oohhh!Spooky!

Posted 10 August 2006 - 06:44 AM

Hi all,does anybody know of any haunted locations in Perth WA?I would appreciate it! :hug:
[/font][font=Book Antiqua]

#2 Frogbat

Frogbat

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 12:16 AM

These are the sites I know of in Western Australia.

Perth -
Fremantle Arts Centre - This large building used to
be a mental asylum, then converted into a women's home, and now it's a museum
for the arts. The building is always cold even in summer, when it reaches 100 F
plus. There are three resident ghosts, including one lady ghost who always walks
this one walkway, angry and sad over the loss of her baby, legend says.
Poltergeist activity, cold spots, voices and apparitions have all been reported,
and it has a reputation of being Western Australia's most haunted building.

Albany -
Camp Quaranyup - This was a port where ships came
in Albany. A young girl who arrived in the 19th century with her father, who was
a governor, inspired the name. The Camp was used as a residence. There have been
sightings of a young girl in a 19th century nightgown. A heavy branch is said to
break and fall off a tree near a gravestone in the old graveyard without a wind
to accompany it. The ghost of an electrocuted young man, whose body was buried
under the floorboards of a house in the Camp, is seen walking around and
howling.
Salt Flats and Albany Family Christian church -
deep holes there one day the next day its not there [for the salt flats]. One
day a person was riding his push bike at the family church when he went super
fast and smashed into a tree he died. Someone committed suicide there on a
motorbike he put fishing line around him and a tree and he drove forward.

Fremantle -
Fremantle Arts Centre - The Fremantle Arts
Centre used to be the old asylum and has a reputation for being one of the most
haunted buildings in Australia. Many stories exist, ranging from the experience
of cold spots, sightings, and unexplained images appearing in photographs. There
have even been reports of actual physical experiences, such as being comforted
or kissed when no one is there. Doors open and close without explanation,
objects move by themselves, and some people have reported seeing strange lights.
Witnesses have also claimed to see people moving about in the windows that are
covered by display panels from the inside.
The Old Fremantle Prison - As the holding pen of
some of the most notorious, violent and first convicts to arrive in the country,
the goal and it's associated structures which include the Roundhouse and many
tunnels are said to contain many ghost and souls. There are many stories of
ghosts include everything from executed inmates to those that were classed as
insane, and even Aboriginals from before the structure was even built.

Nannup -
Old Bakery - Even just poking your head through the
window of this run down bakery gives you the creeps! Built in very early 1900's
and abandoned in the 1930's it still contains all the old baking pans and
equipment, when the owners just picked up and left. The smell of buns and the
noise of the cash register can be heard during business hours; residents also
claim to hear voices ordering bread rolls and jam tarts. At night, you can hear
arguing (a man and woman) and banging pots.

Hope this helps you out.
Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.Study hard. Be evil.Posted Image

#3 madhatter

madhatter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting and soccer.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 02:24 AM

I've been past the Nannup bakery and that is a very creepy place!

Just going past it gives me chills up my back!!!

Btw, I replied to you on my topic earlier but on Perth haunts there is also the Guildford Cemetary thats nice and spooky!!

Posted Image

THE TED!!!

#4 BunsenBurner

BunsenBurner

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 May 2007 - 02:48 AM

I've been past the Nannup bakery and that is a very creepy place!

Just going past it gives me chills up my back!!!

Btw, I replied to you on my topic earlier but on Perth haunts there is also the Guildford Cemetary thats nice and spooky!!

(Okay, sorry this is so long.)

Several of my friends are convinced that the very affluent Mt Lawley Golf Club (Walter Rd, Inglewood, Perth, Western Australia) is one very haunted place indeed.
Some friends told me that they - their parents and several acquaintances - are inexplicably spooked by the club and its golf course. Alleged paranormal activity there includes apparitions, 'celestial glows' (orbs?) and 'unnatural' sensations of terror. One woman even claimed she'd 'never felt so terror stricken in her entire life' as she had there and said it 'must be the most haunted golf course on earth'.

Whatís interesting about this is that research into the club's history by a genealogist uncovered an authentic, well supported historical incident involving a tragic, quite horrible death which occurred on the golf course in the early 1930s. All too often skeptics maintain that claims of tragic deathís at haunted locations are vague and arenít authenticated. This one is a matter of public record. A coroner's jury ruled it a suicide, but the circumstances still sound a bit mysterious and the death created quite a few lurid headlines in the Australian press back then (at the time a suicide, especially in such an unlikely place, was treated like major news).

However, it was over seventy years ago and none of the people who claim the golf course is haunted now could have known that it ever happened. The historical section on the club's official website contains no mention of it (I don't know why - it's macabre, but unless you're a golfing enthusiast, it still appears to have been the most interesting event in the club's history).

I've no idea if the Mount Lawley Golf Course is in fact haunted. But it is pretty amazing to me that people say the place is haunted without knowing anything bad ever happened there. I mean you can't say these people only think it's haunted as a result of of 'force of suggestion' or whatever. I wonder if anyone else in Perth WA has ever heard any stories about this place? Or if they'd be interested in going down there and getting some photos (even though I'm pretty certain you couldn't enter, the view from outside is pretty good and unimpeded)?

Here's a photo gallery, including shots of the course (none showing anything paranormal) plus a photo of the guy who died there (pictured in WWI ANZAC uniform, looking barely old enough to shave). He may or may not be the 'ghost on the golf course' & the source of the paranormal activity:

http://news.webshots...548794752CJlVes

Edited by aloha_spirit, 01 July 2007 - 06:20 PM.

#5 jomarie

jomarie

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 75 posts
  • Interests:I love so many things, Life, birthdays, Christmas, Reading, holistic medicines and healing, respectful people, Egyptian pyramids, cold rainy days that you can only snuggle and read, dreaming of travelling when my kids grow up and i get my life back lol.

Posted 20 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

Hi there the Fremantle Prison is also a very active place they have day tours and night tours, and now they also have the tunnel tours underneath the prison. I have been there on many occassions and almost always had something happen to make me go ok this is strange!
I live in Rockingham and many people swear that the Point peron area is haunted as well it is where the enterance of the navy base is and there are many old wartime lookout posts still there.
The old York hospital and assylum is another place that is reported as very haunted, but it is closed to the public.
The Rockingham cemetary has had some reports on it as well, although I have never had a moment there when i have had to be there. But I can honestly say the Fremantle cemetary in some sections can make me feel uneasy.
If I see any more I will let you know.

#6 Jfran

Jfran

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 01 June 2009 - 09:02 PM

Hi there the Fremantle Prison is also a very active place they have day tours and night tours, and now they also have the tunnel tours underneath the prison. I have been there on many occassions and almost always had something happen to make me go ok this is strange!
I live in Rockingham and many people swear that the Point peron area is haunted as well it is where the enterance of the navy base is and there are many old wartime lookout posts still there.
The old York hospital and assylum is another place that is reported as very haunted, but it is closed to the public.
The Rockingham cemetary has had some reports on it as well, although I have never had a moment there when i have had to be there. But I can honestly say the Fremantle cemetary in some sections can make me feel uneasy.

Hey Jomarie.... I'm interested in the Rockingham prison... can you tell me how you know about the reports at rockingham?

#7 dannyau

dannyau

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 03:50 AM

Hey Jomarie.... I'm interested in the Rockingham prison... can you tell me how you know about the reports at rockingham?

Hey there is and never was a Rockingham prison and as far as point Peron there is a chance
but not at the lookout try near the bend in the road near the water works on your right as your going to the lookout just past the causway there have been 4 people killed there in car crash`s i know this because i was a tow truck driver in Rocko for a long time and went to 3 of them they were all on that bend make what you want out of that

#8 katherinek

katherinek

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:21 AM

montgomery hall in mount claremont

#9 lozswioklo

lozswioklo

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 06:19 AM

Hi all,does anybody know of any haunted locations in Perth WA?I would appreciate it! :whoohoo:

the brook garden restaurant in parkerville, perth hills, definitely haunted. all the staff believe in the ghost that haunts it- the babysitter who used to look after the children of the building's owners (used to be the post office). moving objects. creepy feelings felt by several people at same time. supposedly a friendly ghost. contact has been made to ghost via clairvoyant/ spiritual reader in which revealed its name and intentions towards the current residents.

mahogany inn, mahogany creek, rumored to be haunted. famous bush ranger Moondyne Joe apparently resided there in attic when hiding from police. current staff have mentioned ghostly experiences.

the town of york is also rumored to be haunted. particularly a run down shack in which voices have been heard.

heathcote. used to be a mental hospital. now is art gallery/ restaurant.

#10 katherinek

katherinek

• Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 12:09 AM

also the alkimos shipwerck up towards mindari is ment to be pretty haunted... i must admite when i was younger i used to go finish there with family and friends and every time somthing bad happend

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users