38 replies to this topic

#1 axel

axel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
  • Location:middle of nowhere where you can never predict the weather

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:52 PM

hey all i was just wondering if vampires existed ? and if they still do exist (to some extent lol)
Spartans! Enjoy your breakfast, for tonight we dine in Hell! -Spartan King Leonidas==========================================We Spartans have descended from Hercules himself. Taught never to retreat, never to surrender. Taught that death in the battlefield is the greatest glory he could achieve in his life. Spartans: the finest soldiers the world has ever known.=========================================if the gods wont let us build a ladder to the heavens then we shall dig a hole and dance on hades doorstep

#2 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,380 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 11 August 2006 - 06:57 PM

Yes I have heard that they do exist in some forms but not in the classic Dracula sense.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#3 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 11 August 2006 - 07:40 PM

www.vampire-church.com

Try reading through their site and researching on the different types of vamps out there.

Sheal

#4 The V

The V

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:MUSIC, writing, comics, the supernatural, politics, spirituality, and BUFFY!

Posted 12 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

Late 19th-Early 20th century, London, Highgate Cemetery. Numerous sightings of an abnormally tall and frightening humanoid life form, believed by many to be a vampire. I believe I even read somewhere about the thing being cornered by a vampire hunter but managing to escape.

I find that example interesting, personally. I'm sure there is info somewhere on the internet about it. I'll poke around in a bit and try to dig something up.

But really, if we stop and think about it, there has to be some basis in reality for the vampire myth. The fact that virtually every culture in the world has or has had some variant on the classic vampire is unlikely to be mere coincidence.

This is not a clever signature.

#5 Morbid

Morbid

Thinks the jelly runs out of the peanut butter sandwich in head

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 12 August 2006 - 11:08 PM

Go to http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/ . Thats where we all used to gather. some very helpful info on there, get you to know all about us.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted.The law of Chaos.

#6 whispering leaves

whispering leaves

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 13 August 2006 - 09:53 AM

i think the exist.

#7 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 07:24 AM

They do exist but not as the legendary version so many see in hollywood movies...

Most are empathic or psy feeders (chaotic, energy, feelings and emotions, elemental, ect). There are still a few sanguinarians left but unfortunately with the dangers of blood born pathogens such as HIV\AIDS, HEP A, B and C and other emerging pathogens it is increasingly difficult for sanguinarians to feed from their primary and preffered source.

The definition of a real vamp is a person who cannot sustain the proper amounts of life energy to function in daily life properly and must seek out an energy source to replenish this life energy or energies that the metaphysical\physical body cannot sustain on it's own. IE: an empathic feeder feeds on the emotions of another, a chaotic feeder will feed on a bar room brawl, elementals will feed off of t-storms or high elemental energies or ambient energies (water, wind, ect).

There are rules, the black veil is a code of conduct that both willing donor and vamp abide by. A vamp will not take without permissoin and does not harm the donor in anyway, shape or form. Most vamps take this very seriously, the code of conduct. Vamps are not super human, they come from all walks of life, cannot change forms (bat, wolf, ect), don't have super hearing or sight. They can get sick and do pass of old age and age at the same rate as any other person. They are human beings with energy (chi, or life force) deficiencies.

Sheal

#8 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:03 AM

So Morbid, are you a vampire? Ive seen on tv their are alot of people who are vampires, but different from what people think.~H
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#9 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

I will take some time later and give your site a looky, Morbid. I have a very open mind and im always interested in learnng something new.
tried to edit but it didnt work...i feel like such a post hog now!~H

#10 Morbid

Morbid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 02:21 PM

What made you think I was a vampire?

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 03:20 PM

hey all i was just wondering if vampires existed ? and if they still do exist (to some extent lol)

Hi axel,

I had to seriously dig for these threads but thought they'd be of some help to you

Vampires, real or myth
Vampires
Energy Vampires

There are also some threads about it on our Urban Legends, Myths and Folklore Board :)
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#12 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 08:11 PM

Vampire radar Morbid! NO, im just teasing your comment :

~Go to http://www.drinkdeeplyanddream.com/ . Thats where we all used to gather. some very helpful info on there, get you to know all about us.~ You said we and us.

I didnt use my spidywoman abilities i was just taking a guess. I took some time and read the web page today. Its good to be educated on different lifestyles and religions. I dont know, would you consider it a religion? ~Boop

#13 Morbid

Morbid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 14 August 2006 - 11:14 PM

....Some day I'll learn to keep quiet... It'll save me some explaining.

It's not so much a religion as of on a normal basis, but I can see where some poeple could turn it into one. To tell you the truth, I think it's more like a birth defect.

#14 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 07:11 AM

I agree Morbid. I think that vampire tendencies are physiological aspect rather than a religious or theological aspect. It's not all in the mind but rather in the body.

Sheal

#15 Morbid

Morbid

• PipPipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 15 August 2006 - 08:23 AM

*Applause* Well put.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users