• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#1 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 04:53 PM

Okay, Shellas had suggested I post this story, but since it's not fictional or considered an urban legend, I wanted to post it in personal encounters instead of the thread in "General".

My mom is a rathery crafty person. Martha Stewar beware! When I was bout seven years old, she made me this doll, just as tall as me, that I ended up calling Sarah. The doll had pretty glass eyes and long brown hair made from yarn. I could even wear her clothes. I slept with this doll religiously, every single night.

I woke up one night and Sarah wasn't in bed with me. I rubbed my eyes, sat up and looked around. She was sitting in the corner between my dresser and the wall, facing my bed, with her hands resting gently in her lap, her legs nicely laid out in front of her. I was too tired to worry about getting her, but the next morning I was determined to give a tongue lashing to anyone who dared move my doll from my bed.

Needless to say, everyone in my family denied having any clue as to what I was talking about. That doll found a new home in the bottom of my brothers closet from that day forward. Not a week after this, I was watching Fantasy Island, and it was an episode about a little girl whose toys all come to life and start attacking her. I had nightmares for months. Even realizing how affected this had made me, no one fessed up to moving the doll, so, to this day, I believe it moved on its own.

BB, Ana
Don't be a newt!

#2 earthstorm2525

earthstorm2525

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:34 PM

My dolls used to have a bad habit of talking and moving till they found themselves in a yard sale. Its pretty creepy.

#3 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 08 April 2004 - 05:44 PM

My kids got these little robots for Christmas two years ago. You have to feed them and care for them (by pressing a bunch of buttons basically) or they die, and once they die, there is NO activating them. Well, of course, being kids, they didn't care for these little robots and they died.

One night, one of the robots (the other we had thrown out because the arm broke off) started beeping and walking and saying "Feed me",and "I'm lonely". The robots weren't supposed to say actual sentences... their communication was supposed to just be a series of bleeps and such. I ended up throwing that one out as well. Ghosts I can handle... possessed toys is going a bit far.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#4 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 09 April 2004 - 09:14 AM

<shivers>  Here's one for you.

When I was a kid, I had a giant Cookie Monster doll.  Once upon a midnight weary, Cookie Monster was my all time fave character from Sesame Street.

So, I was the type of little girl that liked to give tea parties for her dolls and any adult dumb enough to join in ;)  This one time, it was just me and about a dozen of my dolls.  On the menu was those little chocolate covered graham cracker cookies.

So, those dolls who had mouths I could open and close, I placed one cookie into the mouth, pretending they were eating the cookie.  Cookie Monster was one of these.  But with his mouth, I had to hold it closed.  So I did.  For a few minutes while I 'chatted' with the other dolls.  When I opened his mouth to retrieve said cookie....THE COOKIE WAS GONE!

Cookie Monster lived in the garage after that and I wouldn't go near him.  No, there was no hole in his mouth, and the cookie did not melt.  It was a solid graham cracker covered in chocolate.  It was gone, he had eaten it!

To this day, my family delights in retelling this story, finding it funny.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#5 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 11:41 AM

Oh my GOD.. that is scary.....

Also the one about the Robots,

Mind if I ask, but where do you two live?
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:07 PM

I'm in Toronto....

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 hunnyfire

hunnyfire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,702 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 12:32 PM

Oh ok ,,, I was hoping your doll was not living near my state .....no offense ;)
I smile because I have no idea of what's going on.

#8 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 04:57 PM

I'm in Michigan. It must be a Canadian thing. LMAO!

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#9 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 06:43 PM

LMAO!!!!

Well....us Canuks are a different breed!  ;)  And we DO tend to affect those Americans in the boarder states :)  But only in a nice way...really!  ;)

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#10 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 09 April 2004 - 07:41 PM

Creepy dolls, eh?
Don't be a newt!

#11 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 05:26 AM

I'm SO glad you posted that creepy doll story, ana! Now all I have to do is hunt down sukura! BUWHAHAHAAA! And yeah, I still remember we were on the phone when that Exorcist Robot started beeping and talking...it was hella funny (and endlessly creepy) when you kept saying, DUDE! This robot will NOT shut up! And when I told you to take out the batteries, you went, but I already DID!! LOL *Shivers* Man, that story STILL gives me the creeps...blech! lol

#12 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,396 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 April 2004 - 07:19 AM

:o could it be possible that some playful spirits are actually entering these dolls? :;)
Posted Image

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:37 AM

Could be...but in my case, I was something like 6 years old, and that Cookie Monster doll was as big as me!  So naturally...I was freaked out.

What annoys me now is that friends and family familar with the story find it amusing and give me little Cookie Monster things!  The story has entered family legend, and is told at reunions, gatherings, AND my father TOLD IT to EVERYONE at my wedding reception in his speech!!!!!  :0

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 anasuya

anasuya

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 08:49 AM

lol Vamp. That's too funny. My mom, as well, is determined to find that doll at a garage sale one day and mail it to me.

It probably IS playful spirits but it weirds me OUT. I'd rather see a spirit flat-out materialize in front of me than start possessing inanimate objects.

Ana
Don't be a newt!

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 10 April 2004 - 10:17 AM

Agreed.  ;)  This is also why I REFUSE to see ANY horror movie that involves possessed toys!  It's only happened to me once...but I have the feeling that when I do have kids, it'll happen again.

Perhaps...carrying on Moon's thought....these playful spirits are simply attempting to play with or communicate with the child and haven't figured out it's easier to be their invisible friend?

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users