My views upon theshadowlands.net

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#16 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 12:22 PM

There is also an entry for Kingman, AZ called Laura's Canyon. I actually found the canyon and it is actually named Slaughterhouse Canyon. I have driven down the road through the canyon (Slaughterhouse Canyon Rd.) and there are a few homes in the canyon. The canyon is so named because there was a cattle slughterhouse in the area back about 100 years ago. Funny though, the old timers from the area have never heard of the legen described in the entry. Laura's moans in the "legend" are actually the wind blowing through fissures in the rock surfaces. So yes, believe nothing you hear and only half of what you see (or read for that matter).
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#17 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 12:08 PM

So i know this topic will offend some, but I think you guys should know what my mother and I have gone through. We found the website for the shadowlands and thought it was pretty cool with the haunted places index and all so we thought we would check out some of the places on the list. We decided to do an investigation into the Dartford cemetary, we were there a few times and found nothing at all day or night. So we e-mailed them to let them know about it, thinking they would post an update saying a group investigated and found nothing. The didn't, what they did is tell us to keep going on the same place, sometime you have to visit a place a lot of times before you find something. So basically what it was, is keep going until you find something to make yourself believe it's supernatural. Also, on there list of Wisconsin was a road in Rosendale I drove through Rosendale, it's not a big city. THERES IS NO WITCH ROAD IN ROSENDALE!!!! There now my story has been spoke.
PEACE!!!le

I
It is interesting to me that we have become a society of people who are quite expectant with a belief that we are entitled. We are not. No matter what we believe/have been led to believe there are no guarantees in life or the after. Spirit contact, like wise, is not a entiltement. It's not a tourist attraction. It is a two way communication that occurs when many elements are in place at a specific time, and is dependant upon the reception of the spirit energy and the reciepent being in tune at that specific time along with all elements in place. It is a spiritual event.

There are a wealth of websites dealing with unlimited topics including paranormal. Approach them from a attitude of sharing. Look, listen, and where you feel it's right for you, learn. If we all set out to debunk any thing that didn't resonate with us as individuals there would be nothing left to share. Keep in mind that we all have different levels of knowledge and experience dealing with the paranormal.

Not offended. Not angry. Just thought another way of looking at the subject might be of interest to you.

#18 dan_nwmps

dan_nwmps

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 04:29 PM

How tolerant are people to keep allowing you to return? What has been some of your experiences in this matter? How many times do you return before you declare a place not haunted?

I guess for us it varies from place to place iof we are there for our preliminary investigation and debunk lets say 75% of the claims.. and get no evidence after 5-6 hrs then we probably wont go back.
Unless the client strongly feels we need to then we will give it another shot.
On the other hand we do a prelim and debunk maybe 1 or 2 out of 20 claims and get a little evidence we will go back. we will continue to go back until our client is happy and they feel satified we have helped.. or we feel we have enough evidence to be able to solidly classify what is going on and form a plan on what to do with the client.

Its hard to have any set rules onhow much time to spend before calling it or how long to be there.

Edited by dan_nwmps, 24 August 2006 - 04:32 PM.

"Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open."Lord Thomas DewarPosted Image

#19 diamonds

diamonds

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Interests:ghosts, ghosts, and more ghosts!!!

Posted 10 September 2006 - 03:13 PM

Hi... I my self found shadowlands about 6 years ago... I live in Massachusetts... i printed the list and myself and two others checked out 90% of the list ( went to the places) I had some very scary experiences to absolutely nothing..also have gotten pictures of actual figures of people to pics of "orbs" to just nothing but I did enjoy shadowlands .... wish you had a better experience.....you can e mail me anyone who wants to know about the Massachusetts haunted places i went to at deboc79@comcast.net :clap:
diamonds

#20 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 24 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

Hi... I my self found shadowlands about 6 years ago... I live in Massachusetts... i printed the list and myself and two others checked out 90% of the list ( went to the places) I had some very scary experiences to absolutely nothing..also have gotten pictures of actual figures of people to pics of "orbs" to just nothing but I did enjoy shadowlands .... wish you had a better experience.....you can e mail me anyone who wants to know about the Massachusetts haunted places i went to at deboc79@comcast.net :hug:

Those wouldn't be Spidergates and the cemeteries in Rehoboth would they :wow:

#21 quarter23

quarter23

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 03 October 2006 - 01:54 PM

Shadowlands was probably the first decent ghost site I came across online, many many years ago now.(and it really hasn't changed much over the years) Their haunted-places list is an interesting idea. Its a pretty ambitious thing to collect so much data on allegedly haunted places spread over such vast geographical areas--obviously they can't validate every claim that comes in, so its all pretty dependent on heresay. I guess I can see how that could be frustrating if you're going to one of these places really expecting to experience something. But, like everything, you have to take things with a grain of salt. I see their list as a good starting-point, but I don't think you can go into it expecting it to be an absolute guide of what does and does not exist out there.

#22 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:17 PM

I've found the shadowlands website to be 50/50. I've had some expriences from places on there to not being able to find the place. the other downside to it is on a security job I worked one of my coworkers told me that his friends would hide in the bushes at a local teen hangout spot and make scary noises. the teens then sent an email to shadowlands and it was listed as a haunted area.
Sign says "next sign 30 miles."

#23 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 01 January 2007 - 10:25 PM

As has been pointed out, the administrators of the Shadowlands are simply COLLECTING the stories and reports. That in and of itself does not make them 100% acurate...no more than a book you might buy of the same. As far as I know, the folks running the website have never stated that they are paranormal investigators and chances are they've never been to the majority of places listed.

It's not so much a grain of salt that one needs, as a lick of common sense. :hug:

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users