What are the differences?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#16 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 06 September 2006 - 04:38 PM

[size=2]
And how about getting messages of comfort through dreams - is there a name for that? I've had several myself through the years that have seemed to have meaning (and I'm willing to bet this is something most people have experienced so, I don't think it's really unusual). The best one I've heard of though was when my mom was a young girl during the war and was so worried about her brother (the same one on the ship above) and her two uncles who were also in the service. Then one night she had a vivid dream of three angels floating above the war memorial which is located in the center of our city and she knew they would all survive. It gave her the peace of mind to stop worrying and, just as she had believed, they all survived the war.

size]

I like to call them the:

Delivery Gram- Often an important message delivered by a freshly dead loved one, but not exclusively.

My friend Kate had a visit from a person she had never even heard of before when she was in Hawaii visiting her friend Bea. It happened one night long after everyone had gone to bed, she was awakened by a large booming thump in the middle of the night. She was convinced that the house was struck by loose boulder from off the hill.

She got up to see what happened and found nothing unusual and no boulder.

After she got back in bed she noticed at the foot of the bed a small slightly built old gentleman with a wide brimmed hat looking at her from the foot of the bed. Startled she asked him “Who are you?” He replied that he was Grandpa Cummers and wanted her to tell Bea that she was going to be fine. He said “You tell Bea that it will be painful for awhile, but she’ll be alright.”

In the morning she asked Bea who Grandpa Cummers was. Startled, Bea told her that was her long deceased and much beloved step father and cofirmed that he was indeed a small man who very often wore a large brimmed gardening hat.

Bea had been suffering from a strange illness for about 3 months and thought that she was going to die soon, she was 85 at the time and just felt that this illness was the final aloha.

However it turned out just as Grandpa Cummers said it would, and she is a healthy young woman of 86 now.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#17 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 06 September 2006 - 09:58 PM

[size=2]
And how about getting messages of comfort through dreams - is there a name for that? I've had several myself through the years that have seemed to have meaning (and I'm willing to bet this is something most people have experienced so, I don't think it's really unusual). The best one I've heard of though was when my mom was a young girl during the war and was so worried about her brother (the same one on the ship above) and her two uncles who were also in the service. Then one night she had a vivid dream of three angels floating above the war memorial which is located in the center of our city and she knew they would all survive. It gave her the peace of mind to stop worrying and, just as she had believed, they all survived the war.

size]

I like to call them the:

Delivery Gram- Often an important message delivered by a freshly dead loved one, but not exclusively.

My friend Kate had a visit from a person she had never even heard of before when she was in Hawaii visiting her friend Bea. It happened one night long after everyone had gone to bed, she was awakened by a large booming thump in the middle of the night. She was convinced that the house was struck by loose boulder from off the hill.

She got up to see what happened and found nothing unusual and no boulder.

After she got back in bed she noticed at the foot of the bed a small slightly built old gentleman with a wide brimmed hat looking at her from the foot of the bed. Startled she asked him “Who are you?” He replied that he was Grandpa Cummers and wanted her to tell Bea that she was going to be fine. He said “You tell Bea that it will be painful for awhile, but she’ll be alright.”

In the morning she asked Bea who Grandpa Cummers was. Startled, Bea told her that was her long deceased and much beloved step father and cofirmed that he was indeed a small man who very often wore a large brimmed gardening hat.

Bea had been suffering from a strange illness for about 3 months and thought that she was going to die soon, she was 85 at the time and just felt that this illness was the final aloha.

However it turned out just as Grandpa Cummers said it would, and she is a healthy young woman of 86 now.

Thanks for the story spooks, i love those at the end of the bed visits!~Heavenlee

I hope to have one from nip tucks Dr Troy someday...can i say this? LOL!
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#18 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 06:28 AM

I like to call them the:

I loved the Grandpa story! Thanks for sharing it. Come to think of it, my mother also had a dream once right after my father died that was similar to your "delivery gram" thought. My sister and I were young and she was stressing quite a bit about how she was going to make it without him - especially with the total responsibility of raising two children on her own. Then one night she had a dream that she saw him walking up our street at night and he stopped and looked at her and told her that everything would be okay. It was never easy without him in our lives but, he was right - we did make it. My mom passed away almost four years ago now - just a little over 40 years after my dad left us. I know in my heart that she's with him again - and that's one thing I don't need a dream to confirm. :weeee:

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#19 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 07:50 AM

I like to call them the:

I loved the Grandpa story! Thanks for sharing it. Come to think of it, my mother also had a dream once right after my father died that was similar to your "delivery gram" thought. My sister and I were young and she was stressing quite a bit about how she was going to make it without him - especially with the total responsibility of raising two children on her own. Then one night she had a dream that she saw him walking up our street at night and he stopped and looked at her and told her that everything would be okay. It was never easy without him in our lives but, he was right - we did make it. My mom passed away almost four years ago now - just a little over 40 years after my dad left us. I know in my heart that she's with him again - and that's one thing I don't need a dream to confirm. :weeee:

Im so sorry CastleBee..Your right about them being together. It has to be hard to lose both parents. I still have mine..although i almost lost my dad several times. He had an angel looking out for him, he gave him his heart! Now i have my old dad back although he has new tendancies..lol! He got the heart of an 18 year old guy! ~Hlee

#20 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:03 PM

Im so sorry CastleBee..Your right about them being together. It has to be hard to lose both parents. I still have mine..although i almost lost my dad several times. He had an angel looking out for him, he gave him his heart! Now i have my old dad back although he has new tendancies..lol! He got the heart of an 18 year old guy! ~Hlee

Thank you heavenlee. I'm glad your father is doing well. It sounds like he's been through a lot. Many years of good health and happiness to all of you!

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#21 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking & baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting & open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 07 September 2006 - 01:45 PM

[quote name='heavenlee' post='348247' date='Sep 6 2006, 07:58 PM'][/quote] Thanks for the story spooks, i love those at the end of the bed visits!~Heavenlee

[/quote]

Your a wicked little :Spaz: arent you... :Spaz:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#22 saralove_23

saralove_23

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 02:53 PM

I don't even know what kind of dream this was. About 3 or 4 years ago my uncle Rocky died, he had some cancer in his intestines wich eventualy spread to his stomach, so he had to get a tube witch ran from his stomach and into a exposed bag, (he couldn't eat any solids). While he was in the hospital Iwas the only person in my faimly who visited him frequently cause his hospital was a hour drive and I new the area well
so he pretty much starved to death. Anyways about 3 days after he had died, I had a dream where I was at my grandparents house, I was comming down the stairs nothing seemed out of place except that my uncle was sitting in his faverote chair (he would always kick us out of it if he wanted to sit even if there was other places to sit) My grandparent's were sitting in their usual spots, but it had seemed that they didn't even notice he or I was there. I stoped as soon as i seen him there and started crying i couldnt help it, i was verry confused by this and he looked at me strangely and said "what are you crying about im fine." i went over to him and huged him, one thing i notiesed was he was wearing a greyish pinstripe suit, in life he never wore suits. That was the end of the dream, anyways when i woke up i felt relived and not as sad about his death as i had been. I later told my grandma about the dream and she looked at me kind of funny and said "that suit, that sounds exatly like the suit he was married in." ( I had never seen this suit before. ) so my grandma ran upstairs and took out a picture of him on his wedding day, sure enough that was the suit.

I don't know but i just thought i would share that with you.

please pardon my spelling i tried to correct it but my computer is being funny.

#23 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:54 PM

I love those visitation in dream storys :headbang: I get warm fuzzys all over...

#24 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 12:03 AM

[quote name='spooksareus' post='348396' date='Sep 7 2006, 01:45 PM'][quote name='heavenlee' post='348247' date='Sep 6 2006, 07:58 PM'][/quote] Thanks for the story spooks, i love those at the end of the bed visits!~Heavenlee

[/quote]

Your a wicked little :devil: arent you... :Spaz:
[/quote]

sometimes i can be..lol! But its just all talk, im a happily married atleast 6 days a week. He always has men pms atleast one day...But watcha gonna do???~Hlee :hug:

#25 spooksareus

spooksareus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 10:48 AM

[quote name='heavenlee' post='348555' date='Sep 7 2006, 10:03 PM'][quote name='spooksareus' post='348396' date='Sep 7 2006, 01:45 PM']
[quote name='heavenlee' post='348247' date='Sep 6 2006, 07:58 PM'][/quote] Thanks for the story spooks, i love those at the end of the bed visits!~Heavenlee

[/quote]

Your a wicked little :wow: arent you... :Wall:
[/quote]

sometimes i can be..lol! But its just all talk, im a happily married atleast 6 days a week. He always has men pms atleast one day...But watcha gonna do???~Hlee :clap:
[/quote]

Go shopping of course! :(

#26 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 11:44 PM

[quote name='spooksareus' post='348637' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:48 AM'][quote name='heavenlee' post='348555' date='Sep 7 2006, 10:03 PM']
[quote name='spooksareus' post='348396' date='Sep 7 2006, 01:45 PM']

[/quote]

Your a wicked little :clap: arent you... :P
[/quote]

sometimes i can be..lol! But its just all talk, im a happily married atleast 6 days a week. He always has men pms atleast one day...But watcha gonna do???~Hlee :ghost:
[/quote]

Go shopping of course! :clap:
[/quote] of course..shopping I did a great job too! I got some halloween decorations, really cute. I dont know where im going to put them. We will be decorating all the bathrooms now. lol! I cant help it, halloween decorating has to start first week of sept here i have so much stuff!

#27 chessman

chessman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 12:18 AM

[quote name='heavenlee' post='348788' date='Sep 8 2006, 11:44 PM'][quote name='spooksareus' post='348637' date='Sep 8 2006, 10:48 AM']
[quote name='heavenlee' post='348555' date='Sep 7 2006, 10:03 PM']
[quote name='spooksareus' post='348396' date='Sep 7 2006, 01:45 PM']

[/quote]

Your a wicked little :clap: arent you... :Spaz:
[/quote]

sometimes i can be..lol! But its just all talk, im a happily married atleast 6 days a week. He always has men pms atleast one day...But watcha gonna do???~Hlee :ghost:
[/quote]

Go shopping of course! :Spaz:
[/quote] of course..shopping I did a great job too! I got some halloween decorations, really cute. I dont know where im going to put them. We will be decorating all the bathrooms now. lol! I cant help it, halloween decorating has to start first week of sept here i have so much stuff!
[/quote]

my grandson decorated my place when he was seven. i'm still scrapin' stuff from windows, and he's just turned twenty. if i didn't know better i'd say he went allittle overboard on decorating. :wow: :clap: :P :lol:

#28 RevKeltina

RevKeltina

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts
  • Interests:Family history, ghost hunting, reading and gardening.

Posted 15 September 2006 - 07:39 AM

I don't consider myself as having any "abilities" but I can hear them.....constantly! Do you have any idea how many of them will just talk and talk??!! I have even had times where I can carry on entire conversations and have made a few friends over there. I don't ever see them (that I know of) but sometimes, I can feel them touch me. Maybe I don't have a category but with 76 different ones, there must be something out there for me! Hee hee

FYI: I always thought this was the nastiest one I had every heard of:

Scatoscopy is divination by the examination of excrement.

Blessings,
RevKeltina

#29 chessman

chessman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 17 September 2006 - 02:45 AM

I don't consider myself as having any "abilities" but I can hear them.....constantly! Do you have any idea how many of them will just talk and talk??!! I have even had times where I can carry on entire conversations and have made a few friends over there. I don't ever see them (that I know of) but sometimes, I can feel them touch me. Maybe I don't have a category but with 76 different ones, there must be something out there for me! Hee hee

FYI: I always thought this was the nastiest one I had every heard of:

Scatoscopy is divination by the examination of excrement.

Blessings,
RevKeltina

you are experiencing clairaudience, or clear hearing, if that is what is actually occurring. however, hearing them constantly may not be actual spirit contacxt, but a disorder called schizophrenia. this may seem strange, but both are similar, but the disorder is a chemical cause and is easily treated with a medication. to be sure, if you know of a good psychic please ask for his input before seeking medical treatment. i know it may be scary, but if you don't have control over when and how you are contacting the other side, you run the risk that could cause you great problems. if you cannot get complete control, medical intervention must be sought or you may wind up in a hospital against your will so you can be treated. from your description, it is more likely a chemical imbalance that affects that portion of the brain which handles hearing. when the brain chemistry fails to remain in a balanced state, seeinbg and/or hearing uncontrollably occurs. get whatever assistance is needed. but don't think you are crazy because you are not. as for what you thought nasty, it is no different than divination of animal organs, entrails, bones etc. it is only a definition and not a specific gift. it very much like reading objects, such as keys, watches, and other personal items and is called psychometry, the reading of objects. :( :( :D

#30 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 17 September 2006 - 03:16 AM

As far as the "visits in a dream" story, my mom told me once about a visit my father had in a dream from his own father. My grandpa died at the age of 45, a few years before my parents met. My dad, the second oldest in his family, was only 18 and was over fighting the war in Korea at the time. He didn't even get to come home and attend his father's funeral. Anyway, after my dad came home he moved to Michigan (from Kentucky) and that's where he met my mom. After a few dates with my mom. dad had a dream where he saw his father. Dad asked grandpa if he should marry this new girl he had met. Grandpa smiled and nodded. Shortly after, my mom and dad were maried, a total of two months after they had met. They've been married for almost 51 years now. All because of a visit in a dream.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users