• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 spookman

spookman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 02:33 PM

Please read this with an open mind. have we all got a psychic energy inside us that we might not have unlocked. i was just thinking this because some psychics were not born able to do it and in later life they are. so thats basically what made me a bit curious.

#2 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 06:54 PM

Most definitely spookman. I am 46years old have only just discovered things about myself that I have had since a teen. I always use to joke around and so did my mother about things that I would sense over the years. When I lived at home I use to get this excited feeling in me coming home from school when I had a letter from my best friend waiting for me at home. I would walk in the door and say to my mother"well, where is it?" she would give me the letter. She started playing around with me a bit with this and try to hide the letter and say there wasnt one which would have me really confused.I would sit down scratching my head and say" thats weird, I really thought there was one there" and then she would laugh and pull it out from her pocket. I use to do this phone calls also. I knew who was on the other end before it was picked up. I can also feel physical pain of others and feel pain in myself before it happens. I use to wonder why just before I cut myself I use to get this strange physical feeling before it happened. I can only describe this as a nervy someone walked over my grave feeling and I feel it sort of to my bones and my whole body. I get it also when I am near someone who has cut themselves etc. I am a nurse and get it also when I am tending a wound. Its a yukky feeling.

As I got older I still had things but not so obvious. Now everything is coming alive again as I am exploring this more and realising what it all was. I am clairsentient and empathic and more I believe but the other stuff is harder for me to recognise. I thank ghost investigating for bringing this all to light again.

I think this is going to go from strength to strength for me. I am becoming more spiritually aware and as this is happening , more is happening and now I am recognising stuff.

I do believe we all have this. I just dont know why sometimes people have it from birth and some take a while for it to show. It almost seems like someone else decides when the time is right.

#3 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 08:28 PM

Everybody has psychic power. It is one of the divine gifts from god. All you need to do is develop it.
petunia4998

#4 spookman

spookman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 06:30 AM

recently i have been having dreams that make no sense when they happen. but they actually happen in a few months like tv shows that i have never seen before and i dream the ending and it actually happens. but how do you develop it

#5 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:52 PM

In my opinion we all have psychic abilities. We all have a spirit inside of us and it amounts to our spirit communicating with other spirits. Birds of a feather kind of thing. I believe that when we are young we don't have any barriers to it and that is the reason that kids see ghosts so often. I think that when we get older we throw up barriers to block this ability for various reasons, I guess it comes along with adult reasoning. You can develop it more all the time but I feel that most never do develop it at all really, just occasionally have a weird dream, etc. I would keep working with it if you would like to develop it more.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#6 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 20 August 2006 - 02:35 PM

I agree that we all have psychic abilities. I believe we are born with them. Children are most remarkable when it comes to this. My sister runs a day care and has seen this over and over again in her own home. Fortunately, both she and the parents of the children she cares for are of like minds. The children are allowed to acknowlege what they see/hear/sense and to verbalize when they can. Given that my sister's house has many resident entities, not a week goes by that one child or another will pick up on something. If we had all been nurtured in this sense, then perhaps we all would be more aware of our inborn capabilities and able to use them, instead of trying to restart our engines, so to speak, as adults.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#7 LittlePinky82

LittlePinky82

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 05:43 PM

That is so true. I think I've always had it in me and ever since I was younger I've been drawn to it like it was calling out to me (or possibly more so my guides it seems) but I didn't start getting involved with everything until a few years ago. I've had a few things come true and I've had a few vision's but most of those are in the far distant future and haven't happened yet but I still have faith in the general message of the vision(s). It just takes faith, practice and self-confidence.

recently i have been having dreams that make no sense when they happen. but they actually happen in a few months like tv shows that i have never seen before and i dream the ending and it actually happens. but how do you develop it

Just practice simple exercises at first. I've heard people use the exercise of trying to guess who's on the phone when it rings and no cheating with a caller ID or anything like that. I know it sounds so cliche but it does work. I did that and would just keep practicing and now I can usually guess who is on the phone. You just have to figure out how it works for you and I believe each person has different ways of doing things. Also, in my opinion, some things one person might be good at and you aren't so you can always practice and challenge that ability.

I agree that we all have psychic abilities. I believe we are born with them. Children are most remarkable when it comes to this. My sister runs a day care and has seen this over and over again in her own home. Fortunately, both she and the parents of the children she cares for are of like minds. The children are allowed to acknowlege what they see/hear/sense and to verbalize when they can. Given that my sister's house has many resident entities, not a week goes by that one child or another will pick up on something. If we had all been nurtured in this sense, then perhaps we all would be more aware of our inborn capabilities and able to use them, instead of trying to restart our engines, so to speak, as adults.

That sounds great! A friend of mine has a younger niece who has seen spirits before. She got really scared once at night going to bed and she saw someone outside her window. But yes when you're younger your mind is more open and innocent and not filled with doubts etc. Children are more trusting etc.

#8 petunia4998

petunia4998

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 03:23 PM

The exercises to develop it are very easy and can be done anywhere, any time. Get a deck of cards. Start out simple and guess which color will come up. Then graduate to suits, then numbers.
petunia4998

#9 jakob493

jakob493

Very greedy and not happy with just one tag

• PipPipPipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 08:16 PM

All that was suggested before me are great ideas. Also, if you'd like a lot more exercises, that start very simple and graduate to (What I think is) very impressive, I suggest picking up a good psychic development book. Might I suggest William H. Hewitt's Psychic Development for Beginners? I love this book. Its nice and simple, starting with sensitizing your first 5 senses, then simple relaxation exercises and programming your mind to relax on command, then it gets to work on the really interesting stuff of psychic development. This book can be found anywhere and is dirt cheap.

#10 Child Witch

Child Witch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:49 AM

i have them all the time but they happen over the time of a few days for me not months.
They are called premonitions.
You can actually get a pretty good idea from what they are, from watching Charmed. Charmed portrays a lot of things about witchcraft and i researched and found out Alyissa Milano (pheobe) is a wiccan.
There are lots of psi powers and people are more skilled in some of them. I for one am skillled in telekinesis and telepathy. You might have very powerful empathy or astral projection!

ill will post a link with lessons for psi powers.

EDIT: here it is

http://www.psipog.ne...epsy/book1.html

that teaches u alot like shielding aura viewing etc etc
Posted Image If You Like My Signiture PM me with a ratingPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#11 spookman

spookman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 12:52 PM

Last night i had a dream where i was looking at the newspaper and in big print it said 14/4 and without even getting a hint of what it was about i thought of a disaster. then today in the tv shop they had skynews on and it said a plane had crashed. i looked at the time and it was 14:22. i am not sure if i had a premonition or not but it seemed too much of a coincidence that the time i found out it was 14:22 when it had a 14 in my dream. i dont know what the other 4 meant though.

please give your thoughts but please do not criticise.

#12 Child Witch

Child Witch

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 06:59 AM

it could of meant anything. maybe the amount of survivors how many dead..... i had the same premonition but i was looking at the tv in my loiunge with it on teh screen. my premonitions are not normally crryptic ( i just see into the future) but that is why i am not that good that at figuring at that clue. soz i tried my best
Posted Image If You Like My Signiture PM me with a ratingPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#13 nnyprs

nnyprs

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts
  • Interests:All things paranormal.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 07:44 AM

I definately believe we are all born with psychic abiltity. SOme just get to know how to use it better than the rest.
The Northern New York Paranormal Research SocietySEEK TRUTH!!!The NNYPRS Discussion ForumSEEK TRUTH!!![url=http://www.blogtalkradio.com/NNYPRS[/url]SEEK TRUTH!!!Posted Image

#14 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 05:45 AM

Most definitely spookman. I am 46years old have only just discovered things about myself that I have had since a teen.

That mirrors my own experience, except that I come from a family of strong skeptics. If I ever mentioned anything I sensed, it was met with insistence that I was either letting my imagination get away with me or had made a lucky guess. I went through a period in college where I was around other psychics, and my abilities got stronger for awhile. Then I had some scary experiences and think I must have subconciously damped down my abilities for a couple of decades. I was non-psychic between the ages of 25 - 40. Now that I started ghost hunting, my abilities have returned. They are still very much off and on, but when they do kick in, they are far stronger than they had been earlier in my life, sometimes with an intensity that takes me by surprise.

Anyway, since my abilities as a kid were truly quite mild, I'd agree that this is something anyone should be able to develop. I'm sure a lot of people who think they aren't psychic at all were socialized to believe that at a young age. One thing I've noticed that seemed to help is that I started paying more attention to things I picked up on psychically and giving them some credence instead of brushing them off as my imagination. A friend of mine who is a professional psychic said that, yeah, psychic abilities are like muscles - the more you use them, the stronger they get.

#15 spookman

spookman

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 01:55 PM

I think i am getting better at this. my mum watches tv show where people get voted off everyweek and i have got the people right so far. :Spaz:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users