• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 scaremaster

scaremaster

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 11:15 PM

Hi all,

Im new here and Im fron sothern Indiana. From the Seymour area. I would like to know
if any of you are framilure with this place. About 8 years ago some buddies of mine we all went to find it but never did. And to make a LONG story short, it just seemed that for some reason it was like no
matter what we did it just wasnt working out.

Now, have any of you been there, whats it like, and is it SCARY!?!?

Thank you for your time!

Scaremaster

#2 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:48 PM

Although I'm not from the area, I did a quick search using google and found the following listed in Pekin Indiana.

Katie's Lane - across from blue river church there has been a new house built in the last ten years the plot is now named oddly enough k's acres. Several years ago this was the place to party being across from the church there is a cemetery and late one night after a party was winding down a man buy the name of godfree was very intoxicated and wondered across the road and leaned against a very large head stone that was about 2000 lbs. Then he passed out to be found with the stone on top of him. This is still unsolved but was not investigated very thoroughly. They did report that there were no tire tracks of any kind and people could not have pushed it over because the grave stones are set fairly far into the ground. There have also heard rumors of strange noises and unexplained lights in the area before the new home was built

I can't vouch for the validity of this, but I hope it's what you are looking for.

Please note: as this is not a legend or a myth and is an actual location, I'm going to move it to the Haunted Locations board where it will receive the attention it's due.

Edited by Justa, 24 August 2006 - 09:26 PM.

Posted Image

#3 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 02:30 PM

Several years ago this was the place to party being across from the church there is a cemetery and late one night after a party was winding down a man buy the name of godfree was very intoxicated and wondered across the road and leaned against a very large head stone that was about 2000 lbs. Then he passed out to be found with the stone on top of him. This is still unsolved but was not investigated very thoroughly. They did report that there were no tire tracks of any kind and people could not have pushed it over because the grave stones are set fairly far into the ground. There have also heard rumors of strange noises and unexplained lights in the area before the new home was built

That's an interesting and creepy story - thanks for posting. The only thing is, if this was an older cemetery - say 100+ years or so - it wouldn't surprise me in the least if that old grave stone was sitting there ready to topple over. I've seen lots of those old huge tower-like stones in old country cemeteries laying flat on the ground or as though the top part had decided to suddenly take a swan dive. Age, weather and lack of maintenance finally catches up with the grandest of monuments. It could have been due to something weird or it might have just been really bad timing on the drunk guy's part. Maybe it was like a local news story I heard a few years ago - a family was driving down a tree-lined country road one night and suddenly a huge, ancient tree fell right on top of their car just as they were passing it. No wind, no rain - totally quiet, peaceful night. The entire family - except one poor little child in the back - was killed instantly. That too could have been due to something weird but, I really think it was just a freak accident.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#4 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

Hi all,

Im new here and Im fron sothern Indiana. From the Seymour area. I would like to know
if any of you are framilure with this place. About 8 years ago some buddies of mine we all went to find it but never did. And to make a LONG story short, it just seemed that for some reason it was like no

Thank you for your time!

Scaremaster

~Hi Scaremaster and welcome to Ghost Village! I used to live in a small town in southern Indiana called Chandler. My Mom was raised down in that neck of the woods for the most part of her life. She sent me this websight to a library in Evansville that she used to frequent as a child. Thought you might like it. I'm going to give you 2 ways to get there in case one doesn't work. www.libraryghost.com and/or
Evansville Courier & Press Ghost Cam (I hope one of these work for you...it's pretty cool!!)

Edited by Laurie Ann, 05 September 2006 - 06:25 PM.

~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#5 dixonsalem

dixonsalem

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 February 2007 - 06:20 AM

Hi all,

Thank you for your time!

Scaremaster

~Hi Scaremaster and welcome to Ghost Village! I used to live in a small town in southern Indiana called Chandler. My Mom was raised down in that neck of the woods for the most part of her life. She sent me this websight to a library in Evansville that she used to frequent as a child. Thought you might like it. I'm going to give you 2 ways to get there in case one doesn't work. www.libraryghost.com and/or
Evansville Courier & Press Ghost Cam (I hope one of these work for you...it's pretty cool!!)

katies lane is not haunted i mow it also am a deer hunter and the property owner let me hunt on the place and i hunt next to the cemetery true years ago it used to be a hangout for teenagers to go and party and there was a young boy lost his live in the cemetery one post said his name was godfry his name was vanlaninham was never solved or found out what really happened if any one goes to the cemetery at night the property owner will call the police during the day as long as you get permission they do not have a problem wit any one goint to visit the cemetery to pay respect to the ones buried there

#6 murllstewart

murllstewart

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:28 PM

I live here right down the road. I graduated in 2004, the myth of my school days was always referred to as "The Katies Lane Devil Worshipers". Back in school it was a place used to tell drunk girls as a ploy to park at the church and sneak over to the barn and scare them or maybe get laid lol. When I went in 2002 as a junior I remember there was old farm equipment in the barn and spray painting all over tve inside various so-and-so was heres and pentagrams and other assorted tags from previous high schoolers and such... ig you want a real haunted place near salem google "Kinderhook cemetary Scottsburg, Indiana" that place scared the bejesus outta me on a Halloween at midnight ill never do that again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users