• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 07:27 AM

I have always wanted to ask this question and I am hoping to get everyones thoughts on what the answer could be.

In my old house, and only in my room, I used to stay up at night as a child afraid of the dark. I would often hear a "snap" in the air as if something was there and then left getting smaller and smaller and then snapping just before leaving altogether. Does this make any sense? My mother had passed away long before and I always wondered if it was her. Later, 25 years later, my Grandfather was staying in the same room. He had cancer and was living with my parents along with hospice visits. I asked him one day about the snap noise and he said he heard it often too while in the room.

Any ideas about snapping noise?

Also, when I would visit him, the mini blinds would ripple very noisily when the window was closed and no breeze was in the room.

#2 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 09:05 AM

Is it an electrical sounding snap Cmraposa ? Does it happen constantly? What time of day does it happen? Sorry bout all the questions....i i guess i have a lil curiosity today?LOL! ~Heavenlee
Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#3 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 August 2006 - 05:13 PM

Is it an electrical sounding snap Cmraposa ? Does it happen constantly? What time of day does it happen? Sorry bout all the questions....i i guess i have a lil curiosity today?LOL! ~Heavenlee

It sounded like a tight snap in mid air close to me and it would generally happen at night while I was up scared or reading. ????????

#4 PreTeenGhostHunter

PreTeenGhostHunter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts
  • Interests:Hey I'm Meghan... jah.

Posted 23 August 2006 - 06:34 PM

O my god, that's so weird. I have the kinda same problem. Ever since my uncle has died, I would be sitting in my room reading in the dark. When I would hear a kind of snapping noise, as if your hands were dry and you rubbed your finger's together fast. It's so strange and it creep's me out. It's almost as if it;s tring to teese me, when ever I look twords were it's comming from It stop's. When I look back to my book it starts again.

Was it like that?
For you?

Posted Image

#5 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 07:27 PM

Don't ever brush of any type of noise that seems to be just coming from the air. My team and I have experienced spirit creating all sorts of noises that just seem to 'come from the air'.

I have heard noises like tapping, popping, growling and other noises that just couldnt be identified though they were audible to the naked ear.

A strange thing that I heard once was at Quarantine Station. There were 4 of us on our own looking up at this building where apparitions have been seen . I have seen weird things in this building like a yellow light that kept coming on and off in a room with no light bulb and seen a shadow darting two and fro. This shadow was dwarf size.

While we were looking up my sisters torch came out of her hand and hit the ground and broke into parts that were all put back together. The weird thing was that when it happened there was this loud popping noise that sounded like a lightbulb blowing. I actually looked up not thinking when we were standing outdoors. My mind just thought a lightbulb had blown but we were outside. It took a few seconds for it to dawn on me that her torch had been pushed out of her hand. She swears she did not drop it. It was so sudden that one of our team members took off lolllll!

The torch was strangely not broken. No part of it was broken. The sound did not fit the action.

I wonder sometimes if spirit cause these poltergeist things and in the process of 'burning ' energy to do it, it causes some sort of static electricity noise or some sort of explosion of energy.

#6 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:12 PM

Wow, no joke im sitting here and heard a loud Snap! First time that ever happened. I was reading this topic again. One thing that worries me though is a month ago the house was struck by lightening. :devil: ~H

Edited by heavenlee, 25 August 2006 - 10:12 PM.

Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 10:19 PM

Try taking a picture or an evp. thanks for sharing your encounter, I really have no clue...lol

#8 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:comparative religions, paganism, the occult, the paranormal, my cats and dogs.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 12:10 AM

Try taking a picture or an evp. thanks for sharing your encounter, I really have no clue...lol

That's a good idea, Caesar.

You know, anything is possible. And I often wonder about the type of sounds our ghostly friends are able to reproduce.

It may be nothing, it may be something.

A few years ago, right after one of our Cystic Fibrosis patients died, we would hear the sound of extended oxygen tubing being dragged across the ward floor toward us. Exactly as it had would have sounded if it had been a living CF coming to sit with us in the duty office.

Another time, right after a patient died after being on a respirator, we would hear the sound of the bellows being inflated and deflated on the old Bennets Ventilator (before we got these fancy ones). How that is possible, I don't know. But there ya have it.

Don't discount anything! It's all possible.

We have had so many encounters, on so many levels, the girls and I just smile these days. If they want to communicate or make you aware of their presence, they'll find a way.
Posted ImageIn Shadows and StormsShadowStorm

#9 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 26 August 2006 - 05:42 AM

Thanks for Sharing Your experience. I too Used to hear sound in my bedroom as a kid. They were more like scrathins though. I guess it could have been a mouse, but they seemed to drag across the wall all the way down the room, and it was a big attic bedroom. As for you "sound" I can't think of a thing that would cause that.

P.S.
I'm going to move this to The Personal Encounters board.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#10 Americaneagle

Americaneagle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 06:55 PM

This Reply is almost on the topic, but, on alot of my EVP I constantly get what sounds like Two Hollow Bamboo Poles being hit together once, it usually happens in the background of my recordings. Dont hear it with my own ears, but, just cant figure out what that is.....Maybe some of you know?.....

#11 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:42 PM

This Reply is almost on the topic, but, on alot of my EVP I constantly get what sounds like Two Hollow Bamboo Poles being hit together once, it usually happens in the background of my recordings. Dont hear it with my own ears, but, just cant figure out what that is.....Maybe some of you know?.....

This might be some help to you all. The snapping and tapping noices that you all here is just a way for them to communicate with us. Also,tapping is the oldest way of communication to man kind. Once we were using a talking board and we got this young female spirit named Emily. She wanted to stay at Julies house and be with us cuz she was lonely. I asked her how would I know if you are present with us. Her reply was " I'll tap". Of course I told her that she cannot stay. But anyways, that is one of the reasons why they like to snap and tap things. They want your attention!!! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#12 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 08:43 PM

I haven't heard that snap again in years. It's definately not a tap sound. Whenever I heard it, I could imagine something being in the air that was more dense than the air itself and when it left it got smaller and smaller until it was squeezed out into nothing making a snapping noise. The snap noise itselft didn't scare me but I could never stop looking at my door and always had to sleep facing the door. I would read until I was so tired I could pass out (if I didn't sneak into my sister's room and sleep as close as possible to her bed on the floor without her seeing me)
It's completely possible to me to think it was my mother checking up on me in the afterlife. I had a very sad and unhappy childhood and I thought about her constantly. Hmmm, my sister had seen her spirit and was not afraid. I am sure she would not have shown herself to me as much as I longed for her because she knew it would scare me and maybe just checked in and out.
I had strange things happening again years later when I had my children and lived in a different house. You know, lights flickering, tv going on and off, toys going on by themselves etc, etc. Your garden variety happenings that you prefer to explain logically away so your not scared.
In fact, I never knew a lot about the paranormal until I went to a lecture by the Warren's a couple of years ago. I thought it was very interesting but I must say it scares me and the girls I worked with and for weeks, none of us could sleep although one girl is now a ghost hunter. After that show, the strangest thing happened. When I came home and walked into the house, my kitchen (everything in the kitchen) was dripping wet with condensation and just that room. What does everyone make of that? Anyhow, I'm glad I have a place to go to get opinions on all these questions I have always had. Thank you

#13 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 09:37 PM

[/quote]
This might be some help to you all. The snapping and tapping noices that you all here is just a way for them to communicate with us. Also,tapping is the oldest way of communication to man kind. Once we were using a talking board and we got this young female spirit named Emily. She wanted to stay at Julies house and be with us cuz she was lonely. I asked her how would I know if you are present with us. Her reply was " I'll tap". Of course I told her that she cannot stay. But anyways, that is one of the reasons why they like to snap and tap things. They want your attention!!! Dave
[/quote]

I have never heard you mention a tapping spirit before Damckie. Did you ever hear this spirit tap? I have been waiting for someone on this board to say they have experienced a tapping spirit.

#14 curiousmember

curiousmember

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 09:17 PM

I am so relieved to see that other people have heard the same thing I have. Ever since my grandfather died several years ago, I have been hearing a snap (just one at a time though) in mid air, only in my bedroom. It sounds like someone snapping their fingers together. It happened very frequently right after he died, but then slowed down to once every few weeks or less. Then, several months before my grandmother died, it started happening very frequently (still only one at a time), and continued at the same frequency for a month or so after she died. Now, it happens every couple weeks or so. Most of the time it happens at night, but it has happened at all times of the day. It also doesn't seem to come from the same place of the room - sometimes it's on my side of the bed, sometimes on the other side, other times across the room. I have heard it so close to me I could almost feel it. I have tried to rationalize what it could be and can't. Two other people have heard it in my room, so I know it's not just me going nuts.

It also seemed to happen at times I was distressed about something and needed comfort. But then I started to become frightened about it (I was talking to some people who said they thought it was the devil or an evil spirit trying to confuse me), and it slowed way down (could be because whoever it is does not want to scare me). I'm still a bit confused about the whole thing and would love to hear of other's perspective on it.

#15 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 21 May 2007 - 05:41 AM

I once had this in a caravan that we bought off a man who was dying, after he died the noise would wake me up but as soon as I opened my eyes it would go. I also used to have bad dreams in that caravan. Maybe its just a spirit trying to catch your attention, or anyones attention, just so that your aware of it!

Edited by lonely leonie, 21 May 2007 - 05:43 AM.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users