• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 Agent_Scully

Agent_Scully

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 04:04 AM

I thought I'd take a few minutes and tell you all about my first visit from beyond...So pull up a chair, sit back and relax! :)

When I was growing up, I never really thought much about death. That is, until the summer of 1996. I had only been out of high school for a year when this happened, but I tell you, it changed the way I looked at life after death.

I went to school with a really nice girl named Robin. We had gone to school together from kindergarten, all the way up through graduation. The summer after we graduated, she and I did quite a bit of running around together, including with a guy friend of ours named Chris. Chris and his family had moved away from KS to TX when we were in 9th grade, so we only got to see Chris during the summer, when he would come up to visit. Well this particular summer, the 3 of us were inseperable. We did so much together! About a month before Robin died, the 3 of us went to see the movie "Independence Day." I remember us driving home after the movie, in my car, with the windows down, laughing all the way! Not a care in the world, you know?

On a Friday night, I was working at the McDonald's in my hometown. I got home after work, and my mom told me that Robin and Heather (another friend of ours) had stopped by to see if I wanted to go with them to the Johnson County Fair. Mom had told them I was working, so she doubted I'd be able to go. Three days later, on Monday, I received a call that Robin had died. She just fell over dead in her bedroom that morning. Months later, a tumor on her pituitary gland would be the named as the cause of her death. It was really weird because I never had anyone close to me die before, so I wasn't real sure how to feel. I felt sad at not getting to see her that Friday night. I thought for the longest time, "Why did I have to work that night?" I still can't remember the last thing I said to her :-(

I moved out of my parents' house in March of '97, which was about 7 months after Robin died. The first weekend I moved out, was when the visit happened. I had gone to bed, not expecting anything strange to occur, but oh man, what happened! lol...I was in bed asleep, and all the sudden, I hear laughter in my head. Well just before Robin died, she gave me a picture of her, with one of her bows. She was really into archery, and the picture was of her wearing some western clothes, and she was holding one of her bows. So I'm asleep, right, and the next thing I know, Robin is standing in front of me. It's weird because when you sleep, you're laying down, but there's no doubt that I was standing up (do you suppose this could have been astral projection?). As she's standing in front of me, she looks just like the picture she gave me - wearing western clothes, but she's not holding a bow. I can only see her from the waist up. I remember this really bright white light behind her, and her hair was sorta blowing in this slight breeze. It was weird because she looked so good, you know? I remember at the funeral, she didn't look very good at all. Her hair looked like crap, and that was so NOT her. She always did her hair and make-up, and she always looked really nice. So anyway (lol)...she's standing in front of me, and I can literally feel tears pouring down my face, and I feel so calm. I remember half chuckling, and I said, "You're real!" It's like, I had no doubt that she was right there with me, in that moment. After I said that, she too sorta chuckled and she was like, "Uh huh!" lol I have been told I said other things out loud that night, but I don't recall anything else I said except for one thing: I told her I loved her, and she said she loved me too. I think that's why she came back to see me...to tell me she loved me (as a friend, lol) and that everything was going to be ok. The next day, my roommates were like, "Who were you talking to last night?" I said, "Robin! Didn't you see her?" They hadn't seen anything! lol One of my roommates said, "I was going to get up and see who you were talking to, but something just told me to stay in bed, and not say anything."

Well that was my first brush with the paranormal, and I must say, it has totally changed the way I look at life and death.

Hope I didn't put you to sleep! lol  ;)

#2 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 12:37 PM

sorry about your friend. wow did you ever get any other signs from her

#3 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts
  • Interests:Civil War Reenacting, softball, and other things.

Posted 28 May 2004 - 02:09 PM

I'm sorry about your friend.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#4 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 07:19 PM

Thank you for sharing your story. The loss of a friend is always rough.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#5 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:26 PM

that was really wonderful that you got to see your friend again and you were able to tell each other how you felt. i was also lucky that way my best friend died in 3rd grade during open heart surgery.she came to see me a couple of days after her funeral and she told me how beautiful everything is on he otherside and that she would see me again when i crossed. it was a great experience something i wish everyone could experience in their lifetime.

#6 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:28 PM

My grandma visited me...13 years after her death.
Ashley Umstead"DEEP DOWN INSIDE WE ARE ALL SMART-ASSES--I JUST HAPPEN TO BE SHALLOW"

#7 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 08:59 PM

My grandma visited me...13 years after her death.

how can you tell ;D

#8 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:05 PM

well...I think it was her...the spirit said it was her and I looked up her picture in our almbum and it was her.

#9 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:07 PM

wow thats cool

#10 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:09 PM

Yah...but I think the boogey man isn't her...it feels bad but not evil.

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:41 PM

Scully,  in my belief system, the spirit world (hades, pergatory, or what have you) is right here.  Sometimes the veil is thin and we can communicate with our loved ones that passed.

My grandmother visited me the night of her death - about 10 hours before I received "the news" from my parents.  I haven't seen her since, but at times I feel her near.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#12 aumstead

aumstead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:43 PM

It freaks me out though...I am very jumpy

#13 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 28 May 2004 - 09:51 PM

I was also visited by a departed friend it really scared me at that time but now I wish I had said something else besides go away but it made me realize that there is something else besides this whatever it may be.

#14 shellas13

shellas13

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,626 posts

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:57 PM

What an amazing story, Scully...ty for sharing! Altho I am very sorry for your loss, these are the kinds of stories that make me smile...because it just proves once again to me that love is far stronger than death! ;D

#15 trudy_causey

trudy_causey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 805 posts

Posted 02 June 2004 - 08:36 PM

death can never conquer LOVE!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users