derek acorah

• Please log in to reply
45 replies to this topic

#31 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 12 October 2006 - 07:56 PM

I 'm not a skeptic .
I do know however It's not that easy to find ghosts!
If it was they wouldn't need fun houses to entertain they could just open up these buildings and let the unpaid ghosts scare the heck out of us.
We've always had fright nights in T.V. land and someone had the smarts to come up with this one when reality shows are so popular.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#32 charmed2916

charmed2916

• Pip
  • 7 posts
  • Interests:Stephen King<br />Reading about or hunting ghosts<br />Just about anything paranormal interests me.

Posted 16 October 2006 - 02:11 PM

i dont watch most haunted anymore, i used to watch before then it just seemed so "fake" so i stoped watching it - i dont care much for derek acorah either

Exactly -- used to watch faithfully but Derek got on my nerves -- none of his names were ever correct & his possessions were - well needing work.
[font=Franklin Gothic Medium]

#33 jenbrown

jenbrown

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,464 posts
  • Interests:Haunted anything, movies and Disney!

Posted 17 October 2006 - 02:01 AM

I love the show and I love Derek but I don't take any of it seriously. I look at their investigations kind of like teenage girls at a slumber party getting freaked out over nothing. Could there really be paranormal phenonena happening? Yes but...there is no real convincing evidence.

I do believe that Derek does have a gift. He couldn't have gotten that far without some sort of ability. I do think that he has gotten too big for his abilities and has to embellish alot more to make up for his lack of intuition. If you give the Most Haunted Team total lack of credit for anything they are doing then you should also go on the GV boards and accuse everyone who claims a paranormal experience or who has posted a ghost pic of fakery.

Kieran at the end of each show actually tells people don't believe everything you see but he too has experienced things on the show. He's the Yin to Yvettes Yang (everything is a ghost!) I still find the show fun to watch and I'll keep watching even though I can explain half of what they are experiencing as natural phenomena.
"Serpents and spiders, tail of a rat. Call in the spirits, wherever they’re at!Rap on a table, it’s time to respond. Send us a message from somewhere beyond!Goblins and ghoulies from last Halloween, awaken the spirits with your tambourine! Creepies and crawlies... toads in a pond! Let there be music from regions beyond.Wizards and witches, wherever you dwell – give us a hint by ringing a bell!" Madame Leota

#34 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:54 AM

Finally I know what all this hype is about! We never had the Travel Channel, so I could never watch Most Haunted. But, now we have this Comcast Digital Cable with On Demand, which is pretty cool. I was looking through there to see what kinds of things there were and we can actually get The Travel Channel On Demand, and there's quite a few episodes of Most Haunted! I was so excited! But like I said, now I know what everybody is talking about. Derek is quite a character. Definitely him being possessed in about every episode is a little ridiculous. I really like how when Derek or David are doing a reading of a place they put on the bottom of the screen if what they're saying matches actual facts or not. I'm not surprised to find out that he was "outed" for being fake. He's WAY over the top! As far as the rest of the show, it's pretty interesting, I think. I really liked the episodes where they revisited Lower Well Head farm and Pendel (sp?) Hill, with the Pendel Witches. That's all quite interesting with or without the MH investigation. I guess the show can't be taken entirely serious, but it's still worth watching, at least to find out about these cool places they visit! :clap:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#35 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 24 October 2006 - 10:01 AM

Finally I know what all this hype is about! We never had the Travel Channel, so I could never watch Most Haunted. But, now we have this Comcast Digital Cable with On Demand, which is pretty cool. I was looking through there to see what kinds of things there were and we can actually get The Travel Channel On Demand, and there's quite a few episodes of Most Haunted! I was so excited! But like I said, now I know what everybody is talking about. Derek is quite a character. Definitely him being possessed in about every episode is a little ridiculous. I really like how when Derek or David are doing a reading of a place they put on the bottom of the screen if what they're saying matches actual facts or not. I'm not surprised to find out that he was "outed" for being fake. He's WAY over the top! As far as the rest of the show, it's pretty interesting, I think. I really liked the episodes where they revisited Lower Well Head farm and Pendel (sp?) Hill, with the Pendel Witches. That's all quite interesting with or without the MH investigation. I guess the show can't be taken entirely serious, but it's still worth watching, at least to find out about these cool places they visit! :clap:

I have Comcast on Demand also...I had no idea there was Travel Channel on Demand...thank you for the eye-opener!!!! I went through a McDonalds the other day and could've sworn I saw Derek making my kids' Happy Meals! I dunno, I could be wrong, but I doubt it! :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#36 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 24 October 2006 - 11:57 AM

Yeah, Comcast On Demand is pretty cool. If I hadn't had the time to sit there and dig through all the choices I never would of found that we could get The Travel Channel On Demand. There's also an episode On Demand, which was probably aired on The Travel Channel at some point also, that's "Most Haunted's Top Ten Possessions". It was the last one I watched because the possessions seemed so hokey anyways. I made it from # 10 until, I think, #6 before I had enough. All the possessions are so unrealistic to me. Seeing an entire 46 minute episode of one after the other is a bit much! LOL! :Spaz: I really do like David Wells though. He seems much more calm and less theatrical than Derek about the whole thing. :Spaz:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#37 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 07:53 PM

Ummm Derek, now that the McRibs are back...I'll take 2 please, a large order of fries and oh yes, a large diet Pepsi! LOL!!!! <---just kidding...I know, I know...

Did anyone watch the Most Haunted Live last night? The 2 guys that were cut & scratched really got to me! Very scary to see the blood actually starting to come out of the cuts to that guys back!!!! And then the ankle of the mic-guy!!! I guess you could e-mail responses to anything you saw on their web-cams, and alot saw a dog-like figure right before these 2 gentlemen were "attacked". WOW!!! :devil:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#38 WalksWithDeath

WalksWithDeath

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:45 PM

i love the show
watch it every week
i don't take it serious it's like going to the circus every week to see what the clowns will do next

#39 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 31 October 2006 - 09:55 PM

I've been watching it every night this week. Last night was freaky
Posted ImagePosted Image

#40 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 06:03 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm an old friend who left the scene over a year ago now and have decided to slink back in and quietly work my way back into GhostVillage society. :weeee:

Anyway, I found this thread and had to respond because Most Haunted is one of my favourite programmes. I watch it mainly because everywhere they go - with the exception of the few episodes they filmed here in the US - the location is pretty old. And I watch because I am entertained by Derek's antics.

I think the show itself is not fake, just Derek, as most everyone here seems to think. I think that if every single supernatural event was investigated by so-called professional ghost hunters, then the paranormal would become overly scientific, clinical and rather boring. I think the realm of supernatural exploration needs to have a balance of professionals as well as ordinary people investigating. I think the Most Haunted team represent the ordinary people who investigate the supernatural. With the exception of the parapsychologists and the psychics (excluding Derek of course) none of them really has a lot of experience other than what they've developed over the years. Also, I think that after 7 years everything they've gone through can be chalked up to experience of one sort or another.

Of course every single thing that happens on there can be faked. So can the vast majority of photos taken by most people in an allegedly haunted location. As always it's up to the individual to decide whether or not to believe. I have photos of what I believe are ghosts. Most people I show them to agree with me, but if they didn't, I wouldn't care. It is enough for me that I believe.

If you notice at the end of every episode, Yvette asks the question of whether or not the location is haunted and leaves it up to the viewer to decide.

I've kept a list of the location of all of the episodes I have seen thus far because next summer I am moving to England and as finances allow, I plan on visiting all of the places I can to see for myself.

Edited by RowanG, 01 November 2006 - 06:05 PM.

#41 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 01 November 2006 - 07:52 PM

Welcome back to GV, Rowan. Hope to hear more from you and to see your pictures and hopefully hear about your experiences in the locations you will visit in England.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#42 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 01 November 2006 - 09:51 PM

Greetings Raven,

It's nice to be back and see familiar names still around like Vampchick and DukeofBoogie. :weeee:

There is one thing I forgot to mention: my disappointment with this year's Most Haunted Live! For being in a city that is said to be the most haunted in Europe, their focus was far too narrow. Granted the vaults beneath the city are reported to be haunted, but there are other locations they could have and should have investigated. Like Greyfriar's Cemetary.

#43 Light Worker

Light Worker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I am a psychic medium and find all facets of the supernatural world fascinating. I have obtained a few good evp's in my day and been a paranormal investigator mostly from the standpoint of a Medium's point of view. I am currently exploring Paganism as I am considering changing my religion.<br /> I like to oil pant landscapes, sew, and have a passion for cooking, which I do frequently. I have three, grown, awesome children who all live around me.

Posted 05 November 2008 - 02:55 PM

i dont watch most haunted anymore, i used to watch before then it just seemed so "fake" so i stoped watching it - i dont care much for derek acorah either

Exactly -- used to watch faithfully but Derek got on my nerves -- none of his names were ever correct & his possessions were - well needing work.

Sorry. Difference of opinion here!...I think Derek Acorah is a wonderful Medium! Yes, he's a bit "over the top" and because of this his health may suffer, but that is his choice. When you are channeling information from the other side you can't always be 100 percent...it's the nature of the business. So if he doesn't get EVERY name correct so what? I think overall he does a good assesment of what is going on in the area they are working with. My only concern for him is that he gets "so far" into it that he jeopardizes his health and well being. He did a wonderful job when a television crew was with him at the Sphinx one evening. I think many of you have extremely high expectations which couldn't be met by ANYONE! Light Worker

#44 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 05 November 2008 - 03:28 PM

Sorry Light Worker, but after watching the man over the years on MH, and giving him a second chance with his Ghost Towns show, all I have to say is....he is not a genuine medium. There are other mediums on television and not on television whom I think are genuine, but not him. I have long gotten the impression of play acting from him.

And if I'm wrong, then the only explanation I have is that someone on the other side is messing with his head. See his bit about Richard Lionheart on one MH episode.

9th century my Canuck behind. Every English schoolchild knows the dates for Richard the Lionheart. And Acorah is English. He should have KNOWN that.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#45 Light Worker

Light Worker

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Interests:I am a psychic medium and find all facets of the supernatural world fascinating. I have obtained a few good evp's in my day and been a paranormal investigator mostly from the standpoint of a Medium's point of view. I am currently exploring Paganism as I am considering changing my religion.<br /> I like to oil pant landscapes, sew, and have a passion for cooking, which I do frequently. I have three, grown, awesome children who all live around me.

Posted 06 November 2008 - 07:04 AM

Sorry Light Worker, but after watching the man over the years on MH, and giving him a second chance with his Ghost Towns show, all I have to say is....he is not a genuine medium. There are other mediums on television and not on television whom I think are genuine, but not him. I have long gotten the impression of play acting from him.

And if I'm wrong, then the only explanation I have is that someone on the other side is messing with his head. See his bit about Richard Lionheart on one MH episode.

9th century my Canuck behind. Every English schoolchild knows the dates for Richard the Lionheart. And Acorah is English. He should have KNOWN that.

VampChick Looks like perhaps I'd better take a second look at him and his abilities! I may have missed something here.....Light Worker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users