Free Skins
© Fisana

Photo

Buxton Inn - Granville, Ohio

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#16 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 16 June 2006 - 03:15 PM

Sounds cool Dave. Can't wait to see it. If you guys know any cool stuff (tours museums etc.) to do down there, let me know. I'm not finding a whole lot on the internet. Thanks.

Duke, there 2 museums in the town of Granville. We did'nt get a chance to check them out, but there were alot of people walking up to them. Duke, I strongly recommend going there for your ann.. It is just a gorgeous town. Stay at the Buxton Inn!! The people there are so friendly and kind. The food is great also. Whatever you do, don't go across the street to eat. Very very expensive. The prices are moderate to stay at the Inn. They don't raise there rates during the peak season. I can't remember what suite we stayed in, but the room sure was ugly. The best part was IT's HAUNTED! I think they called it the Rasberry room. Julie would know. It has 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. It is very nice. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#17 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 08:29 AM

The Buxton didn't have an opening on the day I wanted. Can you beleive that? They got like 25 rooms, all booked! I could have changed things around, but instead I did some searching. I found a lovely B&B in Cambridge Ohio called The Colonel Taylor Inn Bed and Breakfast. It's a bit more expensive but It's a beautiful old Victorian house. And of Course it's reputed to be haunted. I booked the Rose Room. Check it on the website. Were going October 4th. Of course I'll fill you all in on what happens.

http://www.coltaylorinnbb.com/

We'll have to save the Buxton Inn for another time.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 03 August 2006 - 08:29 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#18 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 03 August 2006 - 09:11 AM

~Have a great time, Duke!! I hope you can catch something!! :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#19 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 20 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

We are hoping to plan a trip there for Labor Day weekend! Can't wait to visit Granville again, this time we are definately hitting the cemetery too!!
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#20 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 06:18 PM

Well Dave made reservations today, while we did ask for the Raspberry Suite again that we had last time, it was not availible, BUT room number 7 was YIPEE!!!!! Between 9 and 7 are suppose to be the most haunted rooms!! So, now I'm keeping my fingers crossed and praying my ex-mother in law can watch my girls, we booked that room for 2 nights. I can't wait for Sept. 1st to get here!! Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#21 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 21 August 2006 - 07:17 PM

That sounds like a great opportunity. Something I'd still love to do. I hope you have a great time!

#22 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 06:28 AM

Thanks Life! My ex-mother in law called last night and said she would be happy to take my daughters for the weekend!! YES!!! Lord knows, I could use a break, my 3 girls have been so rambunctious with excitement over school starting back up wednesday, they are driving me up a wall, haha! Anyways, one of the main reasons why we are planning on staying at the Buxton for two evenings is that there is another GV'er on here named catface who has asked us to investigate her home in Newark, Ohio and since they are right next door to each other this is the perfect oppurtunity to do both. I am very pleased about investigating the Buxton again and meeting catface, her family, and hoping to help her find the names of who haunts her home. I'll have to see if it's okay with her on posting our findings in her home or if she would like to do the honors. But we will keep everyone posted! Julie

#23 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 22 August 2006 - 03:33 PM

:) Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#24 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:56 PM

Hey Dave,

Did you and Julie ever post the video of the apparition you filmed at the Buxton Inn? I'd love to see it.

John Kachuba

#25 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 22 August 2006 - 08:59 PM

John, it's posted in the video dept. here on GV, under Buxton Inn and there is also a lighter version of it as well., we are estatic on going back there in two weeks!!! Julie

#26 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 24 August 2006 - 08:07 PM

Duh...right under my nose, it was. Thanks, Julie. Some great shots of orbs in the clip. I can't say that I saw an apparition, but the orbs were interesting enough.

John

#27 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 27 August 2006 - 07:59 PM

Well Dave made reservations today, while we did ask for the Raspberry Suite again that we had last time, it was not availible, BUT room number 7 was YIPEE!!!!! Between 9 and 7 are suppose to be the most haunted rooms!!

Oh, room 7 - you'll love it! I stayed in room 7 this spring. I wasn't able to do much hardcore ghosthunting as it was an anniversary celebration and my hubby has no interest in paranormal research. The silly man thought I should be paying attention to him instead! However, I did get one photo with a few light anamolies over the alcove bed, where I also kept getting dizzy. I had some experiential things happen, like smelling a strong sweet perfume by the desk, and feeling and hearing a cat purring beside my feet in the middle of the night. I also picked up on some strong psychic impressions in the oldest dining room and in the alcove. My sense is that a female traveler took ill and died in the alcove of room 7 sometime in the early years, maybe the 1820's or so.

The pioneer cemetery is likewise very cool. It's right by the main drag into town, though, so it's generally too noisy to get evps.

#28 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:52 AM

~Just 3 words, Julie & Dave...pics, pics, pics!!!!! I just can't wait to hear and see of what happened when you guys go!!! Happy Hunting!!!!!! <--did I mention I can't wait to see the pics?? :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#29 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:18 AM

Haha Laurie! How many cups have you had this morning? Are you sure you want to see the pictures this time...LOL!!! You know what I mean! Yeah, we are excited too, in addition Dave just bought a new piece of equipment that I think is going to prove very useful in both investigations. It's a mini- recording video cam (about the size of a zippo lighter) that has infrarred vision, you hook it up to a VCR and can monitor in all rooms. With the VHS tape you can record up to 8 hours, that will drive our brain nuts staring at a video taping for that long. We figured we would use that along with the other video camrecorder. We also just went and bought another analog tape recorder, so that way if Dave or I are on seperate floors we can both record or just leave one recording in a room by itself while we use the other. Yep cameras are set and loaded and ready to go. We just bought a huge pack of AA batteries, so we are not running to the store before we leave too. All other equipment is packed and ready to go too....can you tell we are just anxious to get out and investigate...love it!! I've still got research to work on though about the home we are doing saturday, so that will keep me busy this week. We will post any findings that we get. Julie

#30 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:48 PM

~Just 3 words, Julie & Dave...pics, pics, pics!!!!! I just can't wait to hear and see of what happened when you guys go!!! Happy Hunting!!!!!! <--did I mention I can't wait to see the pics?? :Spaz:

LAURIE, That would not be a problem! We will be using both 35mm and digital cameras. Evp will also be taken, which I prefer over pics, because there is no maxtrixing or some other ridiculous reason why it is not paranormal. The voices by spirits is what you hear and what you get!! Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users