Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Photo

Buxton Inn - Granville, Ohio

• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#31 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:47 PM

~Just in case you forgot...take lots of pics!!!

Julie...the coffee is still kickin'...and it's 8:48 at night!!!! LOL!!!

Edited by Laurie Ann, 28 August 2006 - 08:51 PM.

~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#32 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 04 September 2006 - 07:22 PM

Sad to write, all was very calm and peaceful. Nothing paranormal happend at all while we stayed there. The only thing that I experienced that might be paranormal was when Julie was fast asleep and I was sitting in a chair with my emf and taking random shots of the room. I decided to call it a night(1:35 a.m.) As I was laying in bed thinking what I did wrong that I couldn't bring out Bonnie to show herself, soon I heard someone walking outside of our room on the balcony. There are only 3 rooms in that area of the B&B. This person walked past our room 3 times in a matter of 30 minutes. After the first time that happend, I peaked out of the blinds and saw nobody. i didn't think much about it at that time. The second and third time got my suspicion rising. Again, nobody was present outside the balcony. I let Julie sleep. The next morning we went down for some grub and I asked the hostesss at the front desk if rooms 8 and 9 were occupied last night. She checked and told us that only 7 was taken. That was our room. I then asked her about the door that leads from inside to the outside. She told us that they lock that door to the outside at 11:00. I believe that this is might of been paranormal but then again it could of been some drunk trying to find his way home. We talked to other investigators that morning and they also had a very relaxing night. :ghost: Dave There was one more thing that I got in a pic. I got a very clear face that was present in the dog gone mirror. Julie even said nice capture. I hate those things that shine! LOL

Edited by damckie, 04 September 2006 - 07:24 PM.

Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#33 Lea Petsch

Lea Petsch

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:02 PM

Hello, I will be staying at the Buxton Inn in Granville Ohio in room number 9. I have heard it was haunted. Has anyone ever stayed there? What can you tell me about it? My husband and I also plan to go to Mansfield to the Ohio Reformatory, what can any one tell me about that. Please, I am interested in any and all information. Thanks! Happy Haunting! :whee:

#34 juliekimm

juliekimm

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:19 PM

Hi Lea. There are actually a couple of posts concerning The Buxton Inn. If you do a "search" you'll probably find just what you're looking for! Happy Hunting!

#35 Lea Petsch

Lea Petsch

• Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:24 PM

Hi Lea. There are actually a couple of posts concerning The Buxton Inn. If you do a "search" you'll probably find just what you're looking for! Happy Hunting!

Thank! :whee: I'll look right now!

#36 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,386 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 23 September 2006 - 10:52 PM

Hello Lea, I am moving this to Haunted Location board.

Welcome to GhostVillage.
Posted Image

#37 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 24 September 2006 - 06:05 AM

Welcome to GV Lea Petsch.

In the interest saving space I've merged Lea' topic into the exsisting Buxton Inn Thread. I hope you have a nice time there. Let us know what happens.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#38 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 06 October 2006 - 07:20 AM

These are some pictures of room 9, even though we did not stay there, the inkeepers, did let us in to get a feel for the room before the guests arrived.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
And here is the the fornt of the Buxton Inn
Posted Image
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#39 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 25 July 2007 - 05:55 AM

My wife and I will be spending a night at the Buxton Inn in September. We're celebrating our 6th anniversery a couple weeks early. With any luck a ghost or two will stop by to give us their best wishes.

Edited by DukeofBoogie, 25 July 2007 - 06:05 AM.

http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

#40 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 12:58 PM

Duke....how was your anniversary (Happy 6th, by the way!!)?? Did you enjoy the Buxton? What room/suite did you have...they are pretty big for the price you pay...what a sweet deal..eh? Did you like the courtyard and did you have any personal encounters? Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#41 ashleyxvicious

ashleyxvicious

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 06:53 AM

Hey, all!
I actually live close to Granville, and have stayed at the Buxton.
Unfortunately, our room was pretty boring. I guess there are only a couple rooms that are actually "haunted". They're part of the main building. I can't actually remember which ones they are, but I'm sure if you asked they'd tell you.
I guess they have pictures and such of "ghosts" that visitors have captured, but when we were there that area was already closed down for the night.
The Tavern in the basement, however, is one of the most active spots of the whole establishment.
I personally have heard knocking from the locked wine cellar, and felt just odd stuff...I can't explain it, but it's one of the only places I've been to and actually felt like something was there with me.

Hope this helps some, even though it's not much information.
Have fun!

Edited by ashleyxvicious, 11 October 2007 - 06:54 AM.

#42 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 08:59 AM

We got to investigate the tavern during the closing hours. It is very small, but very quaint! We had taken lots of photo's, ran the EMF, and video, but it was the cassette recording that picked up one EVP that was very faint, just a male whispering "Where's my gun?" It was not until the next afternoon that we had spoken with one of the hostesses' that had told us that the tavern was once used as a stop for the stagecoach and that area used to have dirt floors and travelers would stay overnight and sleep on the floors. Could we have picked up an EVP imprint in time of a man misplacing his gun....Dave and I both raised our eye brows when we heard what the hostess had to say. Julie

#43 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 06:51 AM

Duke....how was your anniversary (Happy 6th, by the way!!)?? Did you enjoy the Buxton? What room/suite did you have...they are pretty big for the price you pay...what a sweet deal..eh? Did you like the courtyard and did you have any personal encounters? Julie

Unfortunatly, we had to cancel. Our babysitting arrangment fell through. At least it wasn't last minute, so I wasn't out any money. Perhaps fate intervened. Maybe I was not meant to go there that week. I hope get to go there sooner or later.

#44 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts

Posted 16 January 2008 - 10:32 AM

We are going back again on Feb. 1st and 2nd!!! We are very excited to try out a new infrarred camera!! Hopefully we will capture something this time around to add to our site! Julie and Dave

#45 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:26 PM

Sounds like you had a great trip. I hope to take my team up there soon. If I can get a chance. I'll post back and let you know how it goes.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users