• Please log in to reply
71 replies to this topic

#46 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 23 January 2008 - 10:06 PM

For all of you planning on visiting the Buxton Inn, don't forget that right acorss the street from the inn is the Granville Inn. I wrote about its ghosts in my book Ghosthunting Ohio, but I'd love to hear what other people think about it.

John Kachuba

#47 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 24 January 2008 - 02:48 PM

For all of you planning on visiting the Buxton Inn, don't forget that right acorss the street from the inn is the Granville Inn. I wrote about its ghosts in my book Ghosthunting Ohio, but I'd love to hear what other people think about it.

John Kachuba

Thanks John I might have to check that out.

#48 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 24 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

John Kachuba

When ever we visit The Buxton Inn, we always make sure that we stop over at the Granville Inn. The thing that I don't care to much for is that they are trying to make this old Inn into a five star hotel. Why not leave as it once was? Money talks I guess. Julie and myself have never really felt anything while touring this old building, but we still like walk the halls and to take a look around. Now The Buxton Inn is a different story all by itself. We have reservations for the beginning of Feb. but Julies daughter is schedule to have surgery that day. Her daughter comes first and hope to stay there another weekend. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#49 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 27 January 2008 - 08:41 PM

We are still going this weekend. Julies daughter will be having surgery tomorrow and Julie will need this weekend to recoupe. We will be pulling out all stops on this visit to The Buxton Inn. I'll probaby will drive Julie nuts on this hunt. :ghost: I never stop!! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#50 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 10:12 AM

Getting ready to head down to Julies to pick her and make our way to The Buxton Inn. Hopefully we can capture something good at the Inn to share with all of you. We are staying two nights in a haunted suite at the Inn. We will update you all if we capture :whee: something worth while to post here on Gv. Of course there will be no orb(dustys) photos on this sight from us, LOL!! Thanks! Dave

#51 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 February 2008 - 03:13 PM

Good Luck, can't wait to see the results.

#52 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 05 February 2008 - 04:19 PM

All was quite while staying at the Inn. But we were lucky enough to be able to spend some time with the owner. What a great guy! We chitt- chatted for some time out in the cold. He gave us some more information about the Inn that we never knew of. He is a very wise individual and overly friendly!! He made the trip well worth it! We will be going back soon and hopefully we will capture some of the famous ghosts that reside at the Inn. I would highly recommend this fabulous Inn for its splendid hospitality and its ghosts! Dave

Edited by damckie, 05 February 2008 - 04:21 PM.

#53 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 09 February 2008 - 12:53 PM

Sorry you didn't catch anything but glad you had a good time Dave. Better Luck next time!

#54 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2008 - 08:55 PM

Sorry you didn't catch anything but glad you had a good time Dave. Better Luck next time!

There will always be a next time. We just love staying at the Inn. So much to do! Hopefully next time we will have the luck on our side. Dave

#55 Gene at bsphi

Gene at bsphi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:32 PM

John Kachuba

We have contacted the Buxton a couple of times and have not been able to have anyone call us back. But we will keep trying.'n

#56 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:58 PM

John Kachuba

We have contacted the Buxton a couple of times and have not been able to have anyone call us back. But we will keep trying.'n

Are you referring to the Buxton or the Granville Inn? If you call the Buxton during the daytime, I do not see why they would not return your phone call...they have always been very polite and responsible in their responses. Are you asking for a certain answer or for a certain person to return your call?
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#57 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 06:40 PM

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found that their psychic abilities get amped up at the Buxton Inn? I have some moderate mediumistic abilities, but nothing to brag about. However, when I went to the Buxton Inn last week, the information was flowing like mad. I was picking up on things with a degree of clarity and detail that I've never experienced before. And we were just there for dinner. LOL! The previous time I was there, I was picking up on more information than usual, too, but nothing like this.

In particular, there was a blonde, grey-eyed young woman in a yellow dress and bonnet from the early 1820's and her brother wearing a top hat in the main dining room and a strong sense of it raining hard even though it was nice outside. Granted it was in my mind's eye, but it was so clear it was almost like time traveling.

#58 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 08:40 PM

Just out of curiosity, has anyone found that their psychic abilities get amped up at the Buxton Inn? I have some moderate mediumistic abilities, but nothing to brag about. However, when I went to the Buxton Inn last week, the information was flowing like mad. I was picking up on things with a degree of clarity and detail that I've never experienced before. And we were just there for dinner. LOL! The previous time I was there, I was picking up on more information than usual, too, but nothing like this.

In particular, there was a blonde, grey-eyed young woman in a yellow dress and bonnet from the early 1820's and her brother wearing a top hat in the main dining room and a strong sense of it raining hard even though it was nice outside. Granted it was in my mind's eye, but it was so clear it was almost like time traveling.

Was these spirits on your mind as you entered the Inn? The owner has told us that there are many spirits that haunt the Inn, but they can only indentify 5 spirits. You should stay for an evening and see what you might pick up. Did you dine down in the tavern? That is a very hot spot for them to hang. How was dinner? Dave

#59 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 05:30 AM

I was hoping to pick up on something, but I wouldn't say that the spirits were on my mind as I came in. Dinner was! The food there is excellent. We really lucked out this time, as we were there late on a Sunday afternoon and had the whole dining room to ourselves. It seems that most of their customer prefer the greenhouse dining room a couple rooms away.

I did stay there overnight a couple of years ago. When I was in the main dining room that time, I felt the presence of an arrogant man in a green coat from the 1840's, who was also around this time, as well. I talked to him a little this time, but he was a bit drunk. Months later, an old employee of the Buxton Inn confirmed that other people had reported seeing him, too. I stayed in room 7. Instead of experiencing the old owner, what I picked up on was the death of a young woman in the alcove where they had a second bed. There were some light anomalies showing up in pictures I took of that area. She died of some sort of fever there while on route to someplace else. That seemed to be the same as the lady in yellow I saw this time around. I also woke up in the middle of the night to hear a loud purring and a weight equal to the average cat on my shins. I do want to get back for another overnighter as time and money allows. Right now I'm working a second job on the weekends (at another haunted place!), so it's hard to find time for that.

I didn't have time to get to the tavern on the overnight trip since we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, not just investigate. I have been there before, though. Unfortunately, when I was there it was so busy that it was hard to tune in with all the extra energy around.

#60 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 01 April 2008 - 02:54 PM

I was hoping to pick up on something, but I wouldn't say that the spirits were on my mind as I came in. Dinner was! The food there is excellent. We really lucked out this time, as we were there late on a Sunday afternoon and had the whole dining room to ourselves. It seems that most of their customer prefer the greenhouse dining room a couple rooms away.

I did stay there overnight a couple of years ago. When I was in the main dining room that time, I felt the presence of an arrogant man in a green coat from the 1840's, who was also around this time, as well. I talked to him a little this time, but he was a bit drunk. Months later, an old employee of the Buxton Inn confirmed that other people had reported seeing him, too. I stayed in room 7. Instead of experiencing the old owner, what I picked up on was the death of a young woman in the alcove where they had a second bed. There were some light anomalies showing up in pictures I took of that area. She died of some sort of fever there while on route to someplace else. That seemed to be the same as the lady in yellow I saw this time around. I also woke up in the middle of the night to hear a loud purring and a weight equal to the average cat on my shins. I do want to get back for another overnighter as time and money allows. Right now I'm working a second job on the weekends (at another haunted place!), so it's hard to find time for that.

I didn't have time to get to the tavern on the overnight trip since we were there to celebrate our wedding anniversary, not just investigate. I have been there before, though. Unfortunately, when I was there it was so busy that it was hard to tune in with all the extra energy around.

Did you know that the Inn is haunted by a cat? I am so surprised that we have not run into this ghostly cat yet. Julie simply loves cats. If you decide to head back to the Inn, I would recommend staying in the Rasberry Suite or room #9. Those two rooms are our favorite. When you stayed in room 7, did you by any chance hear someone walking outside on the catwalk lat at night? As if someone was walking with boots on? I heard that one late night while trying to get some shut eye. Julie was sound asleep and didn't move a muscle when this "person" walked past our room. I, of course, opened up the door to the outside and didn't see anybody who could of made the noices by walking. A very interesting place to say the least!! Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users