71 replies to this topic

#61 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts
  • Interests:Everything Paranormal

Posted 11 April 2008 - 02:28 PM

Sounds like some bone chilling experiences. Can't wait to check it out myself.

#62 AbbeyGal

AbbeyGal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 08:50 PM

Did you know that the Inn is haunted by a cat? I am so surprised that we have not run into this ghostly cat yet. Julie simply loves cats. If you decide to head back to the Inn, I would recommend staying in the Rasberry Suite or room #9. Those two rooms are our favorite. When you stayed in room 7, did you by any chance hear someone walking outside on the catwalk lat at night? As if someone was walking with boots on? I heard that one late night while trying to get some shut eye. Julie was sound asleep and didn't move a muscle when this "person" walked past our room. I, of course, opened up the door to the outside and didn't see anybody who could of made the noices by walking. A very interesting place to say the least!! Dave

I didn't hear anyone walking around, aside from the ladies in the next room. However, I did wake up in the middle of the night to hear purring while feeling a weight similar to a cat on my shins. That lasted for about 5 minutes. I didn't move a muscle to try to see what was there for fear of disrupting it. The weight could possibly have been the comforter and blankets getting bunched up towards the end of the bed, but I could not find anything to debunk the purring noise.

#63 jkachuba

jkachuba

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 03 May 2008 - 07:50 PM

While the Buxton Inn is a well-known haunted location, I want to put a plug in (again) for one of my favorite haunted places. It's the Granville Inn, rght across the street from the Buxton. I visited it and wrote about it in my book Ghosthuting Ohio. I'd love to hear from anyone who goes there.

John Kachuba

#64 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 04 May 2008 - 06:46 PM

Hi John, I don't mind helping you out putting a plug in for the Grannville Inn. It is a very beautiful, stately Inn/Hotel with its grand architechture and the lawn is very well kept. It's huge and immaculitely kept on the inside and the original woodwork is very impressive. There is only two items that I did not care for that a couple years back when they decided to renovate the Inn they changed it into a 5 star Hotel with the fine dining and the whole works, not only did that raise the price of the rooms but the price of the food as well. It also seemed to raise the snootiness in the employees attitudes. As much as you advertised about the hauntings in your book, when Dave and I mentioned this and asked around, we were told that there was no hauntings by some of the staff. I do believe everything that you wrote, they said that the security gaurd who showed you around and spoke with was no longer employed there. So, between the price and hospitality....I prefer the Buxton any day. Mr. Orr (owner of the Buxton) cares about each and every visitor. He takes time out of every visit just to talk with Dave and I. Last time I think we we talked non stop with him for over two hours. Price is great, rooms are huge and the staff will assist with anything you need right away. But I did see your books selling in the Grannville, John...get your butt over to the Buxton, I would like to read what you have to say about the Buxton over what Chris Woodyard has written. Yes, I do own GhostHunting Ohio...I will take a pic of me reading your book sometime. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#65 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 26 January 2009 - 03:34 PM

After talking with Julie this weekend, we decided to scrap our mini vacation to Antitiam Maryland. Only because of the cold and the snow. So we are now going to spend two nights at The Buxton Inn. Friday night we will be staying in room 11. This room is considered to be the most active. The second night we are staying in the Raspberry Sweet. The owners say this room is not haunted but we beg to differ. We have stayed in this room several times and picked up many EVP and interesting video coverage. We will all let you know if the :ghost: come out to play this weekend. Thanks! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#66 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 01 February 2009 - 11:34 PM

Good luck and happy Hunting Dave

#67 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 02 February 2009 - 07:48 AM

All was pretty quiet at the inn this weekend, but we had a wonderful time (THANK YOU HONEY!!) We stayed the first night in room #9, which a former innkeeper actually passed away in, not much activity except when the phone rang in the room...it was just so quiet and Dave was standing right in front of the video camera looking at his LCD screen in his hands, when out of the blue the rang...well it was sooooo unexpceted that it startled Dave....it was so funny to watch him jump a little on camera that we played back thet video at least 5 times, while wiping tears from our eyes because we were laughing so hard....it takes alot to rattle Dave, but seeing something as the phone ringing was just tooooo funny. Anyways, we spoke to a great couple who took room 9 on saturday, the wife stated that she actually saw her toothbrush being flung across the sink. After talking with the owners he said that's nor uncommon in that room, sometimes Bonnie, the former deceased inkeeper, just does not like where things get placed. On saturday we stayed in the rasperry suite (Love that room, even if we have yet to pick up activity) so we set up two infarred video cameras to run overnight in the inn. One in tha ball room the other in the downstairs bar, or as they call it the Vick) Dave has those tapes to finish watching yet, but he said the cam that was set up in the vick, you can make out some audioable EVP, so as soon as we deduce that tape it might be worth posting. All in all we had a fabulous time, Mr. Orr, the owner is such a wonderful owner and we had a great time speaking with him and getting caught up on the latest activity from his stories. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#68 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 05 February 2009 - 08:58 PM

Good luck and happy Hunting Dave

Luck was on our side!! Our work will be posted soon! Much more footage to go over. We did capture a few EVP that will have many of you scratching your head. This type of EVP capture is new to Julie and myself. I believe this type of EVP has never been recorded, not until now. I will explain in full detail later. Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#69 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:38 PM

Julie and myself are heading back down to the Inn this Fri. for another visit is room #9. We will keep you posted on this investigation. Wish us luck! Dave

#70 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Cant wait to here what you find Dave.

#71 damckie

damckie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts

Posted 08 April 2009 - 09:56 PM

Go to the EVP section. A very active night for audio! The best is being able to listen on what they have to say. Dave

#72 ekpi_ghost_hunters

ekpi_ghost_hunters

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 112 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 10:57 AM

Go to the EVP section. A very active night for audio! The best is being able to listen on what they have to say. Dave

Wow! Thats all i can say.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users