Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Cat walking on my bed?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 18 June 2003 - 11:07 AM

hey everyone,
      i have for cats and i love em all very much...but there is cleo who is always in my room and sleeping on my bed and all...so anyway...the other day, cleo was on the floor of my bed, and i laid down on my bed and put the pillow over my head.
then i felt a cat walking on my bed...i went to pet her and there was nothing there. cleo was still sitting on the floor in the same spot. i just felt it again while i was playing video games and listening to my gc cd.
what do ya think?

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 21 June 2003 - 02:05 AM

cats
cats
cats...
they are ALL Around...

Boy, cutiecoos :-*
Posted Image

#3 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:25 AM

After my last cat died I still saw her around the house and would occasionally feel her get up on the bed.  My other cat would see her too because when ever I caught a glimpse of the dead cat he'd take off in that direction like he was going after her and then he'd come back to me as if to say, "Where'd she go?"

Ericka

#4 Jeff Belanger

Jeff Belanger

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 07:29 AM

This sounds almost exactly like another encounter that was sent to me a few months ago regarding a ghostly cat on a bed. Read the encounter in this column:

http://www.ghostvill..._03082003.shtml
Have you read these books?
Posted Image
There will be a quiz...

#5 eulac

eulac

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 09:30 AM

I definitely believe that animals have spirits.  Look into their eyes, there's a spirit in there and you can see it.

I once lived in an apartment where I would always see a dark colored cat out of the corner of my eye.  It drove me nuts because I could never see it straight on.  And I knew it was a ghost because I didn't have any cats during that period of my life.

Ericka

#6 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 03:37 PM

I definitely believe that animals have spirits.  What else can account for their vast differences in personality?  They think and feel just like any other living creature.  

I had adopted a cat several years ago from an animal shelter, who wound up dying of a respiratory virus that he had contracted from the shelter.  For months after that, we would sometimes catch a glimpse of red fur out the corner of our eyes or feel something warm curled up on our bed.  (We had no other animals at this time.)  When we finally decided to get another pet, we would catch him at night frolicking with something that wasn't there.  I'm pretty sure it was our deceased feline.  

I've also had friends tell me similar stories about their pets playing with "invisible furry friends".  Who knows?  If people can come back to where they were happy, why can't animals?

• Guests

Posted 01 July 2003 - 11:20 AM

We have had the experience of a phantom cat jumping on the bed, mewing and curling up at the bottom of the bed, when our own cat was outside. This has happened on about three occasions since we no longer own a cat!

#8 MsPms

MsPms

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 July 2003 - 03:35 PM

I've felt this too at a time I had no cat. Very strange feeling! It felt exactly as if it were a cat jumping onto the bed too.
this is a little off the subject but... 2 years ago i lost my loved cat. I was missing him badly. I would lay in bed with my hand under my head and my elbow out flat on the bed and that cat would jump up and lay down next to me and put his head on my elbow. No other cat that i had ever had would do that. I missed that most about him.
Anyways, a 'gifted' friend of mine said that this particular cat would return to me...
Last week, my sisters friend had found some wild kittens across the street from their home. We went over to try and catch some and this one little guy came up and let my neice hold him. All the others were running around, unholdable.
I brought him home with us that night. I fell instantly in love. Guess what he did...
Yup, he jumped up on my waterbed and laid with me just as my other cat had done.
awwwww  ;)
So, do animals have souls? I think so. Do they miss us just as badly as we miss them? I think so. I think they would come and visit us just as anyone else would. :)
Posted Image

#9 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 06 July 2003 - 05:01 PM

I am convinced that my dogs have a soul.  You can see them dreaming when they are asleep (they twitch, move legs, show their teeth).  I believe that dreaming is a function of the soul.

Cats?...............ehhhhh..................maybe them too.

I did see a black cat running past when I was investigationg Soop cemetery.  It disappeared so fast I was confused as to where it went............The interesting thing was that my wife was in the motel 6 that night.  She heard a cat meow and felt something with weight jump on the bed.  Nothing was there-at least that she could see *LOL*.  

Interesting that I had told the spirits in the cemetery that they had to do better than that to spook me (several incidents happened including the disappearing cat).  Coincidence?  I don't know, but Sharon won't come with me on a hunt anymore (even to stay in the motels). ;D
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#10 mjking4ever

mjking4ever

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 13 August 2003 - 06:52 PM

;) I have had several times in my life when I would feel a cat walking on the bed  ( by the way that is an unmistakable feeling ) :D  After my mom had to put her 20 year old dog "Pepper" to sleep. I saw her spirit out of the corner of my eye all the time ( usually laying in her doggy bed ). So yes I definately believe animals have spirits just as humans do.  :) ;) :D 8) :-*
mjking4everPeace + Love = Happiness

#11 Pink_Pear

Pink_Pear

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts

Posted 21 August 2003 - 03:45 PM

Flyingorb-

Cats definately dream.  It looks very much like dog dreaming.  I've even seen mine go into REMs.  

I volunteer at a wildlife center, a place where people bring in all sorts of sick and/or injured wild animals.  I don't get to spend a whole lot of time just observing-there are never enough volunteers so we keep really busy.  However, I have seen sleeping squirrels display dream-like behavior.  It looks very much like the twitching that a dreaming cat or dog does.

#12 DWArmstrong

DWArmstrong

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:04 AM

You guys need to check out another very similar post to this one (if you haven't already).  It's under:

General Board/Ghost Cat

#13 toproddj

toproddj

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2003 - 07:07 AM

I can't believe I'm not the only one who expierenced this sensation. I have 1 cat and her name is Spooky. We call her that because we got her 1 week before holloween. She's not all black but has a lot of white on her. I work midnight's for the railroad so when I go to bed usually around 3pm I always shut the door to block out the noises from my wife and daughter. It seems like it always happens about 10 mins. after laying there that I can feel the cat jump and land on the bed. Then I actually feel her walking on the blankets covering my legs. I'm thinking I locked her in the room when I went to bed but when I look and I do it real fast because it freaks me out there's nothing there. This happened on numerous occasions and when I get up to check the cats always in the other room. It's a weird feeling but it's all harmless and I just find it A little unnerving at times...

#14 CastleBee

CastleBee

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 244 posts
  • Interests:Animals, Art, Photography, Traveling, Reading, and Gardening.

Posted 31 October 2003 - 10:04 AM

My cat Megan lived to be 19 years old so we both had a very long time to get very use to each others habits and quirks. Several times after she died I felt her jump up on the end of my bed in the exact same spot she always had.

Prior to Megan's death another one of my cats was hit by a car in front of my house. For a long time every now and then I would still feel the pressure of his feet on the matress as he walked behind my pillows in the same way he did in life to remind me it was getting late and he wanted his breakfast.

My sister and I have also both felt our beds being bumped in the night by each of our dogs after they passed on.

I've always believed animals had spirits.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated."- Ghandi, In Philosophy

#15 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 06:38 PM

Have experienced cat visitations too.Have also been visted by my dog! I find it comforting.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users