• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 05 March 2004 - 08:19 PM

I definatly have esperience with cats coming back... if I get motivated enough, I'll make a separate post.... did you have a cat before you were clsoe to, and that had died, or the previous owner?

#17 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 06 March 2004 - 02:20 PM

Yes,several.

#18 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:35 AM

hmm... do you get any particular vibes from it? familiar vibes, that you might be able to identify it as one of your former kitties?

#19 Ravenwood

Ravenwood

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 07 March 2004 - 10:57 AM

Yes.I can identify them as having been ours(my families pets.).---All animals have their own unique personalities and our pets were/are no exception.Maddison(aka.the white peril/Queen BAD_WORD.)was very demonstrative(pushy too),but very loving.
They like to visit my Grandmother alot more.
I think Gram's awareness is stronger.

#20 Grantra

Grantra

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:15 AM

My Aunt and Uncle in Florida had the ghost of a cat that died of starvation in that house after the previous owner died of cancer and wasn't found for weeks. You could feel it walking on your bed just like CleoCat described. You would see it flsh out of the corner of your eye especially out on the patio by the swimming pool. It was a very friendly presence.

#21 Ectoplazzum

Ectoplazzum

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 215 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 11:53 AM

My Aunt and Uncle in Florida had the ghost of a cat that died of starvation in that house after the previous owner died of cancer and wasn't found for weeks. You could feel it walking on your bed just like CleoCat described. You would see it flsh out of the corner of your eye especially out on the patio by the swimming pool. It was a very friendly presence.

This exact type of thing was what originally alerted us to the presence of Mr. Washington.   :)

Before we ever had any other paranormal goings-on, it all began when I was laying on the bed trying to nap one afternoon, and felt a cat jump onto the mattress and walk across.  Since we have four cats (well, we only had 2 at the time) I figured it was one of them.  It was daylight, it wasn't dark in the room, and I picked my head up and looked behind me to see which cat had jumped up with me, and there was nobody there.  I knew I hadn't felt it jump down, but I looked over the sides of the bed to see if there was a cat on the floor, just to prove to myself that I wasn't cracking up.  Nothing.

I got up and went into the living room, and there, cuddled under a pile of bed clothes that needed to be washed that had been tossed onto the couch earlier in the morning, were Ralphie and Eugene.  They had both been sleeping there since earlier in the morning when I had put the stuff there so I'd remember to wash it that day.  

I told my hubby about it, and he said to me, "Y'know, I have felt that a few times and when I looked, neither one of the boys was in the room, but I didn't say anything to you because I was afraid you'd make fun of me."  

After that, we started seeing other things that we felt had to be a cat or cats.  There is a small shadow that cavorts through the house, particularly when our cats have just been playing.  It has a bouncy gait and even though it's very shadowy, there is no mistaking when you see it.

About a month ago I was sitting at my computer one Saturday morning, and I saw a very light gray/white cat run out from under my computer desk and dart into a corner behind a chest of drawers we have.  My first thought was that a stray from the neighborhood had gotten in, and since the chest of drawers butts right up against the wall and there is about a two foot space between the chest and the wall where it meets the corner of the room, there was noplace for the cat to go but there.  There's a cat bed in that corner, that's it.  I rolled over to have a look-see, and there was nothing there.  Then suddenly a white shadow skittered out from the corner and disappeared.  It was only after I sat and thought about it for a moment that it dawned on me that the shadow was transparent.  

I have taken loads of pictures of my cats, and in probably 80% of them, there is this ever-present, small, VERY bright orb that appears to be vibrating.  All I can figure is that this is the energy of the cat I saw, and it had managed to materialize into an actual apparition on the morning in question.  

Elle

#22 Yosei

Yosei

Thinks bats and skeletons are.....CUTE?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,560 posts

Posted 29 April 2004 - 12:03 PM

Ghost kitties are cool...I have at least one, possibly two in my house.  I once watched one for over a minute sitting in a beam of moonlight purring the way live cats do in the sun.  So cute!
"I could die a thousand times, but I'll always be here..."---Rozz Williams"It's not the sound of a new generation, it is the noise of a degenerate nation...the Nightmare of the American Dream..."---DomianaNeed gifts for goths? Handmade jewelry, clothing, porcelain & more! http://www.accentuateyourlook.com

#23 bardo

bardo

Would like to sit on the clouds and watch the world

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,061 posts
  • Interests:the world here and beyond...lol anything ghosty I don't watch very much tv but when i do it's shows like supernatural.<br />I love music ....going to concerts.....groups like the dropkickmurphys,floggingmollies,pogues, some old stuff like the clash and joe strummer. I just saw Bob Dylan and The Who .<br />I like just about anything but country I do love Johnny cash though!<br />I love walking my dogs and getting outside as much as possible .<br />I plan on living until I'm at least 150 .

Posted 02 May 2004 - 10:48 AM

I moved last year and couldn't take my seven year old cat with me . I found her a home and I missed her very much,still do .For quite a long time I experienced the same things a the other postings.I worried that she had died somehow and she had come back to visit.She was only around for awhile and then the visits stopped.
Posted Image Dreams are today's answers to tomorrow's questions. Edgar Cayce

#24 RDS

RDS

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 28 September 2006 - 12:54 PM

My wife and I have no cats but do have two small house dogs. A few nights ago as we were taking a walk I mentioned to my wife that I have felt as if one of the dogs were walking in our bed. She siad that is strange because she has felt it to. ( I work night shift and and this happened to me during the day) Anyway, I was off last night and we were sleeping together. about 1:30 am as I was just lying down I felt as if something jumped in the bed form my wife's side and was running back and forth between us. It felt heavier than it normally does. I woke my wife up and ask her if she could feel it and sure enough she did. Our two small dogs were next to us in the floor inside thier locked pens. We turned the light on and nothing was there. This happened several times last night.

Can anyone explain this? I guess as long as we are in no danger there is really nothing we can do about it.

#25 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous &quot;green monster&quot;) lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 28 September 2006 - 02:46 PM

What a neat experience to sense a ghost cat. The only cat I have had in my adult life that passed away was a Siamese. She passed away 1 1/2 years ago at the age of 18. She was not an affectionate cat living, and I have not had any aftercatlife experiences with her. The cats I have now are so affectionate, I always have one on my lap, when one leaves....one with fill the spot. All of them love to sleep on my bed too. I know the feeling of them walking across the bed and they are just the loveable ones that will do it after they pass away.

I do have a friend that claims her cat that passed away comes back all the time. She said she has seen him, and has felt that same feeling of him walking across the bed. She also says she leaves his cat toys out, and they move around quite often.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#26 JDulius

JDulius

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I have a great interest in paranormal activity(especially ghosts and spirits), and that's the main reason why I'm here.

Posted 28 September 2006 - 03:02 PM

Atleast now I know what the explaination could be for the light jumping feeling that occurs when I'm laying in bed :Spaz:

The previous owner of our house had a cat, because my dad has a really sensitive nose and his allergies started to set in, I think that he also found cat hairs everywhere.

I have felt a ghost cat jump up on the bed with me a few times before, I know because I could feel the energy of a cat and not a dog or other kind of animal. Cats have a unique type of energy about them, just like any other being.

Up until now I thought that I was just hallucinating, but I always knew that it was a cat that I had felt. Next time I'll try to communicate with it(goodluck with that, I say to myself).

Edited by JDulius, 28 September 2006 - 03:02 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users