• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#1 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:17 PM

Hi, I was just wondering if people out there hear their name being called out to them out of the blue -almost in a whisper- and you get startled and wonder what was that. I have had this experience many many times since I can remember... Most of the times I couldnt recognize the voice but at times I could... it would be one of my parents usually. But many times it was a voice not recognizable. I never thought much of this as I always just thought it was my mind playing tricks on me somehow. But many years later... I am thinking could it be something else or maybe I am just really bored with my life at this point that I am trying to make something out of nothing, haha .... but aside from that, is it just the mind or could it be something paranormal causing it? Has it happened to anyone else and what is your explanation.

Edited by nadinek, 26 September 2006 - 09:18 PM.

#2 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 September 2006 - 09:48 PM

In Hawaii, we are taught not to answer to our names unless we see who called it. There is a belief that it may be an obake trying to steal our soul.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#3 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 26 September 2006 - 10:44 PM

In Hawaii, we are taught not to answer to our names unless we see who called it. There is a belief that it may be an obake trying to steal our soul.

Thanks for your response... .are you being serious... if that is the case, then they are doing a good job at it considering I still have my soul... I think, haha. LOL

Edited by nadinek, 26 September 2006 - 10:46 PM.

#4 Faithful_nurse_27

Faithful_nurse_27

• Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Interests:All things out of the ordinary. I hate normal.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:53 AM

I was intrigued to read this because I also hear my name being called all the time. It happens a lot while I'm at work. I work nights in a quiet hospital and there have been times I was all alone on the unit and I'll distinctly hear my name and I'll look to see who said it and there's no one there. One night I thought I was crazy because it happened several times and I had also seen several spirits that night. But, I thought I would mention that you're not alone because I hear my name all the time and have often wondered why. It has also made me wonder if I can actually communicate with spirits and if so how can I learn to do so. So if anyone has an explanation for this, I'd also love to hear it. Thanks for sharing!

Faith
FaithPosted Image

#5 Flormarina

Flormarina

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 827 posts
  • Interests:I love poetry, and photography, music and oil painting, in general I love nature, with all its splendour and glory. The paranormal has been one of my favourites hobbies.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 01:47 AM

The same thing has happen to me from time to time, through out my life time, I have no idea what it is, but sometimes I guess it could be an Angel or a Spirit, all depends on how I feel insides and how my body reacts when it happens.
Posted ImageFlormarinaIf you got something to tell the world, write a book....

#6 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 27 September 2006 - 04:51 AM

It has hapened to me alot during my whole life. I finally realized it is usually my spirit guide trying to get my attention. Never had any bad or weird feelings around it, so it doesn't bother me when it happens.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:09 AM

~Oh yes...I hear my name called all the time. The only time I know it's my Grandma (she passed away 5 years ago) is when I hear "Sissy" because that was my nickname to her. I also will hear my phone ring, but we have the kind of phone that the caller I.D will light up and display the number...there will be nothing. Either way...it's startling when you clearly hear your name and there's no one there. :whee:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#8 madhatter

madhatter

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting and soccer.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 08:18 AM

I'm interested in this becauese in WA we have what we call the "debils debils" (aboriginal spirits) they cause alot of racous!

Posted Image

THE TED!!!

#9 spiritlady

spiritlady

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts
  • Interests:what ever comes to mind............

Posted 27 September 2006 - 09:22 AM

for me ,when ever i would listen to music or not really listening but in a daydream state, or even going to bed. "tammy"," TAMMY" or " are you awake " wake up". so ya i think it happens to us all.

SPL:)
My Sesshomaru , my protectorPosted Image

#10 Sheal

Sheal

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 10:26 AM

I've had my name whispered, screamed, spoken and sung. My name is not a common name nor is it easy to say. Shealaina (shu-lay-nuh). I've even had one EVP where the entity sings my name three times then says "I want you to....DIE". Eerie!

I've even been slapped, punched, pushed, had my hair pulled, touched and burned (one burned a thumb print into my lower back at a cemetary outing which can be confirmed by 3 witnesses). I've been bitten (also can be confirmed by one witness other than myself), I've even had them point at me and stare and play with my hair.

First few times were scary but I've gotten used to it.

Sheal

#11 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 11:43 AM

Your name being called is usually your guide or a loved one, someone with a connection to you directly.

Sheal, I've had a lot of those same experiences myself. Takes a little getting used to...lol.

Most other spirits we come in contact with do not come right out and call us by our names, so I feel it is nothing to worry about. It is someone looking out for you. It takes a lot of energy for them to say your name, so it is important to listen when it is heard.

When we catch EVP, one reason they are usually so short is because of the energy factor. We usually feel very drained ourselves afterwards, because they can use our energy to do so. It takes a lot for them to speak.
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#12 DukeofBoogie

DukeofBoogie

Did the Time Warp at his wedding!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,274 posts
  • Interests:The Paranormal, Rock music, Movies, History (Especially the American Civil War), and spending time with my wife and daughter.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:21 PM

I've heard my named whispered more than once. We had a good discussion about this about a year back, if you'd care to have a look....

http://www.ghostvill...y...c=10581&hl=

I've also had some not so nice things whispered into my ear, but we won't talk about those right now. I took care of the problem anyhow.
http://www.facebook....59567008?v=wallhttp://www.cdbaby.co...eblackriverboyshttp://www.zoarcivilwar.com/In great deeds something abides. On great fields something stays.....Spirits linger, to consecrate ground for the vision place of souls. And reverent men and women from afar, and generations that know us not and that we know not of, heart-drawn to where and by whom great things were suffered and done for them, shall come to this deathless field, to ponder and dream; and lo! The shadow of a mighty presence shall wrap them in its bosom, and the power of the vision pass into thier soles.-Joshua Lawrence Chamberlain

I've been hit byPosted Image mrsspookypants

#13 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

I've actually had this happen to me last night, but I don't know if its anything paranormal (in my case anyway) because I usually hear my name being said when I am dozing off, or laying in bed with my eyes closed, so I think it could just be my mind in la la land. It's weird though.
For some of us it's a long way from the cradle to the gravePosted Image

#14 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 September 2006 - 12:37 PM

Spiritlady,

I have had the exact same thing happen to me... One time I was sleeping and had to get up for school in the morning... I thought my mom had woken me up because I remember hearing ,.... my name, wake up... in my moms voice, but when I got ready and approached my mom in the morning to thank her for waking me up, she said she had not.... so I was kinda taken aback, but just thought it was my own "mind" reminding me to wake up for school in some sort of subconscious manner. I never thought it could be a spirit??? I still think it is more of the subconscious mind- dont know... but its good to know I am not the only one.

Edited by nadinek, 27 September 2006 - 12:40 PM.

#15 phanty

phanty

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:i love talking about spirits. i dont do it so much anymore cause everyone thinks that your a freak or your crazy when you do. so this site is the best way to let it out!

Posted 27 September 2006 - 06:57 PM

wow! thats crazy. when i was 9 me and my stepdad came home from somewere and as soon as we walked into the door we heard our names being called. my mom was at work you explaine that hey. creepy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)