• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#46 Mrs. Bryan

Mrs. Bryan

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 17 October 2006 - 01:48 AM

I am SOOO Used to this! It happens All the time! My Cousins that were Old West Outlaws Visit and they often do this. It tickles me and makes me Smile when they do this.

#47 flower

flower

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 19 October 2006 - 06:15 AM

This is my recent story which by the way brought me here. A friend told me this site might be helpful for me, so here I am. Anyway I go out on investigations with my paranormal group. One night when we were out I had this intense need of a hug. It was very very strong. This was new to me, feeling something so strong. Later that night during our investigation a young voice comes on and says hug me Chris. Then on the next investigation toward the end of my tape this young voice comes back calling out my name 5 times. After this ordeal I was burning a house candle where I always burn in same conditions in the house and the candle blew out. My first response to that was it was a small child blowing out the candle ( this candle had been burned to where it was about half way down the jar) I have felt the presence of a young one around me. The other day I was laying on my bed when I felt someone's hand in my hair if it was my guest I don't know. This little voice sounds as if it is female and very young. My feeling was the age frame of 3-5 years of age with how they were talking. If anyone can pick something up for me on this I would be ever so grateful. I feel there is a need here and that they are reaching out but I am new at this sort of thing and don't know where to start. One thing I do know is I don't want to fail whoever this is. Thank you all!!

#48 seakla

seakla

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 424 posts
  • Interests:My biggest interests are reading and writing. I also love to research my genealogy and love to research other little historical people or events that catch my attention. I am really getting into homespun crafts and have recently learned howe to weave a basket, make my own paper and am currently learning to carve wood. <br /><br />I am married (10 years in 2006) and have two daughters who will be 10 and 8 in 2006. We all enjoy hanging around outside in our own yard, but also are fond of grabbing a South Carolina map, looking at it and saying &quot;this looks like a cool place&quot; and we will take off and drive there. <br /><br />I also enjoy meeting other people and learning about other places and cultures and have a few penpals that I am trying to be better at writing to regularly.

Posted 20 October 2006 - 02:32 PM

[quote name='nadinek' post='353641' date='Sep 27 2006, 04:44 AM'][quote name='aloha_spirit' post='353628' date='Sep 26 2006, 10:48 PM']
In Hawaii, we are taught not to answer to our names unless we see who called it. There is a belief that it may be an obake trying to steal our soul.[/quote]

If I adapt this belief at work I'll get into trouble! lol Just kidding...I think this is a neat theory or belief. I usually never answer to my name unless I actually recognize who called it and know they are in the vicinity or something (like at work, my staff on the workshop floor will call to me and I recognize them so will call back even if I don't immediately see them.)

Mostly when I hear my name is alone, quiet and usually at night just as I am going to sleep. I read a theory about what causes us to hear our names as we are drifting off to sleep but I don't remember where I read it.
Believe and you will be rewarded~Check out my newest release: Magick for the Kitchen WitchVisit my site http://seakla.tripod.com for an autographed copy or purchase it at any online bookstore [

#49 Maidstone

Maidstone

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 June 2007 - 08:55 AM

Lisa, the spirits are very active around 3 a.m. Check your clock next time and see
if it reads 3:15. :weeee:

Why do you say that about 3:15am?

I've always *ALWAYS* awoken at that time and turned over to see my digital clock staring back at me with 3:15am. Scared/scares the BAD_WORD out of me.

I used to think it had something to do with my Dad. He was born March 15th. We were very close. He just passed away in December - and last night I heard his voice Yell my name in my left ear. It startled me out of a very deep sleep.

It was 3:40am however.

Anyhoo - anyone besides angelicus know anything about the 3:15am? What does that mean?

Thanks,
Maid (a newbie)

#50 gaia227

gaia227

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I am an animal lover and proud mama of two beautiful kitties, love and respect the earth and it's inhabitants, I am trying to do my part as far as reducing MY effect on the earth, global warming, animal habitat destruction, etc - don't own a car use mass transit, recycle, donate money and time, learning to become more energy effcient-that kinda thing.<br />I am interesting in social/political issues and tend to be pretty opinionated about it. Mostly my interests with that lie in the plight of third world countries living in the shadow of 1st world industry super-powers....fun, huh?<br />On a lighter note I love to read, love crossword puzzles, a strong cup of Earl Grey tea, a little bit of a history buff, obviously interested in the paranormal, love a good ghost story, music is a big part of my life, love going to the theater, museums, I love old things-anything that has a good history behind it intrigues me, collect old photographs of NYC, use to fancy myself as a writer but starting to rethink that.<br />On an academic level my interests are in Anthropology, Archaeology, animal science/behavior, social/political philosophy-Marxism.

Posted 28 June 2007 - 12:38 PM

This must be a phenomena that happens to everyone. Ever since I was a little girl I have heard my name being said. It almost always happens when I am in bed, so I chauk it up to sleep paralysis/hypnagogic hallucinations. Usually when it happens it sounds like a chorus of voices and it starts out soft and then gets louder and louder until my whole brain is full my name being said over and over again.
I don't think it has ever happened to me while I have been vertical. Maybe a couple of times.

#51 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 28 June 2007 - 01:06 PM

all the time lol

Im gonna change it soon :ghost:

#52 hellpaso

hellpaso

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • Interests:paranormal experience/research for over 30 (ouch!) years

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:29 PM

i don't remember ever hearing my name, but i hear "get up" some days when i try to sleep late, and invariably there will be some one at the door with a delivery within a few minutes. it's really kinda cool!

#53 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:&quot;We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness.&quot;

Posted 29 June 2007 - 03:57 PM

Personally I think most of the time its our subconcious. But three things that I class as truely paranormal have happened to me concerning a spirit talking to me in this was.

1. Didnt happen too long ago, I was at work placement, all the children were at dinner from upper foundation and all the lower foundation children had gone home. The staff were in the staff room and I was in lower foundation classroom on my own (we call each other by our fist names when the children arent there anyway). And I clearly heard "Miss Briggs." In a childs voice as if one of the children were wanting me, I turned and there was no one there.

2. When I was at my last placement I worked with babies, so I come to recognise the cries of each baby and could distinguish the cries between each of the babies there. One night I was just falling asleep when I heard the crying of one of the babies in nursery clearly as if the baby was in my room. When I went in the next day, the baby was ill the night before and wasnt coming in to day care.

3. Ths is the most important to me, when my grandad came back to talk to me one night, I only ever heard his voice and never saw him.

On a daily basis I hear my name said, making me turn around but I think theres sligh subconcious and paranoia in it most of the time lol.

As for the morning messages with you all, I just thnk that its your body clock used to a certain routine on a morning and our mind replays that on days when a routine is changed.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#54 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 05:09 PM

I’ve had this happen to me, as well. Very interesting to see that so many others encounter this. It only happens to me when I am just falling asleep, like has been mentioned here already. Sometimes, I will hear other names (of which I know no one by those names) and, sometimes other various spoken words or even screaming. The voice is usually a man’s but typically seems to be in a different voice - not the same voice always. It usually seems to come from “inside” my head. I consider this may be potentially paranormal but generally think it is probably just related to my brain “working things out” as I’m falling asleep - as it only happens when I’m just falling asleep.

Because it became rather disconcerting for me, I gradually learned to turn the voices “off” and rarely ever encounter it, any longer. I keep all lights off, a fan on and TCM playing on TV all night - this is my particular “sleeping atmosphere” that helps ease the silence and helps me to sleep. I typically can’t sleep at all without some background noise.

Too, and this is weird, like Laurie Ann, I sometimes hear the ringing of a phone (not my particular phone, though). It seems to come from nowhere and is very clearly coming from inside my apartment (but, most likely my head :Spaz: ). Strange. I have always considered that to be my mind playing tricks on me. This happens when I am awake. I never thought too much on it - just my mind playing tricks or a by-product of my migraines (of which I sometimes have without pain - just aura - so, that is one explanation in my case). The brain works in mysterious ways…

:clap:

Amanda

#55 J-Me

J-Me

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 July 2007 - 06:38 PM

I've had this too! Only a couple of times in the 3 and a half years I've lived away from "home" but back when I was living with my parents I used to be called left right and center often in my mum or dads voice regardless of whether or not they were at home. I've lost count of the amount of times I've yelled "WHAT?" down the stairs only to get the reply "I didn't say anything" and find my mum sat downstairs, TV & Radio off quietly doing a crossword. There have also been a handful of occasions where my mum and I have simultaneously said "what?", with her hearing me call Mum while me hearing her call me! very strange I must say.

I do remember once back around late autumn 2001 getting home from College one afternoon to find both my parents out shopping (about 13 miles away) I was in the kitchen and had taken my shoes off when as clear as anything (so much so I jumped) I heard my brother yell "Mum?" up the stairs from the hallway (all open plan). I walked out the kitchen and peered round the corner, thinking my brother had gotten home from work early and come to see mother letting himself in quietly (he lives just along the road)

Not a sausage.

I walked back into the kitchen and no more than 5 seconds later I again heard him yell again, this time more abruptly and louder "MUM!!!" up the stairs. Dashing back thinking maybe he was trying to be funny and scare me there was still no one there. I looked out the window and along the road and sure enough his workvan wasn't there.
I've still to find a rational explaination for that one!

Jamie

#56 esmorellda

esmorellda

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:21 AM

hello everyone,,,i was reading about hearing your name called,,i get that all the time,right next to my ear i hear DEBRA and it happens alot i know the voice from my past but can not remember the person very strange,,,but the other night my dad came out ino the hallway and said what do you want and i said i didnt call you he said yes you did i heard it plain as day,,i had a hard time in believing in things i could not see,,,until my mom passed away in 2007 she had cancer and went down hill very fast i moved in with her and my dad and spent every day with her,,after 10 months she just could fight anymore and i knew the day she was going to die because she kept telling me she seen my sister that died in 77 and also her mother so i knew she was ready to go,,she died in the hospital the next 12 hours,,i was at work,,i was so angry with myself for not being next to her when she left,,it bothered me for many many nights,,i was a wreck,,then i had to most wonderfull thing happen,,i had one of those dreams that seem so real,that you dont think they are a dream at all,,,,i dreamnt my mom was home,,very happy talking with my father like she never left,she was standing by the door,,i came in the room and she said to me...oh good your hear,,i have someplace i have to ,she gave me a hug and she kissed my cheek,told me she loved me,and said everything would be fine,she would be ok,,andshe was gone,,i woke actuallythinking she was in the next room,,i believe she was there,and that is the day me and my mom found our peace with her going i havent had a bad day or sad day since,and i do believe she is watching over us,,,,,,pretty crazy aint it........

#57 Marilyn Jackson

Marilyn Jackson

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 31 October 2009 - 03:55 PM

I've heard my name but not for a long time now. I use to get feelings of things I should do or shouldn't. Once I kept getting the feeling to get up and when I finally did my front door was wide open.

{Shrug}

#58 ceciliann

ceciliann

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 20 May 2012 - 11:39 AM

I am 16 i have heard whispers as long as i can remember..
I used to joke it away whit the old ¨i can hear dead people¨
but the last few years i have started to notice when it happens.
i am not tired and i am not alone when this happens whit me...
no i`m public (at school in a class or sitting in a car/buss)
at school it happens right after i talk to my friends, then i ¨lose¨ my hearing
and then when everything is quiet i hear a whisper saying ¨Ann?¨ (my name)
i then say out loud in class yes? and look around. But the only ones that
looks at me is people wondering why i said yes...

some other times it happens in school is at a test.
then i kind of... hear what the answer is, or the start of it...

I use to know the voice, i just cant place it...
i hope some one might have an answer
if this is my guide or a spirit.. or something else.

#59 White Witch

White Witch

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts
  • Interests:Spirits, Photography, Paranormal Programs, Old Homes and Cottage Life

Posted 21 May 2012 - 08:14 PM

I hd this happen to me in my sister's basement in the 80s. It came from the middle of the room. Scared the heck out of me. The only other time was after my grandmother past away, it was her voice I heard and I went to answer then remembered she was no longer there.
Right this way to my haunted space.

#60 MzClementine

MzClementine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Interests:Ghost anything paranormal. Energy, empath, dreams, psychic, tarot, crystals. Metaphysical science. Living, loving and learning. Things unexplained too.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 12:48 PM

I hear Mommy.. Alot... My little one is fast asleep and I know it's not him. Most of all I hear conversations. At times it is just out of reach to hear what they or he or she is saying. But my oh my.. My mother passed back in 2008. It is tough to loose your loved one. There isn't a day that passes that I'm not speaking to her. Every night I tell her and my step father that I love them and miss them. Sweet dreams to them where they may be. Well I was humdrum for them and as my hubby and I said our good nights to each other. We both hear. I LOVE YOU.. I laughed and asked my hubby what?? Was that you.. That sounded just like my mom.. My hubby said I'm freezing and NO.. That wasn't me.. That wasn't you?? I said No.. I thought your voice was throwing a frog.. LOL.. Well Talk about a chill through the body.. The cold hit me like a brick.. AH.. Mommy.. I love you too.. The hub and I had a tear or two fall.. Just to hear her voice was music to my ears.. Ones we loose are always around.. In the spirit world the conection doesn't fade. Remember they can hear you.. And at times you can hear them too..

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users