• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#16 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 October 2006 - 12:01 PM

Viv has some really good points. As for Sylvia, I tend to agree. I loved what she had to say at first and it was all new to me. The more information I received on the paranormal, life after death etc etc, it really is a matter of opinion and what she said was not the "be all end all" anymore. I used to like listening to her talk radio show on-line but now it seems as though she hardly mentions the subject matter promised and instead promotes her book and lectures the whole time with inbetween people asking her left and right who thier spirit guides are. I really have to cringe when she tells people about what to check on with them medically. "Get your pancreas checked" etc etc. I really hope she is on the mark and not sending these people on a wild goose chase. She once said that she didn't believe fairies existed and insisted they didn't until she saw one for herself. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........Is she really an authority on everything unexplained?
Food for thought.
Sorry if I am getting off the subject

I read a book about reincarnation a while back..
It says that there are three types of soulmates.

Soulmates that are lovers/partners are reffered to as 'twin flame soul mates'.

It also says that theres an instant attraction between the two of you..as if you recognize eachother.
It says the feeling is always mutual(which I've obviously never found yet,hehe)

Actually, I met one person so far with whom I had an instant attraction to... and it is quite funny, I was told later on by someone who was known for accuarately reading peoples future, present... that I would always have a love of my life who I would love and he would later on in life realize he loved me, but that it would never culminate into marriage... the person she descibed to me that day was him to a tee! Strange, I dont know if its true or not or to what extent its true, but there is definately something to be said about an instant attraction!

Edited by nadinek, 08 October 2006 - 12:02 PM.

#17 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 08 October 2006 - 04:28 PM

i believe in soul mates, i think you can have more than one soulmate in your lifetime. they dont need to be just lovers. they can be people you feel you just connect with. but maybe there are different levels of soul mates.
a soul mate that is a lover have a deeper feeling than a friend who is a soulmate. im not sure - there is so much that we dont know, but i think you can get soulmates.

i havent seen Sylvia Brown or read any of her books so i cant really comment on her
Posted Image

#18 LoveYouGuinness

LoveYouGuinness

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Animals, Renovating my house, Gardening, Going to the movies, Going out for dinner, Working, enjoying life

Posted 09 October 2006 - 11:30 PM

So far the only soul mate I've met is my cat, Guinness. 7 years ago, my boyfriend had given me a gift for my birthday, it was a stuffed animal, a black and white cat. 3 years later, I wanted to get a cat and found an ad in the bargain finder saying there was himalayan cross kittens. So I called and there was one girl and one boy left. I wanted the girl, but he said there was already two people coming to see them, but if anything fell through, he would call me. So an hour later he called me and said there was the boy left (me, I'm thinking, crap, I dont want a boy cat) and then he said he's black and white and I'm like, huh? I thought they were himalayan....and he said, well the mom is himalayan and the dad is black and white....so it was a male, and he didnt look at all like the kind of cat I wanted, but I still went over to see him and I immediately fell in love with him. It took us a while to realize how much he looked like that stuffed cat... We bought a house and were moving about 4 months ago and found this stuffed cat in the back of a closet and I said we should just get rid of it, cause it was stinky and kinda mildewy and my boyfriend said, no way, I'm gonna wash it and it will be just fine... so we did that and packed it up. 2 months after moving, our cat got hit by a car and died (worst night of my life) and we later found that stuffed cat and I was so glad I never threw it out and for some weird reason, it even smelled like my kitty, even though it was washed and stuck in a box for a few months.....so yeah, I have a lot of reasons to believe me and my soulmate came together on earth....and I know one day we'll be together again, hopefully in this lifetime and soon.

#19 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 12:56 AM

So far the only soul mate I've met is my cat, Guinness. 7 years ago, my boyfriend had given me a gift for my birthday, it was a stuffed animal, a black and white cat. 3 years later, I wanted to get a cat and found an ad in the bargain finder saying there was himalayan cross kittens. So I called and there was one girl and one boy left. I wanted the girl, but he said there was already two people coming to see them, but if anything fell through, he would call me. So an hour later he called me and said there was the boy left (me, I'm thinking, crap, I dont want a boy cat) and then he said he's black and white and I'm like, huh? I thought they were himalayan....and he said, well the mom is himalayan and the dad is black and white....so it was a male, and he didnt look at all like the kind of cat I wanted, but I still went over to see him and I immediately fell in love with him. It took us a while to realize how much he looked like that stuffed cat... We bought a house and were moving about 4 months ago and found this stuffed cat in the back of a closet and I said we should just get rid of it, cause it was stinky and kinda mildewy and my boyfriend said, no way, I'm gonna wash it and it will be just fine... so we did that and packed it up. 2 months after moving, our cat got hit by a car and died (worst night of my life) and we later found that stuffed cat and I was so glad I never threw it out and for some weird reason, it even smelled like my kitty, even though it was washed and stuck in a box for a few months.....so yeah, I have a lot of reasons to believe me and my soulmate came together on earth....and I know one day we'll be together again, hopefully in this lifetime and soon.

Cute story! But what about your BF.... does your cat take precedence over him??? Hmmm.... dont tell your boyfriend that, haha.... anyway, cute story...

#20 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 10 October 2006 - 01:10 AM

Oh yah, Sorry to hear about your cat.... I am not really an animal lover, so I dont know the bond that is shared.

#21 carlotta

carlotta

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 945 posts
  • Interests:Tarot, gardening, hiking, Victorian literature, cats, European travel

Posted 10 October 2006 - 03:31 AM

A soulmate is definitely not just a romantic partner. I believe a soul mate is just someone with whom you have karma.

I agree with Petunia. I think another term for solemate is "kindred spirit". Kindred spirits can even be animals or objects. There's an affinity or connection that is part emotional, and part something undefineable, except as some sort of 'link' that exists regardless of time and distance. It can come in an instant or be developed or realized as time goes by.

I think people often confuse lust with such a profound connection. But lust just burns off, whereas the connection lasts indefinitely and is immutable.
Who owns the land? Only the land knows. We mortals are passersby, and our lives are but a brief moment in the great span of time and space. We are born, we live out our lives, and most of us do the best we can with it, but the wind is forever, and the rivers flow forever to the sea, and all the seasons of the weathers will come and go after we are gone. But the Earth endures, the Earth is eternal" - Earl Hamner

#22 Fairie

Fairie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 441 posts
  • Interests:My Paranormal Group,Southern New England Paranormal, My Spiritualist Church, My Daughter, True Friends ( LOVE YA ANGELINAYORKE ) , ( CTGHOSTHUNTER ) , My Portrait tattoo of my daughter Anya.

Posted 10 October 2006 - 09:48 AM

I personally do NOT believe is soul mates

#23 Dodi

Dodi

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts
  • Interests:Lighthouses, Suprnatural, Photography, Cemeteries, Abandon Buildings (especially Hospitals, or Insane Asylums), learning new things...

Posted 10 October 2006 - 10:51 AM

:) OK, here's my input, I think a soulmate is someone who's soul you have known and continue to have connections... In previous lives, in this life and in the after life... I don't think there is just one... I know I have two very close soulmates who I have not even met face to face... but have such a deep connection... it's even hard to esplain for me... but when you can tell someone is sad or upset 1000's of miles away with out talking to them... it's a deep connection... Anyone got any comments on this????
Life, you gotta love it, the humor of it all! After all, isn't that what life is, one big joke???Dodie

#24 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 10 October 2006 - 11:42 AM

I agree with what you have told Dodie. There is indeed something that is unexplainable, whatever be it. I too have had certain situations, certain people who are very close, very understanding no matter what.
Posted Image

#25 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:34 PM

anybody have any soulmate stories they would like to share or just thoughts on it??

#26 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:46 AM

I believe in psychic phenomena, but I wouldn't pay any attention to anything Sylvia Brown says. She's the classic cold reading con artist that doesn't do anything more impressive than a stage magician can do. Listen carefully to her responses...she practically says the same thing over and over to people inquiring about deceased loved ones. "Oh they watch over you and want to say that they love you!...blah blah blah..." It's nothing more than telling people what they want to hear.

And she has a track record of saying vague things in order to score a "hit" with people she reads, such as always asking if it's a heart problem when the person was old or died suddenly. If the person says NO, it was cancer, she'll either agree and seem like she knew it all along, or insist that they also had a heart problem and no one knew it.

She also has a record of making vague predictions some of which come true but were obvious anyway, most of which do not. She predicted that Bill Clinton was being framed and had nothing to do with Monica Lewinsky and said that a Democrat would win the 2000 election. She also predicted the wrong candidates to have been running.

By far her worst was saying that she knew the miners trapped in a WV mine, would all be rescued alive. She said it a few minutes AFTER the news already reported they were alive. But the news reported wrong, only one was alive and the rest were dead. She then went on to act like she knew that all the time. Personally I'm not impressed with her vague cold reading skills at all either. They seem obviously hokey and vague to me....you just have to pay close attention.

She was also arrested and convicted of some type of fraud before going into her psychic con-artist business.

I'm not saying that all psychics are fakes like this, so I don't mean to offend anyone here, but Sylivia is NOT the real deal folks.

#27 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:51 AM

~I agree with Shawn, I'm not a big Sylvia Brown fan either.

~I believe in soul-mates. I also believe that you could be so busy with the "wrong person" that you let your true soul-mate slip by, or let go by accident. I know that if they were true soul-mates, then they'll be back, and all I can say is I hope this is true.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#28 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:25 PM

I believe in psychic phenomena, but I wouldn't pay any attention to anything Sylvia Brown says. She's the classic cold reading con artist that doesn't do anything more impressive than a stage magician can do. Listen carefully to her responses...she practically says the same thing over and over to people inquiring about deceased loved ones. "Oh they watch over you and want to say that they love you!...blah blah blah..." It's nothing more than telling people what they want to hear.

And she has a track record of saying vague things in order to score a "hit" with people she reads, such as always asking if it's a heart problem when the person was old or died suddenly. If the person says NO, it was cancer, she'll either agree and seem like she knew it all along, or insist that they also had a heart problem and no one knew it.

She also has a record of making vague predictions some of which come true but were obvious anyway, most of which do not. She predicted that Bill Clinton was being framed and had nothing to do with Monica Lewinsky and said that a Democrat would win the 2000 election. She also predicted the wrong candidates to have been running.

By far her worst was saying that she knew the miners trapped in a WV mine, would all be rescued alive. She said it a few minutes AFTER the news already reported they were alive. But the news reported wrong, only one was alive and the rest were dead. She then went on to act like she knew that all the time. Personally I'm not impressed with her vague cold reading skills at all either. They seem obviously hokey and vague to me....you just have to pay close attention.

She was also arrested and convicted of some type of fraud before going into her psychic con-artist business.

I'm not saying that all psychics are fakes like this, so I don't mean to offend anyone here, but Sylivia is NOT the real deal folks.

I agree with you... I think she gets a lot of things wrong and makes up the other stuff. A month back in an old rerun of montel, she said that the troops will be pulling out of Iraq soon and the whole thing would come to a close. Hmmm... she was wrong as they had aired that episode just a month back or so and they are sill there.

#29 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

I believe personally that there is a chance that most never know who they're soul mate is. I love my boyfriend with all my heart but it's hard to connect with him. I feel we are always at a distance and that fire isn't there like it used to be but I want to be with him. I'm hanging onto every last thread cuz I love him intensely. I know he loves me but he's not been in but one long term relationship before me so therefor it's hard for him to express his emotions.
I'd like to believe that everyone in the end, ends up with they're soul mate. But I do believe that if you love someone that your relationship is worth fighting for and that if you truly love that person then in the end it's all worth fighting for.
I used to have a cat named Star and I always felt close with her. She was the closest thing to a friend that you could have. Ya'll could think it's silly but I believe she is looking over me and will always remember me the same as her. So yes, soul mate can be a loved lost pet, a parent, sibling, friend.

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#30 Vivienne_DuBois

Vivienne_DuBois

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 04:19 PM

~I believe in soul-mates. I also believe that you could be so busy with the "wrong person" that you let your true soul-mate slip by, or let go by accident. I know that if they were true soul-mates, then they'll be back, and all I can say is I hope this is true.

I believe personally that there is a chance that most never know who they're soul mate is. I love my boyfriend with all my heart but it's hard to connect with him. I feel we are always at a distance and that fire isn't there like it used to be but I want to be with him. I'm hanging onto every last thread cuz I love him intensely. I know he loves me but he's not been in but one long term relationship before me so therefor it's hard for him to express his emotions.
I'd like to believe that everyone in the end, ends up with they're soul mate. But I do believe that if you love someone that your relationship is worth fighting for and that if you truly love that person then in the end it's all worth fighting for.
I used to have a cat named Star and I always felt close with her. She was the closest thing to a friend that you could have. Ya'll could think it's silly but I believe she is looking over me and will always remember me the same as her. So yes, soul mate can be a loved lost pet, a parent, sibling, friend.

Big ;) to you both.

Starlitkate: What you say about your cat is not silly at all. At least, not to me. I consider my Marilyn (a wonderful feather-baby) to still be a soul-mate, to me. I've had many pets, but Marilyn really touched me deeply (she died last Christmas). I've had birds before and cats before, but Marilyn and I really seemed to "click" in a profound way, right up until the end.

I'm sure your precious Star is still around you. I know my Marilyn is. :( They never leave us.

Viv

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users