39 replies to this topic

#31 starlitkate

starlitkate

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:www.unexplained-mysteries.com<br />www.angelsghosts.com

Posted 14 October 2006 - 05:53 PM

:D TY dear!! I'm sorry to hear about your marilyn. Nothing is comforting about loosing a loved one whether they be a pet or human being!! Unless they are spiders and snakes and sharks. Ughhhhh I could care less bout those. lol :clap: Hehe

Click Below to View my Site!!

Posted Image

#32 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 14 October 2006 - 08:28 PM

~Thank you Viv. :hug: 's to you too hun....losing a pet is just as hard as losing a soulmate. Well, maybe a little harder. Pets are so unbiased, don't care what you look like, what you drive, what home you live in, all they know of is unconditional love. And when you lose a pet, a part of you isn't lost, but is taken with your pet to the other side. Pets never leave those that returned the love and kindness.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#33 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 10:45 AM

I believe in soulmates. I always thought that there were two kinds of attractions. Someone you meet that you have an instant attraction and are passionate with no bounds. Then there is secure love. Someone who is safe and caring, would make a good parent/friend/spouse. Relationships were either one or the other. I always wanted both in a person. I figured that was a true soulmate. Someone you connected with on every level. Many people think this is too good to be true and doesn't exist.

I did meet someone once who shook me to the very core when I met him. I felt that by looking at him, I could see his very soul. It was instant mutual attraction and we dated for a while. He was the time of my life at the same time had emotional problems. He was not the person I would have wanted to be married to or have children with. Breaking up with him was like a death and I was devastated.

I met my husband some time later. He is a great husband and a wonderful father. We were also very attracted to each other and still are but not in a desperate tragic way. (I think the other relationship was too draining as up and down as it was)

So what is a soul mate? My children that I would die for? My cat that I had for 19 years and always stood by me? My husband? Or my brother who always seems to call me out of the blue when I feel sad? Great question.

#34 angelicus

angelicus

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 October 2006 - 09:47 PM

Hello, fellow Villagers: I've enjoyed reading these threads. It's really a great
topic. GhostCat, I absolutely love your story. I truly believe that if someone
or something is meant to come back to you, they/it will. This has happened to me
a few times over the years. MarieCeleste, thanks for posting about the "twin flames."
I experienced the "recognition" and it is powerful. And it didn't hurt that he
is such a hunk. However, because we have free will, we still make the decision whether to pursue
the situation or not. Then again, if it's meant to be (as in GhostCat's case), another opportunity
will present itself. ;)

#35 gigi

gigi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 11:17 AM

I also believe in soul mates. I believe we have several in our lives. Our pets, sometimes a sibling, a best friend, or a spouse, lover, etc....

I know I have met 4 of my soul mates. My sister, my kitty, my dog, and my deceased husband. You just know, and understand each other from the moment you meet. I too lost my beloved pomeranian a couple of years ago, and it was very devastating to me. Her name was Buffy, and we just totally understood each other the moment I saw her. She was my little sweetie for 16 years, and I still miss her, but she has never visited me. You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your little sweetie.

My sister and I share a bond that is just amazing. We know what each other are thinking without having to verbalize. We know immediately if the other is in trouble of some type, we know when we need to make a call or pay a visit. The ties between us can not be broken by anyone, ot by distance. We have even shared the same dreams a couple of times on the same night, even though we had not spoken to each other that day.

My kitty Mittens is also my soul mate. I did not especially care for cats, but my sister and I went to a garage sale one day, and the lady had a box of kittens she was trying to give away. This one little black and white kitty came out of her box and followed me. I picked her up and petted her and put her back in the box. She got out of the box again and followed me to my car three different times. The lady that owned the kittens said to me "you have to take her, she has picked you to be her parent." I told the lady that I did not especially care for cats, but possibly she could be right. I picked the kitten up again and looked into her eyes. She purred and nestled against my neck, and in that instant she became my Mittens. That was 7 years ago, and we have been together ever since. She knows when I am blue, and just need a hug, and she knows when I am upset, and how to comfort me. We just understand each other, and she is a wonderful companion.

My husband, David was also a soul mate. We met as teenagers and just clicked. We went on to marry other people, but always had a connection mentally. I knew he was my soul mate the first time we met. Our paths crossed again many years later after both of our marriages failed, and went on to marry each other. Sadly, he was killed in an auto accident on our third anniversary.

This is just a little of my story. I have enjoyed reading all of yours.

Gigi

#36 poot56

poot56

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 October 2006 - 10:41 PM

Viv has some really good points. As for Sylvia, I tend to agree. I loved what she had to say at first and it was all new to me. The more information I received on the paranormal, life after death etc etc, it really is a matter of opinion and what she said was not the "be all end all" anymore. I used to like listening to her talk radio show on-line but now it seems as though she hardly mentions the subject matter promised and instead promotes her book and lectures the whole time with inbetween people asking her left and right who thier spirit guides are. I really have to cringe when she tells people about what to check on with them medically. "Get your pancreas checked" etc etc. I really hope she is on the mark and not sending these people on a wild goose chase. She once said that she didn't believe fairies existed and insisted they didn't until she saw one for herself. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.........Is she really an authority on everything unexplained?
Food for thought.
Sorry if I am getting off the subject

If Sylvia thinks that she is the sole authority of everything it's because we put her in our lives to make her think that. She has Montel to promote her as well. She probably prayed for a long time to get what she wanted and got it. I do not think she is the all or nothing on psychic anything. Because I have my own experiences she can be like all psychics, they can tell you things and it is up to you to believe them or not. I like to see what she says. I do believe one thing if we have psychic abilities we don't need Sylvia to tell us that we do or what happened. It is only when we allow her to be the one to tell us what happened she becomes the one to turn to because we allowed it. Get it!!!! Make sense. I don't need Sylvia... :(

#37 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:49 AM

thats nice that so many people have mentioned animals to be their soul mates. i love animals, my dog kelly who passed away three years ago was my best friend, she comforted me when i was feeling down and made me laugh when i wanted to cry.

i can connect with animals very easy and i hope one day i see her again. i feel this same connection with one of my rats [basil] he reminds me a lot of kelly [i know, it sounds silly but there is just something about him and the things he does that reminds me of my dog].

i now have a new pet, a rabbit called thumper. his personality is just starting to show, he is the cutest little lop eared rabbit and we have only had him three days but i think he's going to be a mischevious little darling! :(
Posted Image

#38 traveller

traveller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:history reincarnation and past lives givng a helping hand

Posted 27 October 2006 - 08:33 AM

I believe in them too. This life its my godmother who has been with me in my past lives as a friend andonce as a husband. the connection you share is so strong that it goes on and when you recognise eachother its a beautiful thing.

#39 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 27 October 2006 - 09:56 PM

I have a read a lot of folks here talk about how there love of a pet may sound silly. I am also guilty of saying so and I believe it was my very first thread here. It was about my cat that I had for 19 years that died and how I felt him lay on my head after. I wonder why we think it's silly to love an animal like family or a child. Many many people do. I did and it was a long fullfilling relationship. Perhaps we don't think it's silly personally but think other might think so. Anyhow, I LOVED MY PET and I miss him and I definately think he was a soulmate. A little soul that enriched my own soul and filled it with love. That may not be silly but is sure sounds sappy Hallmark hee hee

#40 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 29 October 2006 - 02:59 AM

I have a read a lot of folks here talk about how there love of a pet may sound silly. I am also guilty of saying so and I believe it was my very first thread here. It was about my cat that I had for 19 years that died and how I felt him lay on my head after. I wonder why we think it's silly to love an animal like family or a child. Many many people do. I did and it was a long fullfilling relationship. Perhaps we don't think it's silly personally but think other might think so. Anyhow, I LOVED MY PET and I miss him and I definately think he was a soulmate. A little soul that enriched my own soul and filled it with love. That may not be silly but is sure sounds sappy Hallmark hee hee

I don't really think it is silly either. My dogs and cats are my babies, the only ones I will have in this lifetime. I love my babies too. My dog, Rocky is probably the closest to a soulmate as I've ever had among all of my animals. He was supposed to be my partner's dog, but he made it very clear from the moment we brought him home, he was mine, no questions about it. I firmly believe that he would drop dead on the spot if he had to live without me. I love my babies, but it is really hard for me not to show partiality to Rocky.
Posted ImagePosted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users