#1 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 09 October 2006 - 04:43 PM

I am starting this thread as a way of understanding ( from others ) what it is that makes GhostVillage such a successful website and community. We all have our reasons and to each of us it is personal on some level . I do however , find that there is a common thread that binds us as a community . I have my reasons and since I started the thread , I'll go first :clap:

I have been a member of GhostVillage since November 01 2001 . I joined to further my education and to share my experiences as a paranormal investigator . What I found , was an open community of people who were accepting of one another even when they disagreed . GhostVillage was an investigators dream because there was no opinion bashing or childishness. There were only intelligent , openminded and caring people that seemed to share their experiences for the betterment of all involved . Opinions varied and we rarely all agreed on everything , but we did respect each other and the rights of each poster to state an open opinion without fear of being bashed or being shunned for not falling into the majority . I still see this going on here @ GhostVillage , only on a much larger scale. We have grown leaps and bounds since 01 . Our members numbers have gone through the roof compared to what they were then .

Another special part of GV to me is the fact that I feel like I am a part of a huge family that winds its way quite literally around the world . We as Villagers come from all walks of life but have GhostVillage as a common thread . I like that I have a Moon Bro in Bangalore, India. And that I have friends in Canada and all over the US as well as the UK. Eventhough we all live in differing cultures in a way , we still respect and care for each other . What a huge gift it is to know you all .

I recently went through surgery for cancer and by the grace of your prayers and good thoughts and wishes , my prognosis is very good. The final pathology showed that all of the cancer seems to have been removed with the surgery . 2 feet of my colon was removed along with ( 12 lymphnodes ...just to be on the safe side ) . Everything has come back negative for cancer . It actually appreas that at this point I am cancer free. My oncologist may still want to do some kemo just to be sure that no cells escaped during the surgical removal . My suregon seems to think that this wont be necessary , but we ( the doctors and I ) feel that its always best to play the safe side.

While GhostVillage by its very nature is a Paranormal Website , there is so much more that goes on far and beyond the search for evidence of life after death. There is unconditional love and friendship that takes place as a result of people simply getting together. GhostVillage is a blessing and is a resource that goes far beyond just searching for ghosts. It is a phenomenon that brings human beings together to bond in ways that can often be quite unexpected.

My question is simple ....What does GhostVillage mean to you ?

I love GhostVillage and extend best wishes to each and every Villager.

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#2 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 05:57 PM

First of all, congrats Rockhauler, on your successful cancer treatment! That's great news!

Secondly, I haven't been posting here long, not as long as a lot of people, but right away I felt a warm welcome from people and it made me more comfortable in posting my experiences. I came here for answers and others' opinions, and I got so much more than that; it feels pretty awesome to be part of a community where people are kind and respectful and open to whatever you have to say. It is truly a place that I can be proud to be a part of.
For some of us it's a long way from the cradle to the gravePosted Image

#3 kats_god

kats_god

Has a problem with gas?

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 30,378 posts
  • Interests:Art

Posted 09 October 2006 - 06:01 PM

I first came to the village looking for information on hauntings and such. After being here for 3 years I have learned a great deal and made alot of close dear friends (You know who you are). Ghostvillage has become a second home for me.
Check out my artwork at:http://www.jimdemick.com/
and on Facebook
Posted Image https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Art-of-Jim-Demick/261669903877527

Posted ImagePosted Image

"There are some things money can't buy...A good imagination is one of them

#4 Ambra

Ambra

Should not travel without a map

• PipPipPip
  • 219 posts
  • Interests:Ghosts, of course, reading, arts and crafts, particularly cross-stitch, movies.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:06 PM

Rockhauler--first off, I'm glad everything went well with your surgery and I wish you a speedy, full recovery. I agree with you on the chemo--better safe than sorry!

I came to Ghostvillage after buying one of Jeff's books that had the site address. I wanted to be able to communicate with other people who have had experiences like myself without fearing that I'd be judged as "crazy". I've come to enjoy the site beyond the paranormal aspect of it; everyone here is so friendly and open, no matter what is being discussed. I didn't realize how important that is until I recently had a bad experience on another, non-paranormal site where a friend of mine was bashed by the so-called "leadership" of the forum while she was in the hospital in critical condition and unable to respond to what was being said about her. I left that site because of that incident but it really opened my eyes to just how lucky I am to belong to a site like this.
I got smacked by aloha spirit!Posted Image

#5 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 08:09 PM

I knew you were a strong person Rock!!! Glad to see your doing so wonderful------BIG HUG!

This is a great topic to talk about.

I will get back to this in a bit...got to run!

But I'm so happy your recovering and have returned to us!

:clap:
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 09 October 2006 - 09:46 PM

~Rockhauler...you're a true blessing here & I'm so glad to see that the power of prayer is still as strong as ever.

~Ghost Village means alot to me because this seems to be the only place on Earth where you can go and feel like you're the missing piece to a very big family. And once you're here, everyone makes you feel like "What the heck took you so long in gettin' here?!" I love my family here at GV. I can truly be me and know that I'm not going to be judged (well, maybe except for the Jim Belushi in my fish tank picture) by where I live, who I am, what I drive, or my beliefs. I've made some of the most dearest of friends here, and they just keep coming by the armfulls. Everytime I get on here at GV, it's like we're all sitting around this big 'ol dining room table talkin' over great food & drinks. Even though some may disagree with others, the respect is still there...and I really like that. Thank you Jeff, for bringing us all together. Your place at the table is at the front. :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 cheercoach05

cheercoach05

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 162 posts
  • Interests:cheerleading, the supernatural, spending time with my family

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:13 AM

First of all, Rockhauler, Good Luck with everything in the future!

To me, GhostVillage is so special because it is different than other sites and message boards. The people here are very mature, open, honest, accepting, and interesting! I found out about GhostVillage while thumbing through books in the book store. I came across one of Jeff's books and made a mental note to check out the website when I got home. I've been here ever since! I love having a place I can go every single day, read or discuss my fave topic in the world, and nobody here thinks I'm crazy! I've never had any experiences to share, but I love reading about everybody else's. I've made some great friends here, that I never would of "met" otherwise. I think Jeff really had a great idea when he started this site, and the popularity of GhostVillage only proves that!
:weeee:
"I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do believe in spooks. I do believe in spooks. I do! I do! I do! I do!" - The Cowardly Lion

#8 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:56 PM

What a great topic!

I've been interested in the paranormal for many years, but I've learned more since being here than in all the time before. I believe it was no accident that I stumbled across GV. From the very beginning, I was made to feel like I belonged. That fact made it different from all the other sites out there. The people here are tolerant of other's opinions and beliefs. They have shown that it's okay to agree to disagree sometimes. It's okay to have your own opinion.

The friendships that are made here are for life, and for that I'm eternally grateful. Never in my wildest dreams did I imagine that I would be sharing my interest with people all over the world. And yet, as wide spread as GV is, it's got a homey atmosphere. These people are more than friends...they're family. :)
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#9 Lamuris

Lamuris

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts
  • Interests:varied too many to list

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:31 PM

First I want to say,Congratulations on your recovery Rockhauler! Its a good idea to follow through with chemo I think too. I found ghost village while surfing one day, and haven't left. My first empression was of being granted courtesy while talking to other people about things i've experianced, or beleive, that most people I knew didn't understand. I always look forward to reading others opinions and beliefs and am glad to be part of this community. I could ramble on but just want to finish by saying I agree with what everyone above me has written.

#10 Justa

Justa

Champion YMCA dancer and professional spaghetti nose shooter

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,497 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:21 PM

I guess the first thing would to be to address how I got here. I've been here for just over 3 years now. About 3 and a half years ago, I met somebody online and we got along really well. We had a lot in common, shared a lot of the same interests, and became good friends. We spent many nights up talking til 3 in the morning about anything and everything. One night she asked if she could show me something. Of course I said yes, and with some trepidation she showed me Ghostvillage. Why the trepidation? Because she didn't know if I would laugh at her belief in the paranormal or not. A lot of our villagers have posted that they have been laughed at by others for their beliefs. But I didn't laugh at all, I joined immediately, and found a very warm and welcoming community. I have learned a lot from reading the various forums. I have met some wonderful people. When I needed help, the villagers were here to support me. Jeff Belanger gave me the opportunity to tell my own story in one of his books, in the hopes that it would help others, and by doing so, he gave me an instrument that has allowed me to show those around me what I am dealing with, when I could not talk about it.

I have watched many of our members face hard times and come to the village for help and support. I have watched those who have been shunned by others for their beliefs find comfort and solace in the village. I have watched the village band together when the oddballs out there try to create havoc. It doesn't matter if you are a moderator, a first time poster, or one of the founding members... we are all treated equally, with respect, and are welcomed as part of the family.

What does Ghostvillage mean to me? It means an extended family, a safe haven to come to, and a warm caring atmosphere, where I can learn, I can share, and I can teach.

Some people have found Ghostvillage by using their browsers, by word of mouth, by trial and error, or by blind luck. I found Ghostvillage, or should I say, Ghostvillage found me, through a dear friend... thank you Willow :ghost:
Posted Image

#11 Willow

Willow

A sweet kindhearted person, who would dish dirt on her?

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 12 October 2006 - 10:32 PM

:ghost: You're very welcome Justa, thank you for coming to join and most of all for your friendship*it really means the world to me* :lol: You also took the words right out of my mouth in what GV has come to mean to me...

"It means an extended family, a safe haven to come to, and a warm caring atmosphere, where I can learn, I can share, and I can teach."
Either write things worth reading,
Or do things worth the writing.

Posted Image

#12 MrGrey

MrGrey

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,528 posts
  • Interests:Guitar, mountain biking and general fitness, and ofcourse anything supernaturel, and now also Red vs Blue.

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:37 AM

Hey rock

Great to hear that your doing great, i had a slight scare in my dirty belows about a year or so ago hehe! but thank the stars above that it was nothng although i can still feel it there, sorry if i'm going into too much detail lol.

Anyway ghostvillage is special to me not just for the vast information of ghosts and other paranormal stuff but mainly because of the people i've met here, this was the first site i ever really got into in a major way and i enjoy every single minute of this place, and i hope it never stops;)
You're sorta stuck where you areBut, in your dreams you can buy expensive cars,or live on mars and have it your wayAnd you hate your boss at your jobwell in your dreams you can blow his head offin your dreams show no mercy]Posted Image

#13 spelling

spelling

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 13 October 2006 - 02:08 AM

rock, this IS what makes GV special! everyone cares about each other in one way or another. i think i can safely say that after reading your post that you will see the out pour of concern and care that radiates from us . in the short time that i have been here, i feel like i've vented , cried, shared happiness, concern, etc with all and have been accepted. there aren't many places you can do that. and by the way.. keep up the positive attitude, you going to be just fine! :ghost:

#14 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 13 October 2006 - 10:02 AM

Well, this site means alot to me. It's hard to put in specific words, but I'll try. I feel welcome here, and not ridiculed for any beliefs I may have. It's the same for all of us, I suppose. I enjoy sharing my thoughts and learning about methods that others use in their research. It's like a second home, which sounds silly when you consider this is a virtual community. I cherish my friends here and my time as well.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#15 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 13 October 2006 - 12:04 PM

Well, alot of you are aware of an earlier "LOVE FEST" thread that I started in giving thanks to the lovely people that I have met here on G.V.. I came here when I needed a place to go to relearn how to write and spell and even to form thoughts etc. after my traumatic brain injury.

I stayed of course because the people here are unlike any of the other forums I tried. Most have been extremely kind and cosiderate and tolerent of others (an online rarity).

Besides, Moonie kept sending me charming e-cards and IM"s, I had to stay! :whoohoo: :weeee:

P.S. Rock on Rock baby! Whirly Dude

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users