• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#16 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 09 December 2001 - 05:31 PM

Cindy I just read you post.  :'(That was very touching,it must have been a great comfort to you to know that your dad is still watching over you and yours.I think you right about kids beening able to see clearly untill they get older and their sight get clouded except for those lucky ones that can retain their gift.My dad passed before my grandson was born,when Jeffrey was about 2 he seen something that had belonged to my dad.He said that was pappaw's but he's not here now..just out of the blue.It sent chill up my spine. Life is a wonderus thing ;)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#17 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 10 December 2001 - 05:23 AM

Indeed it is... ;)
~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#18 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 12 December 2001 - 01:04 PM

Very nice story Cindy and very touching. This kind of thing happens alot more than folks like to admit. Just think what you'd have thought if you wernt so finely tuned to all this  ???. My 2 year old does it too but not as much lately . I have seen her looking over my shoulder while I'm holding her and smiling at something but she just hasent told me who yet  ;). Kids are so open to everything and are perfect upon birth . Everything they learn is learned through our behavior or example . Im glad your daughter got to meet your dad.  ;)
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#19 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 13 December 2001 - 04:56 AM

So am I Rock:)

Hopefully someday shell beable to get that gift working again.It would be nice to have 2 of us in he family.See as far back as I can go..noone else has been gifted.

#20 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 13 December 2001 - 11:37 AM

Im sure that since you are gifted and have sight that you will easily see it in her . I had a hard time as a child because I knew if I told folks I'd be in therapy 3 days a week lol  ;D. Its a special thing that works for me best in circumstances where I am not emotionally involved . It becomes much more clouded in personal affairs but when it involves others its as clear as a bell.  ;) I only know that I really appreciate having it and have only used it for the betterment of anyone I read for or help.
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#21 HauntedUSA.com

HauntedUSA.com
  • -2 posts

Posted 30 January 2002 - 10:57 AM

Wonderful story, thats the type of Ghost Story i like to read.

#22 lousgal45

lousgal45

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 14 September 2002 - 11:20 PM

Hi Cindy, I am new here and just read this post. I just want to let you know she will remember this later on in life. I am 47 years old and I can remember my dad coming and sitting on my bed and talking and telling me things like I will always be there to watch over you. You see my dad passed away about 4 months before I was born, so I never knew him. I have 3 older brothers that did know him and when I would tell them things about my dad they would always tell me I was stupid and how did I know them things. I really think they thought something was wrong with me, until my mom passed away 13 yrs ago. My oldest brother came to me and apologized to me for doubting me on what I would say. Because you see my mom started making nightly visits to him. Now he admits to the things I would say when I was little that they where true about my dad. Now I know who my guardian angels are. Thanks for listening.

#23 FaerieBad

FaerieBad

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 08:17 AM

That was a nice story. It is good that your daughter can visit with her grandfather and get to know him. Hopefully she will remember this later on in life and will not be scared by it.

I think that children are very open to things such as this and I see it often in my boyfriend's daughter. She says she talks to "fairys" all the time and sees them in a lot of different places. Sometimes I wish I had her perception.

I vaugely remember my "imaginary friend" as well but it was not a relation. My father who was separated from my mother had bought an old house he was renovating. I'm sorry I can't remember her name but she played with me when I stayed there when I was 3-5 years old. He moved out of the house when I was 5.
Talking to my father when I was much older, the subject of the house came up and I told him about it. He told me that the reason the house was sold to him was because the former owner's only daughter had died there from illness five years beforehand. The couple divorced the year before it was sold because they could never get over the loss.

#24 Aurelia

Aurelia

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 293 posts
  • Interests:I love a little mystery in things. I am also a person who sees a "haunted" place that scares everyone else, and I add it to my list of places to go. My #1 interest to date is my son.

Posted 15 September 2002 - 01:01 PM

Perception is everything.  I saw a lot of things, and had a lot of "friends"...luckily for me I was too stubborn to believe that it was wrong.  My sister had an "friend" when she was about 1-6.  It was a little girl named Mae.  A real cute redheaded little girl, kinda like a Cabbage Patch.  From age one, objects would float towards my sister, and when she lay in bed, there would be a spot in the bed where someone else was laying.  My mother saw things move, but refused to believe it, she blocked it out and called my sister immature.  It's unfortunate that she had to treat her in such a way...because I would love to know if any "gifts" come from my mother's side as well.  My children will know from day one that it's alright to associate with the dead...as long as they're good dead people.
You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

#25 Freaked_Out

Freaked_Out

• Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 September 2002 - 01:38 PM

but,shes only 9 and isnt well aputting her thoughts into words yet.

I'm 32 years old, and even at my age, I have trouble putting my thougts into words.;)

#26 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 16 September 2002 - 07:41 AM

Hey  everyone..thanks for reading the post ;)

Its shame that she doesnt have encounters right now.But its ok..she'll rememeber them someday.Then they will be precious to her.She'll be older and able to understand more and except it easier.

I encourage all my children to  tell about thier imaginary friends or anything of the such.They view these things and normal..thats how I  want it to be.

My dad watches over all of us and we all know that ;)

#27 redrum21

redrum21

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 26 September 2002 - 05:53 PM

i sorta have the same things happening to me....you can read a lil bit about it under the topic "wondering about a few things" it deals with my ex-girlfriend who died a lil over a year ago....i have alot of experiences with her.

#28 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 09:18 AM

Im sorry for your loss redrum21..hope your doing okay.

#29 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 09:18 AM

Im sorry for your loss redrum21..hope your doing okay.

#30 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 27 September 2002 - 06:14 PM

:'( :-*
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users