• Please log in to reply
62 replies to this topic

#1 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 07:02 AM

Im not sure if this counts as "my" personal encounter because it was my middle daughters but,shes only 9 and isnt well aputting her thoughts into words yet. So here it is..When she was little and I mean little like under 5 and as far back as birth  she, had *visitors*.She could and would often be heard in her bedroom alone at nap or bed time talking.I dont mean just baby babble but,actually holding a decent conversation.When she was a wee bit older I would catch her up at nap time  looking out her bedroom window as if she was looking and talking to someone through the window.She would giggle and laugh .And at bed time at night she would talk to someone.She would just be in there talking ever so softly.Well finally when she was about 2 1/2 I asked her one day as she was having a conversation."Sarah,who are you talking to"?Well her answer was amazingly shocking.She simply said"My friend Wendell"My heart stopped,jaw hit the ground and tears and rolled out of my eyes.Wendell is my father who passed away in 1979 when I was 10.He passed aay in our house where we live to this day.Sarah neer knew him,heard of him or even saw a picture.But when asked to describe  her *friend* she described my father to a tee.She said he would play with her and talk to her at night and tell her things.Not to be afaid of him,that I loved her very much and things of the such.As she got older she didnt play with Wendell as much  and slowly like all good things thier daily visits came to an end.But Im glad she saw him,met him and talked with him and Im glad he came around then and now.Sarah has no concious memeory of these visits now but ,I hopeing some day she rememebers.
~*Lifes Blessings*~ ~*Cindy*~

#2 Jeanne

Jeanne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 01:19 PM

Cindy, all I can say is WOW!

#3 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 06 June 2001 - 01:32 PM

I know really.What else can you say.Even I just went..WOWWWW.

#4 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 08 June 2001 - 08:33 AM

Oh, Cindy that is so sweet. :'(

Posted Image

Perfer et obdura; dolor hic tibi proderit olim. --Ovid--

#5 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:19 AM

Yeah..it definalty was comforting:)

#6 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts
  • Interests:“If you’re going to dine with the devil, make sure you have a long spoon.”

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:26 AM

Yeah, it's nice 2 no he's there. ;)

Posted Image

#7 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:29 AM

Always..... ;)

#8 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:31 AM

Whew. Still got tears in the eyes.

Posted Image

#9 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:39 AM

Ok Pan wayyyyyy to many tears today..are you PMSING?..lol..Trust me I could really tell everyone some storys that make you cry.They all have to do with my son after he died..But dont wanna bring the house down today its to nice out..another time.

#10 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:42 AM

LOL, no pms today! ;) Yeah whenever U wanna tell me that story.

Posted Image

#11 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 09:52 AM

I will ;)

#12 Persia

Persia

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,281 posts

Posted 08 June 2001 - 10:02 AM

Kewl Beenz. ;)

Posted Image

#13 Light_of_Hope

Light_of_Hope

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 October 2001 - 05:42 AM

:'( wow....that so so sweet...Made me want to cry! Why doesnt anything inetersting like this happen to me?! WHY?! err...I el stop now! Anyhoo,that was so touching! and...I jus spilled soda all over myself... ;)

#14 momma

momma

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 31 October 2001 - 06:51 PM

Cindy,
My 2 year old daughter does the same thing. I hear her talking to someone. She is just now getting to where you can understand her. She also carries a conversation on with someone. I'll hear her in the mornings sometimes telling whoever it is that she loves them and she is trying to give them her baby. (she sleeps with a pink stuffed baby, one of those kind you can throw into the washer, all clothe type)She will tell whoever it is to give her a specific toy that is in her room. There have many times that I have walked in there and that toy is moved.  :o Explain that to me?? She seems to pick up on "things" too. They say the little ones are far more open minded than alot of adults who think they are. LOL

#15 Cindy

Cindy

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 01 November 2001 - 06:25 AM

Children are alwasy more receptive becasue no one has told them its "wrong" yet.To them its very normal and everyones does it.Its society thats wrong thats all.
I encourage you to encourage her.Dont dismiss it as nothing..Im sure you dont.Let her have her "friends" and encourage her to interact with them,talk to them and to be comfy with this.Ask her about them repeatedly.Sooner or later youll get a response.It may also help for you to try and get in touch with whoever it is.Obviously they are trying to make contact with this side and see your dd as an open portal.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users