30 replies to this topic

#16 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 09:22 AM

Hi all,

I was just wondering what EMF reader you guys use to measure the EMF levels from limestone, only last wee i ordered in a Trifield natural EMF reader as it iseems to be better then the crappy luckybag ones i have.
There are a number of limestone buildings near me , it would be interesting to get a snap shot of what you call "high" EMF readings, as I guess this sort of thing will have to be my baby on future incestigations?

Hey stoner, I love your members name. The emf that we use is made by A.W. Sperry. It's range is between 0.1-199.9m gauss. The darn garn gang(Ghost Hunters) on Sci-Fi uses the same emf tester as us. It is pretty accurate when using on an investigation. We love it! It lets us know when a true spirit is around us. :clap: Dave

Hi Dave,
I'm shopping for EMF readers myself. Is your A.W. Sperry a tri-field? I know this probably isn't the place for this question, but could you give me a little bit more info or maybe pm me? I've been researching meters but I was just hoping to get a personal opinion about one.

Thanks!

#17 matt32

matt32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 November 2006 - 02:30 AM

about time a new idea popped up!!! im in the shadows reading silently and will give my two cents when something is of interest, that said yes yes yes limestone why not? humidity at 95 to 99 percent an limestone seems to be very porous material maybe such that water may even be drawn from it.. we did mention the dew point and the manifestation of ghostly figures somewhere? hmmm how does temperature effect this? after all there seems to be a drop in temperature when ghost stuff happens... i imagine that the limestone fits in to the equation as being a great holder of water vapor or ice crystals that when activate release h20 in a mist form.. anyhow your on to something here.. although limestone wont explain all paranormal phenomena it does seem to facilitate it...

matt32

#18 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 02 November 2006 - 03:05 PM

Hey Grimmy, that is the name of the EMF we use, no harm in asking here...happy to help, and they are rather easy to use. Dave can fill you in more if you want todrop him a pm on anymore techincal type questions...he's more in control in that area than I am, I stick with the research, history, and use some of our equipment on the investigations. Glad you like the topic Matt, it has taken much time linking the information what we have, but as much as I believe the limestone might play into this theory it seems to fit with into a puzzle, so to speak, in helping determine this haunting effect. We can not conclusive have the limestone take full credit for the hauntings, if that would be the case then every quarry and building would be haunted, right? So, I went back to my drawing board and books, sratching my head, to find out what else could help play into this. I fully understand that every building does not need a tragic occurance to percieve a haunting, but hey, normally it helps justfy at least somethings. Remember the vortex video that we posted on GV awhile back? As much evidence that we previously obtained before that footage...it has not been all the evp we have collected, or the photo footage, or even personal experinces and data we collected... I decided to go back and do an overview of the vortex again, that was just a maginicent and extrodinary mass of energy that was produced, to think how much energy that encompassed is in measurable. Just an awesome piece of indisputable solid evidence. So, going back through my books I went through energy vortexes and came into how the limestone might play in part with the votex. Here's what I read: whoops sorry every one...short intermission...part 1 and two coming up in two hours...I have to get my girls from school and Hannah to baton lessons. Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#19 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:02 AM

Thanks, Julie, and I'll pm Dave. I want to buy the correct one so I'm doing as much research as I can on them. I would have bought one earlier on in this crazy ghost gig, but I spent money on other equipment because I thought they were more important. There's the money factor too as I'm sure all of us ghost seekers understand! I just chip away and buy pieces when I can. :whee:

#20 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 05 November 2006 - 07:57 AM

Dave, is this the only place that you are aware that has limestone nearby or underneath? Have you been to other locations that it is fact, that limestone is underneath and that it is incredibly haunted?

Good question! This is the first building that we investigated that is made up of all limestone. We did our investigation the other weekend and we were getting high emf in certain locations, but the numbers would fluxuate time to time in the same spot. I also did am emf sweep of the outside of the building on the day of the investigation. The emf readings were .000 to .001 all the way around. No high emf readings at all. So now I just don't know about this mineral. But I do know it is a train station for the paranormal. That night we did get positive results with our other equipment. The reporter experienced a cold spot in the balcony where we caught the vortex on video. He told me that his hands turned suddenly numb. And he was trying to rub his hands and arms to get make the warmth again. I had asked him "you walked through a cold spot, didn't you? he told me "yes, I think". We also captured some good evp(5) that night. Again they told us to "go away". That just won't happend, lol! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#21 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 11:25 AM

AAhhhh..good thread and something I have been looking into for a few years. I certainly believe that environmental surroundings are responsible for a large part of what we deem as paranormal experiences. Here is a link to a study that was done about this some years ago
http://www.dimaggio....ic/originof.htm
You might also google and read about the following
Dr. Michael Persinger
Dr. Richard Lord
Dr. Richard Wiseman
the stone tape theory
Bobbie Atristain
All of these have to do with your project. When researching your locations you can contact teh US geological survey and find out the geological composition on the area. I would also find out as much as you can regarding the materials used to build the structure involved. I believe that certain materials have this same propensity for "recording and playback" if you will. I also believe that this is where the paranormal community should concentrate.
After isolating what materials have this capability we should then look and see if this stimuli is causing our brains to hallucinate or release forgotten memories of is they are transmitting foreign images that we are receiving and assimilating internally. Good luck and keep us posted

As for the EMF meter thing....the only meter i know of that absolutely shouldnt be carried around is the tri-field. We use a 200A for sweeps, and yes sudden movement will cause it to give a flase reading but as long as one is aware of this and compensates it shouldnt cause any problems. We also use stationary EMF arrays.

#22 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 01:03 PM

Hmmmm......it's my understanding that a Tri-field works best since you can set it so you get the data that you are hoping to find. No sense using a piece of equipment that is going to be set off by every bit of wiring, etc. at the location. :whee:

#23 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:28 PM

yeah trust me you do not want to carry a tri-field around.....

#24 juliet_keller

juliet_keller

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,841 posts
  • Interests:Nursing, Softball, Kids, and My Man

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:33 PM

Okay this is what I started writing the other day when I had to rush off was the parelle cordination between the limestone and the energy vortex:

Vortexes are invisble locations on the earth emtting natural electrical and magnetic energy sources. These energy forces flow in and out of the earth like whirlwind tornados. Paranormal activity is often very high in these locations. Animals can act wild or afraid. People see strange lights and experience paranormal events. Mystical healing can occur. The earth can turn color and rocks can magnetize. Compasses go out of whack and sensitive electrical equipment fails. The unquie energy from vortexes cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted. Individiuals who interact with a vortex can feel the energy flow through their bodies. The energies electric, magnetic or both (electromagnetic)> These energies flow into and out of the earth. Each location will have different effects depending on the amount of energy at the location. Vortexes do not necessarily create paranormal activity. The vortexes energy enhances psychic abilities allowing people to expierence the paranormal activity that is already occuring in that area. The vortex energies also enhance the paranormal forces causing them to happen more frequently. When Scientist examined many of these vortexes, they discovered that the vortexes were geophysical anomalies. Scientists acknowledge that locations with a vortex have unexplained electromagnetic fields, large amounts of charged ion particles flowing in the air, and cause biochemical reactions within living organisms. Scientists also discovered that all of these vortex anomolies increase days before drastic geological changes like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The tremndous tension and friction underneath the earth's crust drives the energies upward from deep inside the earth. The pressure builds up until the energies are pushed out of the earth. As the energies flow, rates increase. So does paranormal activity. When people come into contact with vortexes, they can feel the eneregy interacting with their own electromagnetic fields. The energy interaction is believed to be a catalyst in healing effects and in many other paranormal events that witnesses report experiencing. Scientists have established that certain biochemical reactions occur in living creatures as a result of coming into contact with energy vortexes. Every person will react differently at each vortex because everyone has a different electromagnetic field.

So this is just the tip of what I'm getting at, I have to put my girls down for bed, do you see hoe I am trying to tie these two together the paranormal with the limestone? Julie
You know our love was meant to be, the kind of love that lasts foreverAnd I want you here with, from tonight until the end of time,You're the meaning in my life, You're the inspiration,You bring feeling to my life, You're the inspiration,No one needs you more than I need you...You're the Inspiration~ChicagoI Love You, Baby!Julie and Dave are "The Spirit Stalkers of Ohio"www.thespiritstalkersofohio.webs.comCome see what we are all about, our galleries of evidence, and we would love for you to sign our guest book!

#25 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 07:58 PM

oh absoluetly...look up some of those keywords i posted and you will find a plethora of information about this subject

#26 damckie

damckie

My innersoul rides on a big fluffy cloud....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,113 posts
  • Interests:Ghost Hunting!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hanging with my best friend and soulmate

Posted 08 November 2006 - 04:22 PM

Okay this is what I started writing the other day when I had to rush off was the parelle cordination between the limestone and the energy vortex:

Vortexes are invisble locations on the earth emtting natural electrical and magnetic energy sources. These energy forces flow in and out of the earth like whirlwind tornados. Paranormal activity is often very high in these locations. Animals can act wild or afraid. People see strange lights and experience paranormal events. Mystical healing can occur. The earth can turn color and rocks can magnetize. Compasses go out of whack and sensitive electrical equipment fails. The unquie energy from vortexes cannot be seen, smelled, or tasted. Individiuals who interact with a vortex can feel the energy flow through their bodies. The energies electric, magnetic or both (electromagnetic)> These energies flow into and out of the earth. Each location will have different effects depending on the amount of energy at the location. Vortexes do not necessarily create paranormal activity. The vortexes energy enhances psychic abilities allowing people to expierence the paranormal activity that is already occuring in that area. The vortex energies also enhance the paranormal forces causing them to happen more frequently. When Scientist examined many of these vortexes, they discovered that the vortexes were geophysical anomalies. Scientists acknowledge that locations with a vortex have unexplained electromagnetic fields, large amounts of charged ion particles flowing in the air, and cause biochemical reactions within living organisms. Scientists also discovered that all of these vortex anomolies increase days before drastic geological changes like earthquakes and volcanic eruptions. The tremndous tension and friction underneath the earth's crust drives the energies upward from deep inside the earth. The pressure builds up until the energies are pushed out of the earth. As the energies flow, rates increase. So does paranormal activity. When people come into contact with vortexes, they can feel the eneregy interacting with their own electromagnetic fields. The energy interaction is believed to be a catalyst in healing effects and in many other paranormal events that witnesses report experiencing. Scientists have established that certain biochemical reactions occur in living creatures as a result of coming into contact with energy vortexes. Every person will react differently at each vortex because everyone has a different electromagnetic field.

So this is just the tip of what I'm getting at, I have to put my girls down for bed, do you see hoe I am trying to tie these two together the paranormal with the limestone? Julie

WOW! :hug: Again! Tell me more later honey! Dave
Two hearts drawn together bound by destiny. Every road leads to your door...."Will you still love me?" By Chicago. Love is the reason we'll never be alone. In love, in love.... "I believe." By Chicago. I LOVE YOU JULIET!!! The Spirit Stalker of Ohio "BREAK ON THROUGH TO THE OTHER SIDE" The Doors! GOOD DAVE HUNTING

#27 bizkithill

bizkithill

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 08 November 2006 - 08:52 PM

that is all conjecture

#28 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 08:54 AM

Everything about ghosts is conjecture...

#29 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 09 November 2006 - 01:50 PM

yeah trust me you do not want to carry a tri-field around.....

Actually, carrying around a Trifield is fine as long as it's omni-directional and you understand the calibration. It's a Trifield Natural you don't won't to carrying around with you due to it being single direction and I do believe unweighted. You can do it, but keeping it focused in the direction you're getting your readings from can be tricky.

At least I think this is what I remember reading. Sorry if I got it all mixed up! :explode:

#30 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 09 November 2006 - 06:38 PM

"Scientists have established that certain biochemical reactions occur in living creatures as a result of coming into contact with energy vortexes."

Our blood has iron in it, is iron not magnetic? Do you think you might be affected if the magnetesim of the fluids in your body were suddenly altered?

On the one MRI I have had done on me, I didn't feel any closer to the paranormal world. I did feel the effects of the magnetism though.

Just trying to point out more sides of the issue. lol
Dave
Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users