• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 22 October 2006 - 08:22 PM

Hoping someone here at GV has the answer to this one...

Do you believe there is sometimes a connection between flies and paranormal activity? If so, do you know the reason behind the association?

Thanks!

Edited by Holly, 22 October 2006 - 08:34 PM.

Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#2 beccaluvsghostsntexas

beccaluvsghostsntexas

Looking for some frozen butt snowfairies.......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts
  • Interests:Anything paranormal!

Posted 22 October 2006 - 09:25 PM

I have always believed that flies signify a demonic presence. I have had a couple of experiences where a fly or flies were involved & with those experiences I do believe that they can be a sign of something.
It's just Becca Posted Image

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 22 October 2006 - 10:26 PM

The first thing that came to mind when I read your post Holly, was odor. Maybe the pungent (sp?) odor of a nasty-wicked spirit attracks them (& we all know how nasty flies are). I'm sorry I'm not much help, but that's what I'd have to think. I've heard and read that ill spirits let off a foul odor. Good question!!! :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 Holly

Holly

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,441 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:13 AM

Thank you, Becca and Laurie Ann ~ Your answers make sense to me..

I'm asking this question because a friend of mine has noticed some unusual sounds around her home. She could explain away a few of them, but not all. And now they are being inundated with flies, which has never happened to them before. She said for every one she gets with a swatter, she feels like there are three more.

So, she's not a happy girl! Besides the flies being disgusting, she just thought it was too peculiar that they started coming around when she started hearing the strange sounds.

She's never had one little bit of activity in her home until now.

They're going to make sure there isn't a dead animal somewhere maybe below the house or in the walls or fireplace, etc..They don't smell anything, but they want to make sure.
Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#5 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 23 October 2006 - 07:36 AM

I have always associated flies with paranormal activity. Although I always get flies in the house in the fall when it starts to get cold out. If you get alot in a concentrated area I would think there might be something. One time I got about a hundred flies in the bathroom (which is very clean as I am a neat freak) For a week, I kept killing them one after the other. It was so freaky and gross. Those big lazy ones. I thought Laurie Ann had a good point that flies are attracted to pungent odors and that demon spirits can smell.

#6 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 23 October 2006 - 08:52 AM

I've never associated insects with anything paranormal. It's always best to eliminate the mundane, though. It's the time of year when all insects are busy looking for warmth - instincts of self preservation. After they check for dead animals, rotting food that a racoon, possum, or even stray cat may have left somewhere, etc., then they should go to a good hardware store and get some bug bombs that you set off in the basement and leave the house for a few hours. If the flies come back real sudden, then there may be something else going on. Tell them they aren't looking for flies in one place, but looking for maggots. Oh, and speaking of cats, if they have one and a litter box - flies lay eggs there too. If the cat might have a special place it sneaks to to do businiess (sometimes they go in the box, and a crawlspace for instance) and it doesn't get picked up, and you don't know about it... I mention it because this did happen to us. Good luck!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#7 angelinayorke

angelinayorke

Addicted to White Castle Cheeseburgers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts
  • Interests:THE RED SOX,religion, Reading, music, the paranormal (ESPECIALLY when it involves Mental hospitals/asylums), history, law/crimes/serial killers/what makes em' tick ,the Steelers, hiking

Posted 23 October 2006 - 11:49 AM

I think Redhead is right, it's getting cold and they're looking for somewhere warm to hide.
I've got fruit flies invading my house (as do my mom and my best friend who is the cleanest person on the face of the planet) so once she kills the ones in the house and they get a good, deep frost, they should be gone. It is incredibly aggrevating!
Boston, you know we love you madly,Hear the crowd roar to your sound,Don't blame us if we ever doubt you,You know we couldn't live without you, Tessie, you are the only only only (RED SOX YOU ARE THE ONLY ONES)~Dropkick Murphys

#8 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 23 October 2006 - 03:16 PM

Here it's box elder bugs and those little orange Japanese beetles that look a little like ladybugs. What a pain in the patootie!
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#9 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 25 October 2006 - 06:26 PM

We get those big stink bugs this time of year. So many! And when you kill them, they don't smell bad, they just smell weird. Ewwwwwwww I hate them.

#10 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 27 October 2006 - 03:34 AM

We usually get a lot of those little orange lady-bug looking things too, but this year I didn't see any of them. It just occured to me that I haven't seen any. How weird.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#11 Roadkill

Roadkill

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Interests:Checking out "haunted Areas" and posting about them on my site, Playing Drums (yes I'm a musician too), Web Design, fast cars, and well.....everything else on a need to know basis hmmm---kay?

Posted 27 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

Sometime back, I read that flies search for fresh carcasses in which to lay their eggs, so the larvae (Maggots) can feed on the carcass until they've fully developed. Sometimes spirits "emit" that fresh carcass odor. It just may be possible that flies can also "smell" the odor, Go to it's source, only to find nothing but the odor. so they hang around the area in question searching for the source of the odor. So they may be able to smell it but not see it.
They're Here!

#12 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 27 October 2006 - 02:24 PM

We usually get a lot of those little orange lady-bug looking things too, but this year I didn't see any of them. It just occured to me that I haven't seen any. How weird.

You know what Raven...usually we get those little boogers bad here too, they get all over my windows (on the inside!) and I didn't see a one this year! This is strange in deed!!!!
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#13 nadinek

nadinek

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 12:22 AM

You know what Raven...usually we get those little boogers bad here too, they get all over my windows (on the inside!) and I didn't see a one this year! This is strange in deed!!!!

I once kept hearing the sounds of flies buzzing when there where none??? I was also going thru some emotional stuff at that time.... maybe the two were related?

#14 Chimera

Chimera

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 120 posts

Posted 04 November 2006 - 11:45 AM

Do you think the temeperatur difference when a spirit appears makes it attractive for the flies to flock together?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users