Does Hell exist?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#16 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 29 October 2006 - 10:45 PM

I feel that hell is not much more than a separation from God. In the Bible, after Jesus rose from the dead, he decended into hell. I feel this hell was more of a purgatory. Jesus decended into this hell to free the tormented souls. That is my interpretation.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#17 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts
  • Interests:Art, Paganism, Animals

Posted 29 October 2006 - 11:34 PM

I have to say, even when I was a practicing Christian, the concept of hell was one I could not accept. I don't understand a loving god who would throw his beloved children into eternal torment. A temporary time out, possibly, but not eternal.

I guess my vision of heaven and hell is very similar to the ideas expressed in the movie "What Dreams May Come." I know that it is just a movie, but man, that movie really resonated with me. I saw that and said, "yes, that's it!" The only thing that I would disagree with is the movie implies that once a soul has entered their personal hell, for whatever reason, they are beyond help. Annie was the exception to the rule. In my belief, the character of Annie is the rule and not the exception. I believe that when one ends up there, after a time, a loved one will come to help move the lost soul into a better place. How long it takes depends on the circumstances.

The major thing I have not worked out completely is the special cases such as Adolf Hitler and those other sick, evil souls who commit such horrific crimes against other humans. I would like to believe that there are no souls who are beyond redemption, however there are those who I really wish would spend eternity roasting over an open fire.

I know of a young lady, 17 years of age, who is dying a horrible death from aids-related lymphoma. She didn't know she was HIV positive until she was diagnosed with the lymphoma, and by then she of course had full blown AIDS. At 15, she was raped by a 37 year of man who was HIV positive. Yes, he knew he was infected when he did this. This creep I hope spends the rest of his miserable life in a 6x6 foot prison cell and then spend the rest of eternity with Satan's imps shoving red hot coals into various unmentionable orifices :hug: .
Posted ImagePosted Image

#18 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:08 AM

… the movie "What Dreams May Come" was pretty loosely based on the ‘Divine Comedy’, which if you haven’t read it, but have heard of Dante’s Inferno, this is it. A lot of western folklore most likely comes from books like this… they were written 700 or a thousand years ago. Dante’s Inferno is most likely guilty for a lot it concerning the depiction of Hell. It’s a very excellent piece to read, but I think we can write much better books these days and make up better stories too.

http://en.wikipedia....e_Divine_Comedy

Hitler…
I’d want his head cooked in an oven, everyday for a billion f years.
After that I’d start torturing him.

Posted Image

#19 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 03:11 AM

Hitler…
I’d want his head cooked in an oven, everyday for a billion f years.
After that I’d start torturing him.

Sounds like a plan to me... wanna turn on the oven? I'll get the oven mitts.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#20 JimDe

JimDe

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 299 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 04:28 AM

... don't take that torture crack the wrong way, I'm not Satan.
Let's make that perfectly clear.
Agreed?

Edited by JimDe, 30 October 2006 - 04:32 AM.

Posted Image

#21 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 10:34 AM

I feel that hell is not much more than a separation from God. In the Bible, after Jesus rose from the dead, he decended into hell. I feel this hell was more of a purgatory. Jesus decended into this hell to free the tormented souls. That is my interpretation.

I agree with you. Although, a thought just occured to me, if God is all, then are me not really separated from the aspect of God that is Love. With this thought comes another thought - the power of choice - to choose for Love and turn away from evil. (Evil is live spelled backwards)

With this thought comes a fantasy .... Jesus decending into hell to free the tormented souls and calling out, "Hey! Anytime you are ready, you can choose differently. Imagine love." I can imagine it probably wasn't that easy. People often choose to stay in their suffering even when surrounded by beauty on a sunny spring day.

People are facinating.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#22 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:05 AM

[quote name='ravenhecate' post='361494' date='Oct 29 2006, 11:34 PM']I have to say, even when I was a practicing Christian, the concept of hell was one I could not accept. I don't understand a loving god who would throw his beloved children into eternal torment. A temporary time out, possibly, but not eternal.[quote]

It makes sense if you see humans rewriting the book and wanting to control the masses. That part about "Judge not" suggests that God doesn't judge at all. I believe that God is there to help us to create and manifest. It's a good idea to watch your thoughts.[/quote]I guess my vision of heaven and hell is very similar to the ideas expressed in the movie "What Dreams May Come." I know that it is just a movie, but man, that movie really resonated with me. I saw that and said, "yes, that's it!" [quote]

That was a great movie. I think they created hell that was because it was the belief of the characters. Also, the characters believed that they couldn't get out without the assistance of a loved one. Anne believed she'd sinned and would stay in hell for all eternity. Robin Williams character loved her so much that he went to rescue her.

[quote]The major thing I have not worked out completely is the special cases such as Adolf Hitler and those other sick, evil souls who commit such horrific crimes against other humans. I would like to believe that there are no souls who are beyond redemption, however there are those who I really wish would spend eternity roasting over an open fire.[/quote]

I believe Hitler gave the human race an opportunity to study what love is not. In order to study what love is we much learn what love is not. As Hitler reviews his life he will experience the emotional suffering his choices and actions caused. This is a version of hell. After he has experienced this perfect torment, he will be taken in hand by angels who have agreed to work with him. They'll clean him up and send him back to earth to live another life. After experiencing the suffering of the 1,000's who were tortured by his order, the death and suffering of all those involved in the 2nd World War and the suffering of those from the ripple effect of his actions including the neo-Nazis of today, I believe he will choose a life of helping others and self-less servitude.

[quote name='JimDe' post='361528' date='Oct 30 2006, 04:28 AM']... don't take that torture crack the wrong way, I'm not Satan.
Agreed?

...[/quote]
Satan would probably like the oven thing.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#23 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,397 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:58 AM

There are references to a place tht we refer as hell in most religious scriptures. So, I believe it as a place existing as we progress from this existence to another.
Posted Image

#24 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 October 2006 - 01:30 PM

Hades (Greek) and Sheol (Hebrew) just mean the abode of the dead. Sheol carries a connotation of a waiting room (ie a place for a spirit to wait until resurrection / reincarnation, depending upon your belief).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#25 Ayna

Ayna

Villager

• Banned
  • PipPipPip
  • 160 posts
  • Interests:The sea in UAE, the mountains in Munich (divided living ) my 2 beautiful children My horses, my dog<br />My husband ( when he´s home ) LOL. <br />The teachings of Daskalos. Buddhism. Jane Austen, Charles Dickens. Home and exotic cooking. + Jamie Olivers Recipes.<br />Interior decorating, and about a million other things...

Posted 30 October 2006 - 02:06 PM

Hell,

If it were a state of mind,
We would all be in it ...when life was not going our way.
It is a sad thought, but I reject it as being weak.

It is said, Hell is the domain ruled over by Satan.
Satan is the supernatural angelic being of evil, suffering and despair.
If I were he, I could think of better ways to torture you.

Thank you JimDe. Your post is like poetry.

My only thought to this is:

If Satan and or hell exsisted and Satan was such a powerful being, why has he not just taken over everything that we know?

I refuse to be ruled by things that were "made up" or "exagerated" to control society.

But I will not judge others by their needs or beliefs tho. So I will say no more. I will respect my friends. This only how I, myself, see things from my own life's experiences.

It should be left alone to each their own choice.

Hugs,
Les

If Satan took over and had to control everything, it would be a big headache. This way, he can mess with us, dashing around causing mischief. I think it would be much more entertaining to him to just step in whenever he pleases.

On the other hand, if Satan's place in the scheme of things is to be available to help us to cause our own hells and mishaps, his is more of a service occupation. He exists to serve our Self-destruction.

Thank you for sharing. :wow:

Well said,
we all make our own choices, thats what its all about. However, it has to do with the level one or the other has reached. Some of us have reached levels of protection, meaning we have gained a situation where we find ourselves responsible for others around us. We can accept the fact we have some power, and use it well, for the good. Or we can abuse it, and send those confined to our care to a living hell.
A life without festivity is like a long journey without rest. ( Demokrit. 460-370 BC ) God didn´t give me a brain just to fill the space between my ears. ( Ayna- ca. 1992 !!! ) I am the seed of all things that are ( Krishna )

#26 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 09:54 PM

... don't take that torture crack the wrong way, I'm not Satan.
Agreed?

Never said, nor meant to imply that you were Satan. I was just agreeing to your statement about the perfect torture for Hitler. I don't accept the existence of Satan.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#27 Satan

Satan

• Deleted
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 October 2006 - 11:13 PM

That's all right,

I don't accept the existence of you either.

Yours Truly,

Edited by Satan, 30 October 2006 - 11:13 PM.

#28 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:20 AM

That's all right,

Yours Truly,

Go away Mr. Troll!!!
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#29 ravenhecate

ravenhecate

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 470 posts

Posted 31 October 2006 - 01:45 AM

That's all right,

Yours Truly,

That's all right. I accept my own existence, and that's all that matters. :wow:
Posted ImagePosted Image

#30 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 31 October 2006 - 08:34 AM

That's all right,

Yours Truly,

...and?.....this is a bad thing?????
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users