Does Hell exist?

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#46 heavenlee

heavenlee

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 438 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting, psychic awareness, angels, mediums, old grave yards any graveyard.lol! I hate ufo paranormal it scares the jibes out of me.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:29 AM

I dont believe in Hell or satan. I do believe we have free will. I think we live over and over till we learn everything we were set out to learn. If you screw up..you come back. If you didnt get it the first few times.. you come back till you do. I think all these evil people are sent back to learn, maybe they get tortured in the next life, like they did to others in their last life. I dont make the rules, i dont know. All i know is i think these religions that use The devil to scare you into submission, to give money, and to be a good person is a bunch of hokey pokey! People should be good for themselves. Its easier to live when you treat people decent. Makes you a happier person.

Edited by heavenlee, 03 November 2006 - 09:30 AM.

Dont be afraid of the dead its the living you should fear!Posted Image

#47 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 09:48 AM

I dont believe in Hell or satan. I do believe we have free will. I think we live over and over till we learn everything we were set out to learn. If you screw up..you come back. If you didnt get it the first few times.. you come back till you do. I think all these evil people are sent back to learn, maybe they get tortured in the next life, like they did to others in their last life. I dont make the rules, i dont know. All i know is i think these religions that use The devil to scare you into submission, to give money, and to be a good person is a bunch of hokey pokey! People should be good for themselves. Its easier to live when you treat people decent. Makes you a happier person.

I agree. I also think it's a matter of perception. There are people who can find hell on a sweet spring day.

I knew this artist, Rosalind. When the sun was shining, she'd say in her whiney voice, "It's so bright." When it was overcast she'd say, "God, I hate it. The sun never shines here." She always wore black, was giving up cigarettes, so wore nicotine patches and bummed cigarettes. Roz - if you're reading this - you are a black hole to be around.

I think I chose heaven when I moved away from the area and removed all black holes from my life.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#48 jamas1129

jamas1129

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:My interests are reading, knitting (which I taught myself how to do), writting poetry, and any kind of writting that I can do. I love to just put twisted stories that I make up on paper. I wrote my first childrens book. (Not published, yet)<br />Most of my time is spent on my children and my husband. They mean more to me than anybody in this world.

Posted 03 November 2006 - 12:29 PM

I've been visiting this site for a week or better now. One thing I just love about this place is you can be who you are and not have to be wondering what others think of you. I think it's wonderful that I'm not feeling judged here.
I just had to add that.

For me, I believe there is a place that can be harsher. I have to believe that it can get worse than what it is now. I would have to say thats my way of dealing with the terrible things that are going on. So if a person wants to describe it has hell. Then be my guest.
I also feel there is a better place to go to after you leave your body. I can't say what exactly it is. Maybe it's just getting out of your self, and taking on a new form. I'm not sure.
A part of me really wants to believe what a lot believe in. That there is a God. I'm at the point right now, that I can't even make myself believe in that. There is too much bad for a God to let happen. I don't know about you, but I love my kids so much that I wouldn't let anything like what goes on, happen to them. So if there is a God, why would he let that crap happen to his children? I can't answer that. I am almost sure that not one of you will let your child go threw pain and suffering.
So if there is a God, he's heartless. If there is a hell, it's here already. I just try to make myself believe that it could be worse.

#49 moebee

moebee

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 16 November 2006 - 10:56 PM

Satin is a lovely material and I don't think there's any in hell. Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm hoping that your spellcheck was malfunctioning.

Seriously now, there really is no such thing as hell. However, since you are the creator of your own existence, if you believe there is a hell, there will be one and it will be just as you expect. If you feel the need to experience a hell, you will go there. God does not send you; You, and you alone, send you. You will remain there until the time comes when you understand that it doesn't really exist and that you no longer need the experience.

Like I said, the answer to all your questions is dependent on what you envision hell to be like.

Satin is a lovely material and I don't think there's any in hell. Sorry, couldn't resist. I'm hoping that your spellcheck was malfunctioning.

Seriously now, there really is no such thing as hell. However, since you are the creator of your own existence, if you believe there is a hell, there will be one and it will be just as you expect. If you feel the need to experience a hell, you will go there. God does not send you; You, and you alone, send you. You will remain there until the time comes when you understand that it doesn't really exist and that you no longer need the experience.

Like I said, the answer to all your questions is dependent on what you envision hell to be like.

You seem to be a "self made authority" on this subject,as everybody is entitled to his or her opinion
i believe there is only one way we will find what really lies beyond,when we close our eyes for the last time
far as i am concerned "no-one knows for sure"
moebee

#50 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 16 November 2006 - 11:24 PM

You seem to be a "self made authority" on this subject,as everybody is entitled to his or her opinion
i believe there is only one way we will find what really lies beyond,when we close our eyes for the last time
far as i am concerned "no-one knows for sure"
moebee

Good for you.

#51 Apri1

Apri1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:swimming, reading, writing, learning languages at a very slow pace because i'm stupid, video games, movies, music, spooky paranormal stuff

Posted 22 November 2006 - 10:02 PM

I think its strange if a person beleives in ghosts or demons but not hell or the devil. it does not make sense to me. maybe i am small minded.

I think people dont want to beleive in hell because who would want to? its scarey! and most people will probably go there

I like to also beleive that we return to new lives over and over and over untill we get it right. that helps me sleep better at night. and it would make sense actually. some people have it better than others .... it would just be fair to give people more chances with a different set of cercomstances. I think God would be a fair person

hah i think my post is confusing. i just dont know what to beleive for sure ... so i just make theories. i respect what other people beleive even if it makes no sense to me

Edited by Apri1, 22 November 2006 - 10:04 PM.

#52 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 23 November 2006 - 03:34 PM

I think its strange if a person beleives in ghosts or demons but not hell or the devil. it does not make sense to me. maybe i am small minded.

I think people dont want to beleive in hell because who would want to? its scarey! and most people will probably go there

I like to also beleive that we return to new lives over and over and over untill we get it right. that helps me sleep better at night. and it would make sense actually. some people have it better than others .... it would just be fair to give people more chances with a different set of cercomstances. I think God would be a fair person

hah i think my post is confusing. i just dont know what to beleive for sure ... so i just make theories. i respect what other people beleive even if it makes no sense to me

Heh, you'd be very surprised at conflicting beliefs in one person. My father, a devout Catholic, believes in God, the Devil, Heaven, Hell and Purgatory. But has absolutely NO belief whatsoever in ghosts. I once asked him why that was. He kinda shrugged and said he's just chosen to not believe in ghosts.

So that could be the case for some looking at it as you put it in your first sentence.

Me, hell isn't exactly part and parcel of my belief system in the afterlife. I could be right or wrong with that belief, but I won't know until I die, and the same with everyone else. I look at an NDE as proof to me that there is *something* afterwards, but since the person (insofar as my reading of the subject goes...never experienced it myself) never actually finished that journey, they don't know for sure if it's the Christian heaven or whathaveyou. They just know better than I do that there is *something*

So, I believe in ghosts, but not hell. Because hell is not part of my Pagan spiritual belief system. From my own spiritual point of view, we all go to one place. Just exactly what happens there based on your behaviour here I haven't figured out. (see point about me being still very much alive and here...not there...lol)

And based on Catholic theology (I was raised Catholic, so by and large when referencing points of Christian beliefs, I use that particular base. No one take that as the be all end all...k?), most people don't go to hell, they spend a bit of time in Purgatory to be cleansed and then off to Heaven. (this is why you find in the Catholic Church certain masses and services and prayers for the dead that continue for sometimes years after that person dies. The congregation is 'helping' the soul along in Purgatory.)

This is based on the belief that the majority of sins are forgivable after penence. In that particular denomination, Hell is reserved only for the truely evil and the truely unrepentent.

By and large though, I'm of the final opinion that some things we can question and theorize to our hearts content....but the real answer is not for us to know so long as we're in our physical bodies.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#53 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 23 November 2006 - 05:42 PM

That is the most succinct explanation of all "chosen not to believe" that says it all I think, thanks for posting that V.C.

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#54 Apri1

Apri1

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Interests:swimming, reading, writing, learning languages at a very slow pace because i'm stupid, video games, movies, music, spooky paranormal stuff

Posted 24 November 2006 - 06:47 PM

oh good post, vampchick. =o)

#55 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 November 2006 - 07:06 PM

I once read that "sin" is word from the olden days used in archery. It meant, "to miss the mark". I like that.

I've been visiting this site for a week or better now. One thing I just love about this place is you can be who you are and not have to be wondering what others think of you. I think it's wonderful that I'm not feeling judged here.
I just had to add that.

For me, I believe there is a place that can be harsher. I have to believe that it can get worse than what it is now. I would have to say thats my way of dealing with the terrible things that are going on. So if a person wants to describe it has hell. Then be my guest.
I also feel there is a better place to go to after you leave your body. I can't say what exactly it is. Maybe it's just getting out of your self, and taking on a new form. I'm not sure.
A part of me really wants to believe what a lot believe in. That there is a God. I'm at the point right now, that I can't even make myself believe in that. There is too much bad for a God to let happen. I don't know about you, but I love my kids so much that I wouldn't let anything like what goes on, happen to them. So if there is a God, why would he let that crap happen to his children? I can't answer that. I am almost sure that not one of you will let your child go threw pain and suffering.
So if there is a God, he's heartless. If there is a hell, it's here already. I just try to make myself believe that it could be worse.

I like to believe that everything is God including what is not God. That it all originated in the absolute with God wanting to experience himself, so he created everything. The genious of this world and the worlds that must exist is facinating to contemplate. Everything ever-changing constantly evolving. Only devinity could create such a universe. "Uni" (one) "verse" (song) All parts and pieces on a whole. Amazing. As far as is there a hell. There has to be a hell if there is a heaven. In a world of duality, the law is that of opposites. Without duality, we would be no relativity - nothing to relate to. We appreciate health much more if we have suffered in sickness. We appreciate heaven more, if we ahd experienced hell.

#56 MIKE O

MIKE O

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
  • Interests:Bible prophecy, ghosts ,ufo's ,psychics I've never been <br />married . Love to make new friends just to chat, since I'm <br />all alone. I have no family.

Posted 02 December 2006 - 02:28 AM

You should get the vidio put out by TBN {TO HELL AND BACK} bY DR. maurice Rawlings . Through
cpr people brought back begin to tell him their visit to hell.

#57 callinghome

callinghome

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 December 2006 - 01:57 AM

Related funny:

Pecans in the Cemetery

On the outskirts of a small town, there was a big, old pecan tree just inside the cemetery fence.

One day, two boys filled up a bucketful of nuts and sat down by the tree, out of sight, and began dividing the nuts.

"One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me," said one boy.Several dropped and rolled down toward the fence.

Another boy came riding along the road on his bicycle. As he passed, he thought he heard voices from inside the cemetery.

He slowed down to investigate. Sure enough, he heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me."

He just knew what it was. He jumped back on his bike and rode off. Just around the bend he met an old man with a cane, hobbling along.

"Come here quick," said the boy, "you won't believe what I heard! Satan and the Lord are down at the cemetery dividing up the souls."

The man said, "Beat it kid, can't you see it's hard for me to walk."

When the boy insisted though, the man hobbled slowly to the cemetery.

Standing by the fence they heard, "One for you, one for me. One for you, one for me."

The old man whispered, "Boy, you've been telling' me the truth. Let's see if we can see the Lord."

Shaking with fear, they peered through the fence, yet were still unable to see anything. The old man and the boy gripped the wrought iron bars of the fence tighter and tighter as they tried to get a glimpse of the Lord.

At last they heard, "One for you, one for me. That's all. Now let's go get those nuts by the fence and we'll be done.

They say the old man made it back to town a full 5 minutes ahead of the kid on the bike.

:hug:

#58 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:27 AM

Hell cannot exist, no one can go there.

i believe, that all sinners no matter how grisly disgusting evil or putrid the sin is, cannot go to hell.

all sinners are victims of circumstance, we cannot control the sins we commit, i could not have stopped myself from stealing, murderers cannot stop their murders. If it is destined to happen, it will happen. things can only happen one way, and they will only happen one way.

what is the best way to control a human being? well, that would have to be fear. People who believe in hell, most likely fear hell. The concept of hell was created to instill fear upon humans so they would be less likely to sin. Why would the all loving god send souls to hell to be tortured for eternity? that makes no sense!

-Roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#59 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,400 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 25 August 2007 - 10:42 AM

Well, no, sin is NOT circumstantial at all, sin is a matter of personal choice. The power to choose is within us all, and it is OUR onus to use it wise, right and for the betterment. Blaming sin on circumstances is nothing but running away from responsibility.
Posted Image

#60 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:45 AM

Well, no, sin is NOT circumstantial at all, sin is a matter of personal choice. The power to choose is within us all, and it is OUR onus to use it wise, right and for the betterment. Blaming sin on circumstances is nothing but running away from responsibility.

"sin" came from an archery term meaning to "miss the mark". When we miss the mark of how to live positively we are set back which is sensed thru our emotions. We feel anxiety, or frustration ... when we hit the mark we feel happy, enthusiastic, energized ...

If you see someone who is happy, enthusiastic and energized and judge them as a "sinner", look to your self. What is your emotional state? You might actually be the one who has missed the mark. Smiles~Singer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users