• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#61 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 25 August 2007 - 11:53 AM

Good thought singer, good. We often judge people with our inadequecies, and drawbacks.
Posted Image

#62 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 26 August 2007 - 04:09 AM

I believe that in the realm where there are earthbounds, there are a few different levels and the lowest of these is what can be called 'hell'

It isnt a firey place underground but there are demons who reside there. In fact I believe demons reside on a few of these levels.

Spirits who are rescued and helped to the light easily are usually on the very last level and ready to go. Spirits who prove to be more difficult and what some would call evil spirits, are usually on the lower level. They dont have no light in their souls.

Usually these spirits have chosen their own 'hell' They may have done so becaue they led a life that involved very sinful ways. Even the ultimate sin, murder. They think they are not going to go to the light anyway and so they hold themselves back through fear or just negative thinking.

They have free will. Then they punish themselves. They see in their aferlife a continuation of bad ways. They see demons. They create everything that was the cause of their bad life and they cling to it. They see lust and greed and the seven deadly sins. Im not really religious but I do believe this. It becomes a catch 22 situation for them they cant get out of unless with help. They feel negative energy like hate and jealousy and they do not feel the lovely enerlgy of love. They need love to get out of where they are. Everything that was in their physical life that tormented them is there in this life and probably worse. The spirit themselves can create this for themselves through thought and they become their own worse enemies.

I dont believe they are there forever. I believe that when the time is right they are given the chance to redeem themselves. It can come through in many ways.

#63 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:34 AM

Well, no, sin is NOT circumstantial at all, sin is a matter of personal choice. The power to choose is within us all, and it is OUR onus to use it wise, right and for the betterment. Blaming sin on circumstances is nothing but running away from responsibility.

well, isnt it circumstance that we WILL sin? since no human being is sinless? We cannot prevent ourselves from sinning...

-Roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#64 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:45 AM

I like this. It makes sense. I also believe there are as many ways to experience "hell" as can be imagined. To me it all comes to what one chooses to create. It is thru personal responsibility that we become free of "hell". You cannot help someone who will not help themselves.

My husband and I just went thru the "hell" of doing hospice with my mom as she died of cancer at home. It was 24 hours each day with no help from the family. We marveled at how we made it thru this experience in such a positive way. It took conscious awareness and personal responsibility, choices that were hard and new to my experience. Hell can be here and now, but we can choose to not react, to work with spirit and intellect to create our lives and quality of existence.

The Hell that was that experience is over now. This place is in harmony and feels like heaven. Everywhere I live becomes heavenly. When I pass from this body at the end of this earth time existence, I will still be in heaven because of conscious choices.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#65 singer

singer

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy music and practice the dicipline of &quot;Happy.&quot; It takes constant effort and attention to create and maintain a peaceful happy life. <br /><br />I've been told that I live in a &quot;pink bubble world&quot;. Ha! It's taken a life of experiencing the dark side to create this sweet abundant life. It has all of the colors, not just pink. What it doesn't have are people who are disturbing and sick minded. There is no room in my life for hurtful abusive friends or family. <br /><br />After 40 years as a professional musician, entertainer and producer, I now teach. I love it. No more travel or long late nights with strangers who pretend to be friends. <br /><br />My home is the creative result of my happy state of mind. There are beautiful flowers and huge gold fish. The squirrels come every day to gather the nuts I provide. Two feeders keep dozens of hummingbirds busy.<br /><br />Four days each week, people come to learn what a life time of hard living has taught me. They come to learn how to play. We play music.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:48 AM

If we are aware of our selves and our thoughts, we will be more conscious in our actions. When we "sin" it can be seen as an opportunity - a learning situation - we can then move on with the wisdom gained and leave the emotional part behind.
SingerJoy is a way a traveling for the singer of songs."

#66 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 26 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

i agree, much wisdom is gained from "sinning."

the world would be a very bland place without sin...

-Roger-

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#67 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 26 August 2007 - 10:48 AM

We must have agency. Without agency, there can be no choice. Without choice there can be no right or wrong. Without right and wrong, there can be no law. Without law, there can be no reward (heaven) nor punishment (hell).

If I don't have agency, I'm not responsible for my actions.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#68 Flanker2x29

Flanker2x29

Villager

• Deleted
  • PipPipPip
  • 153 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:47 PM

This is really long and if you read all of it then good for you!! This is not my own but I thought maybe it could shed some light on the topic.

WHAT THE BIBLE SAYS ABOUT
HELL
By Russell K. Tardo
Is hell for real? Do people go there when they die? Is hell here on earth?
Questions and opinions abound on the subject of hell. Some people make a joke of it; others do not believe in its existence at all. Unfortunately, even Christians seem confused about this important biblical doctrine. It is no longer in vogue to believe in hell or to preach about it, and few churches do anymore. This is all the more tragic since the Bible speaks very often and clearly on the subject. Once we learn the Bible facts about hell, the more inclined we will be to live a life pleasing to the Lord!
Greek and Hebrew
The Bible speaks of hell in both Old and New Testaments. In the Old Testament, the single Hebrew word “sheol” is translated into three different English words: hell, pit, and grave. The New Testament does the opposite. It translates three different Greek words (hades, gehenna, and tartarus) into the single English word, Hell. While this may seem confusing, the Bible translators had reasons for using different words. Sheol and hades are synonymous terms for the afterlife or the realm of the dead. All who die are said to go there. Perhaps it can be best thought of as a spiritual dimension the dead pass into immediately at the moment of their death. Within this realm of the dead (sheol/hades) however, the righteous are divided from the wicked. The righteous dead are said to go to Paradise, Heaven or Abraham’s Bosom, and are blessed and comforted in the presence of the Lord (cf. Luke 16:22; 23:43; 2 Corinthians 5:8; 12:2, 4), while the wicked go into the pit or hell to be tormented and punished. When referring to the physical body, the translators simply spoke of it going to the grave.
The ten most important things for us to know about hell is that:
1. Hell Exists!
Jesus spoke more about the reality of hell than any other person in the Bible! In one account, recorded in Luke 16:19-31, He spoke of two men who died. One awoke in “Abraham’s bosom” (typifying heaven), the other in a fiery furnace! Jesus left us no reason to doubt the reality of hell.
And it came to pass, that the beggar died, and was carried by the angels into Abraham’s bosom: the rich man also died, and was buried; And in hell he lift up his eyes, being in torments, and seeth Abraham afar off, and Lazarus in his bosom.
And he cried and said, Father Abraham, have mercy on me, and send Lazarus, that he may dip the tip of his finger in water, and cool my tongue; for I am tormented in this flame.
But Abraham said, Son, remember that thou in thy lifetime receivedst thy good things, and likewise Lazarus evil things: but now he is comforted, and thou are tormented.
And beside all this, between us and you there is a great gulf fixed: so that they which would pass from hence to you cannot; neither can they pass to us, that would come from thence.
Then he said, I pray thee therefore, father, that thou wouldest send him to my father’s house: For I have five brethren; that he might testify unto them, lest they also come into this place of torment.
Some Bible versions may use the word “hades” instead of hell. Here, Hades is seen to be the interim place of punishment for lost souls. In Hades the unsaved dead suffer terrible torment and misery while awaiting the resurrection judgement of the great white throne (Revelation 20:11-15), and God’s righteous pronouncement of their damnation to an eternity of hell fire (Matthew 25:41, 46; Revelation 20:13-15). Two sobering facts literally jump out at us from these verses: One, there is life immediately after death (Luke 16:22-23). Man does not cease to exist at death nor is he unconscious or oblivious to feelings, sensations or pain. Two, some, after death, go immediately to a place of comfort while others find themselves plunged into a place of fire and torment. “For I am tormented in this flame,” the rich man cried in verse 24. The Bible plainly declares that there is life after death, and you will live forever! This passage stands in stark contrast to those who believe in soul sleep or that hell is just the grave or the annihilation of the soul. Obviously, the soul does not cease to exist at death nor does is sleep. The Bible teaches that you will continue to be conscious after death, and you will enter either into a place of comfort and joy or a place of fire and torment.
2. Not a Parable
Critics protest the use of Luke 16 to illustrate the reality of hell, claiming that it is only a “parable.” Several factors, however, prove otherwise. First, parables are usually always identified as such in Scripture (cf. Matthew 13:18, 24: 21:33; Mark 13:28; Luke 5:36, etc.). Second, people’s proper names are never used in parables. The verses above use the beggar’s name, Lazarus, four times. Third, the majority of conservative Bible scholars do not classify this passage with the parables. Fourth, parables are not myths or fables. They are a graphic and profound method of teaching through illustration. Therefore, even if Luke 16:19-31 were a parable, it still cannot be dismissed as though untrue. The fact is, Jesus said it to demonstrate the awful reality of the retributive punishment of the wicked.
Like It or Not, Hell Is a Reality!
Its existence is a fact and not fiction. Jesus Christ himself warned people repeatedly that a life of sin on earth would result in eternal fire and torment in hell. In Matthew 25, Jesus speaks of a future when He will judge the people of the earth from His throne of glory. To the righteous He shall say, “Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the Kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world” (Matthew 25:34). But to the unrighteous He shall say, “Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:41). Friend, if you were to stand before God and give an account for your life right now, which of these words would Jesus Christ tell you? Would He welcome you to heaven for the godly life you have
lived? Would He say, “Well done, good and faithful servant”? Or, would He condemn you to eternal punishment for having led a sinful, self-centered life?
Condemned to Eternal Flame
Dare you imagine the frightful horror of having Jesus Christ, the Righteous Judge and the King of Glory, point His finger at you and say, “Depart from me cursed one…into the eternal lake of fire”? The horrible realization of our condemnation would begin to penetrate our being, and the sinking consciousness of our total ruin and utter hopelessness would cause us to tremble and wail in despair. None will be there to plead our case for us, no lawyer to bargain a plea, no friend or family member to lend us strength or support before this awesome court of justice. All will stand naked before God! No sin shall be hid, no wickedness undiscovered. Every one of our unrighteous deeds, words, and thoughts will be exposed before Him.
“For he knoweth vain men: he seeth wickedness….” (Job 11:11).
“For his eyes are upon the ways of man, and he seeth all his goings. There is no darkness, nor shadow of death, where the workers of iniquity may hide themselves. Therefore he knoweth their works, and he overturneth them in the night, so that they are destroyed” (Job 34:21,22,25).
“If we have forgotten the name of our God, or stretched out our hands to a strange god; Shall not God search this out? for He knoweth the secrets of the heart” (Psalm 44:20,21).
“O God, thou knowest my foolishness; and my sins are not hid from thee” (Psalm 69:5).
“The Lord knoweth the thoughts of man, that they are vanity” (Psalm 94:11).
“For though thou wash thee with nitre, and take thee much sope, yet thine iniquity is marked before me, saith the Lord God” (Jeremiah 2:22).
“For I know your manifold transgressions and your mighty sins….” (Amos 5:12).
“For there is nothing covered, that shall not be revealed; and hid, that shall not be known” (Matthew 10:26).
3. Hell Is Not Here On Earth
People often express foolish and unscriptural opinions on the subject of hell. “I don’t believe there is a hell” or “I believe hell is just the grave” or even more popular is the “I believe hell is here on earth” theory. What deceived individuals! Jesus Christ himself tells us hell is for real. It is He, our beloved Savior, who gives the fullest teaching about hell (cf. Matthew 5:22,29,30; 10:28; 18:9; 23:15,33; Mark 9:43,45,47; Luke 12:5). The Bible makes its reality unmistakably clear. No doubt there are multitudes now suffering the torment of eternal flame who once said, “I don’t believe in hell.” They believe now!
Why hell is not here on earth:
1) You can drink cool water and buy cold drinks here. Water fountains and coke machines are everywhere. Therefore, this cannot be hell (Luke 16:24).
2) If you don’t like it here, you can leave. You can move to a colder climate anytime you choose. Obviously, this can’t be hell because in hell no one can ever leave (Luke 16:26).
3) Hell cannot possible be here on earth because there are Christians here; but there are no true Christians in hell.
4) This cannot be hell because you can still repent of your sins and be forgiven. Once you’re in hell, it will be too late to pray, too late to ask forgiveness, and too late to get right with God.
5) There is no laughter in hell! How could anyone possibly believe that hell is here on earth? Even the most troubled soul finds occasions to smile or laugh or sleep or enjoy some simple comfort and pleasure here on earth. Dear reader, be aware that there is no laughter in hell! There is no peace, no rest, no sleep, no pleasure, no comfort in hell. There is only horrible agony, pain, thirst, torment, suffering, and misery for eternity. Some deceived individuals have thought they could escape from all of their troubles and problems by “ending it all” and committing suicide. How wrong they were! Oh, when will men realize that only Jesus Christ offers us escape from our problems?
“Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me” (John 14:1).
4. Hell Is Eternal
“Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels” (Matthew 25:41).
“And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal” (Matthew 25:46).
In these verses Jesus makes it painfully clear that hell is eternal. It is everlasting fire; it is suffering without end! Note also that verse 46 declares that the righteous shall experience life eternal! They shall inherit real life; a blessed, conscious existence in peace; joy; and comfort. Both the wicked and the righteous shall live eternally, either blessed with Christ and the righteous believers of all ages, or tormented in hell’s inferno with the devil and the fallen angels. The blessings and rewards Christ bestows upon His faithful servants shall be theirs forever, and the suffering of hell’s inhabitants will never cease throughout all eternity! Notice that punishment is everlasting and life is eternal. Oddly, while cults believe in eternal life, they reject the doctrine of everlasting damnation. However, in both of these clauses Jesus used the identical Greek word to describe the eternality both of heaven and hell. Thus it is clear that if heaven is eternal, so is hell.
Rejected By False Religion
Every religious cult, virtually without exception, denies the reality and eternity of hell! They choose not to believe the Bible and substitute their own carnal reasonings and arguments for the infallible Word of God. Dear reader, be forewarned: Any religion that denies the reality and eternity of hell is a false religion and offers false hope to the wicked! Satan, through these lying religious cults, offers sinners the false hope of escape from God’s wrath and judgement. How the devil hates the doctrine of hell, for he knows that he, too, will spend eternity in torment there (cf. Revelation 20:10). You can be sure that God will punish sin! He is a holy God who will judge the world in righteousness! Nothing shall be overlooked, no sin shall escape His all-seeing eye. “In the day when God shall judge the secrets of men by Jesus Christ…” (Romans 2:16).
5. Hell Is Final!
Not Like Ten Years in Prison
Being condemned to hell for eternity is not like merely going to prison for a few years! As bad as that may be at least in prison there is always the hope that you could be pardoned or paroled, or given a new trial and found not guilty. Also, in prison, inmates possess a mounting excitement and anticipation as the end of their sentence and their release date draws near. They have something to look forward to. But not so in hell! From hell there is nothing to look forward to⎯no pardon, no parole, no release, no anticipation, no hope, and no end to its awful suffering and punishment. There is no redemption from hell; it is eternal! Even after you’ve been there ten thousand years, your suffering has only just begun. In Revelation 14:10-11, the Bible describes hell as a place where “the wrath of God, which is poured out without mixture,” and where the wicked “shall be tormented with fire and brimstone…and the smoke of their torment ascendeth up for ever and ever: and they have no rest day nor night.” Anyone who dies without a saving knowledge of the Lord Jesus Christ will be certainly and irreversibly be condemned to the eternal lake of fire.
No Purgatory
Contrary to Roman Catholic doctrine, there is no such place as purgatory; it simply does not exist. Nowhere in the entire Bible is purgatory mentioned. Jesus never referred to the existence of such a place nor did the apostles or any other writers in the Old or New Testaments. Scripture clearly teaches that all souls go to either heaven or hell at death. There is no intermediate place; no limbo, no purgatory. How many millions of people have been deceived into thinking that they or their loved ones could be prayed out of purgatory by paying priests to say masses for them? The fact is, the doctrine of purgatory was invented by the Roman Catholic Church to enrich its own coffers and to produce a counterfeit confidence in its carnal members. The doctrine has absolutely no basis in Scripture, and I repeat, simply does not exist. Of this you can be certain: if you die a sinner without being born again, you will not go to purgatory; you will go to hell.
No Reincarnation
The theory of reincarnation is one of the biggest deceptions the devil has ever introduced. How gullible men are to believe such nonsense! Amazingly, even some who profess to be Christians have swallowed this ridiculous doctrine without realizing that it is a view incompatible with true Christianity and is repudiated by the Scriptures.
“And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment” (Hebrews 9:27).
Don’t be deceived; once you die, it is too late to repent! It’s too late then to pray for forgiveness. You’ll never again have any chance to obey God and live a holy Christian life. There will be no second chance! God extends to every one of us the opportunity to believe the Gospel now and to repent from our sins and follow Christ.
“Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation” (II Corinthians 6:2).
The Bible clearly reveals that once you die, it is too late to be saved. The devil-inspired doctrine of reincarnation is a pied piper leading multitudes to a Christless grave.
6. Hell Is a Place of Fire and Torment
The Bible describes hell as a place of great suffering, intense agony, and torment. It is a place of horror, pain, grief, punishment, and tears. Scripture depicts it as an awful place of choking, stinking, sulfuric fumes; a burning, churning sea of fire where the ear is continually tormented with the loud yelling and continuous outcries of the damned; where the nostrils are scalded with sulphurous flames and the tongue with burning blisters and the whole body rolled in flames of liquid fire. It’s a place where all of the powers and faculties of the soul shall be violently and excruciatingly tormented continually, ceaselessly, eternally!
“The Son of man shall send forth his angels, and they shall gather out of his kingdom all things that offend, and them which do iniquity; And shall cast them into a furnace of fire: there shall be wailing and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 13:41-42).
To the inhabitants of hell, death or unconsciousness would be a welcome relief. But they can’t die because they’re already dead! They are dead yet fully awake and conscious of their condemnation to this prison of eternal fire!
The Painfulness of a Burn
A burn is probably the most painful injury a person could suffer. It causes unceasing, gnawing pain that throbs and pounds at the flesh and produces great suffering. In our present bodies of flesh, blood, and bone there is a physical limitation to the amount of pain and suffering one can endure. If pain, terror, or suffering became too severe, one would either faint or die. But after death, the soul is free from all physical limitations, and the capacity to experience pain is multiplied a thousand fold. There is no relief for the tormented soul!
Jesus used the Greek word “gehenna” to describe hell as a place “where the worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched” (cf. Mark 9:43-48). He likened hell to a stinking garbage dump; a place of perpetual fires where maggots and other repulsive, loathsome creatures live in all of the decaying, putrid refuse; eating, gnawing, devouring, and yet never consuming the filth and corruption there. According to Christ, hell is a place where loathsome creatures bite, tear, and devour the inhabitants, inflicting unimaginable torture upon them, yet never totally consuming them and thus never relieving them of their agonies!
7. A Place of Abysmal Darkness
Jesus further describes hell as a place of unnatural darkness and torment:
“And cast ye the unprofitable servant into outer darkness: there shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth” (Matthew 25:30).
In another passage, the destiny of sinful man is depicted as a place of perpetual darkness reserved for those:
“Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous practices; cursed children: Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray…to whom the mist of darkness is reserved for ever” (II Peter 2: 14,15,17).
The epistle of Jude also portrays the destiny of the wicked as those:
“…to whom is reserved the blackness of darkness for ever” (Jude 13).
A Horrible Kind of Fire
Perhaps you imagined that where there is fire there must be some degree of light. But this is not so in hell! The fires of hell are of a different and far more horrible nature than fire here. Hell fire produces no light! The infernal flames rage while leaving hell’s inhabitants in total darkness. They see and feel the lick of the flame but cannot see through its black walls. Here on earth fire devours and reduces its prey to ashes and burns out when its fuel is depleted. But this is not so in hell. There, the fires burn with a fierceness that none can comprehend but those who experience it, yet it does not consume them and never will! They shall ever be burning; they shall ever be tormented, yet never consumed!
You Won’t See Your Friends There!
I’ve heard people comment that they were “going to hell and looking forward to it” because they were going to see all of their friends there. One man told me, “My friends and I are going to play cards there and have a good time.” What a deceived individual! You’ll see no one in hell. It’s a place of abysmal darkness so thick that even the light from the flames won’t penetrate it.
8. Total Isolation
You are wrong if you think you’ll see your friends and loved ones there. Hell is a deep, black, burning caldron from which you will never see them again! It’s a place of total isolation. You’ll probably hear the groans and cries of agony from the parched, cracked, and swollen mouths of the damned; but in that unearthly blanket of thick darkness you’ll never see them. The inhabitants of hell will spend eternity alone in a fiery pit of darkness.
No Visiting Rights in Hell
Dear reader, think long and hard about this. The damned shall be eternally separated from God and isolated from all of their friends and loved ones.
9. A Place of Utter Hopelessness!
The condition of the damned is totally hopeless. There is such suffering and torment in the flame but no one to hear their cries. There are none to offer a sympathetic ear, no one to lend a helping hand or a shoulder to cry on. Imagine the utter desolation one must feel to be eternally rejected by God. There is no hope in hell! There is no chance for pardon or parole; there is no chance that God will change His mind; there is no chance to ever escape, and there is no end to the hideous torture of worm and flame. There is nothing to look forward to except more of the same. Those who rejected Jesus Christ in their life on earth now find themselves rejected by God and damned forever. This is the quintessence of hopelessness!
Your Present Situation Is Not Hopeless
No matter how bad things may seem and no matter how desperate your present circumstances are, things are not hopeless; at least not yet. It’s not too late to call upon Jesus Christ if you do it now! Learn to trust in God. Serve Him with all of your heart
and life. Put Christ first and you will find how quickly and easily He can change your situation. But if you die a sinner, you’ll soon know what the word “hopeless” really means. For once you are condemned to hell, that fatal sentence shall never be reversed!
People Die Like They Live
Don’t be deceived into thinking that you have plenty of time to be a Christian later in your life. You have no guarantee that you will live to see the sun come up tomorrow. If you died tonight, where would you spend eternity? It would be too late then to repent and ask God’s forgiveness. Don’t think that you can live a life of sin and then “get right with God” just before you die. The fact is, people die like they live! If you live like sinners; proud, cursing, lying, self-centered, worldly, etc., that’s exactly how you will die!
Our newspaper recently reported the tragic account of one of the worst airliner crashes in aviation history. A giant airliner loaded with passengers was cleared for takeoff and began its high speed run down the airstrip. Suddenly, another huge jet, also loaded with passengers, veered directly across the path of the approaching airliner. The approaching pilot realized that he was going to collide with the other plane and desperately tried to pull his plane up to avoid crashing into it. His attempts failed and the two jets collided at high speed, exploded, and killed hundreds of people. The passengers died instantly with no chance to “get right” with God. Airline officials were anxious to retrieve the “black box” from the wreckage in order to determine what might have caused such a mix-up and disaster. They wanted to hear the last words of the pilot and crew before they met death and stepped off into eternity. All were shocked to discover that the pilot’s last remarks were a barrage of four-letter words too filthy to print! He died cursing, not repenting! Dear reader, those who live cursing, die cursing. Those who live blaspheming, die blaspheming. If you live in sin, you will die in sin and be damned eternally. You must not gamble. Eternity is at stake! You cannot put repentance off until later. You may find, like the passengers and crew of those planes, that those who wait until the eleventh hour to get right with God die at 10:30.
10. The Best Thing to Know about Hell is
That You Don’t Have To Go There.
The blessed truth is no one has to go to hell. Those who wind up there have chosen to live in rebellion to the revealed will of God and have rejected a life of discipleship to Christ. God, in His great mercy and love, has provided for us a way of escape; but only one way! That is the way of faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me” (John 14:6). Dear reader, God is calling you and warning you now to turn from a selfish life of sin. Repent from all of your sins and ask Christ to forgive you. Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and give Him control of your life. Submit to His lordship over you and determine to follow and obey Him.
“He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on Him” (John 3:36).
Don’t Let This Be a Preview of Your Future
Revelation 20:11-15 tells of a future scene that will occur exactly as described here. This is referred to as the “great white throne judgement.” Every person who has ever lived and who died in their sinful, unrepentant state will be judged by Jesus Christ at this time. Everyone included in this judgement will be cast into the lake of fire!
“And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened; and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them; and they were judged every man according to their works. And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”
Is Your Name Written In The Lamb’s Book of Life?
All true believers in the Lord Jesus Christ have their names written in this book. God knows who they are. They are the ones that love Him and obey Him. They serve Christ and trust completely in Him. Whenever a person is born again, his name is written in this heavenly book.
Are You Born Again?
According to Jesus Christ, you cannot enter heaven and inherit eternal life unless you are born again.
“Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God” (John 3:3).
You can be born again right now by simple faith in Jesus Christ. Believe that He died on the cross to pay the terrible penalty for your sins. He died for you! When you receive Him as your Savior, God erases every trace of your past sins and forgives you completely. At the moment you receive Him into your heart as your personal Savior and repent from your sins, you are born again and your name is written in heaven. Why don’t you surrender your life totally to Christ and experience the blessings of genuine Christianity right now?
How You Can Be Saved
1. Recognize that you are a sinner in the eyes of God, and as such you stand guilty and condemned before Him.
“For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God” (Romans 3:23).
2. Be aware that God will punish sinners. He is a holy and righteous judge who will not overlook sin!
“For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord” (Romans 6:23).
3. Realize that Jesus Christ died for sinners. He paid the penalty you owed for your sins against God by dying in your place.
“For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly…But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us” (Romans 5:6,8).
4. Know that God will forgive you of every one of your sins if you will turn away from them and receive Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior of your life.
“But what saith it? The word is nigh thee, even in thy mouth and in thy heart: that is, the word of faith, which we preach; That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved….For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved” (Romans 10:8,9,13).
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness” (I John 1:9).
You cannot earn or merit salvation in any way. None of us deserve it. It is God’s free gift to all who believe. “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ, and thou shalt be saved….” (Acts 16:31).
“For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast” (Ephesians 2:8-9).
Why don’t you pray now and receive Christ as your Savior?
Pray something like this:
“Heavenly Father, I admit that I am a sinner and I ask you to forgive me for all of my sins. I believe that Jesus Christ died for me on the cross and that He rose again from the dead. I confess that He is Lord, and I receive Him now into my heart and life. I turn away from sin and commit my whole life to you. Lord Jesus, help me to live as your disciple; help me to please you with my actions, word, and thoughts. I love you, Lord Jesus! Thank you for hearing my prayer and forgiving me now. Thank you, Lord, for saving me and giving me eternal life, in Jesus’ Name” (I John 5:13).
Find a church that preaches the Bible and attend faithfully. You will blossom and grow into a mature disciple of Christ!

About the Author
Russell K. Tardo, Th.B., M.Min., D.Min., has been the pastor of Faithful Word Assembly in Chalmette, LA. since 1981. Besides being a pastor and conference speaker, he teaches in a local Bible College and has written numerous articles, books and tracts. Married for over 20 years, he and his wife, Diane, have four daughters, Rebecca, Jennifer, Elizabeth, and Sarah.

#69 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 30 August 2007 - 08:56 PM

If we are aware of our selves and our thoughts, we will be more conscious in our actions. When we "sin" it can be seen as an opportunity - a learning situation - we can then move on with the wisdom gained and leave the emotional part behind.

~I've definately learned from my past sins/mistakes. The whole thing only matters if you *don't repeat* your mistakes. Learn....learn from them so you don't have to be like a broken record. Onward & upward!!! And don't dwell on them either....that's going to get you no where.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#70 feusurlaneige

feusurlaneige

Not a very good "ghost" detective!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,248 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 10:09 PM

What do you think? Does Hell exist?

A place that is around us on a different dimension does exist that can be called Hell

Is it a place, lorded over by Satin?

I think that demons who are the devils servants, are in this place also. This place is in the astral realm

Is it a state of mind that we create right here on earth?

It is a state of mind that we create through our own free will when we die and become spirit and it is decided in the short time after death

Is it physical with actual volcanic fire and brimstone?

No it is not physical but is part of the lower end of the spirit world. I do not believe it to be fire and hell butl it is a place of darkness where there is no light of god. Spirits here have little chance of redemption unless they are helped by the living or a spiritual being from the light

Does God send you there?

God doesnt send you there. You send yourself there from the thoughts and idea present at the time of your death. Guilt and anger will send you there. A refusal to review your own life and see where you went wrong will send you there.God does give you the chance of forgiveness but if you refuse to take the hand that is extended to you because of many things ilke fear of god etc ,then you decide your own fate

Does Satin take you there?

Satin doesnt take you there but he has a big influence in shaping your actions and your thoughts during your life.

Will you meet your departed friends there?

I think that yes you can if they had issues but it would not be a friendship. You would not feel love for your friends.

Are you tortured and forced to do the same thing over and over again?

I believe that you create your own existence there.l It is a place of darkenss and so will not be much different from how you lived youir life. If lust and greed and jealousy were present in your life, then youi will be exposed to this tenfold. There is no love there. Love is what can get you out of there. Love is the light that guides you. You have to be willing to accept this help and light. I believe that after a certain amount of time, God sends help for you in many ways. I think this can be through the help of those that are living.I dont believe that those souls who find themselves in this place, are lost forever.

Edited by feusurlaneige, 30 August 2007 - 10:11 PM.

#71 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 07:51 AM

With Halloween just a few days away, I thought this might be an appropriate and compelling topic.

What do you think? Does Hell exist?

Is it a place, lorded over by Satin? :devil:

Is it a state of mind that we create right here on earth? :angry:

Is it physical with actual volcanic fire and brimstone? :wow:

Does God send you there? :whip:

Does Satin take you there? :whoohoo:

Will you meet your departed friends there? :hug:

Are you tortured and forced to do the same thing over and over again? :duel:

I knew a man once with hordes of angry spirits around him and knew for certain, for the first and only time that there was some type of hell and he would get it at least for quite a while. My suspicion is the astral body being torn apart, but its so durable it can continue for a long time.

Another thought... most vile individuals actively building karma (hard to identify), are predatory extroverts who do no work on their souls. When they die-without people to take out their problems on and money to distract-I suppose they live through all the hell of whats wrong with them inside. The other side is controlled a lot by your consciousness-which in their case could create an aggressive, sadistic reality.
"I disagree with fluffymongering"

#72 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:09 PM

Heaven and Hell are limited concepts at best. They are extremes in their meaning. For heaven we must be free from sin (missing the mark). As all lessons come to human beings as they miss the mark, it seems to me none of us is fit for heaven.

Hell is a place for the evil among human beings. For most good living beings that is a bit harsh for ocassional missing the mark in learning and growing. And as it is about learning and growing - not accumulated perfection - then we will all have a lot to answer for as we pass.

I like the explanation of an afterlife available on spheres (some say 5, 7, or 9) which place us where we have spiritually fit ourselves to occupy. Consider the evil among us - they would certainly not be comfortable living among people like Ghandi, or Mother Teresa. On the other hand leaving these spiritual individuals to cope with the Hitlers of our world would not be conducive to their spiritual growth.

IME most of us land on the 3rd sphere through our good living spirituality - maybe a stretch to the 4th for people like Ghandi.

#73 edelweiss

edelweiss

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
  • Interests:I enjoy reading sword and sorcery books, golfing,watching t.v.,learning new things about almost anything,and of course spending time with family and friends.<br /><br />I recently started running and working out to get myself into better shape, but that is hard because I am not a healthy eater.

Posted 21 June 2008 - 11:17 AM

I really do not know if hell exists or not but that begs the question of where does your soul go when you pass on?

I believe that if and when you pass that if you think your in hell and or heaven then that is your souls choice because of the way your mind worked on earth.

>>>Keep your head up.<<<~2 Pac

#74 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:06 AM

there is absolutely no reason for me to believe in hell.

If a god who has created me, and loves me..and I've contribute to his divine plan, wants to send my soul to hell...then hes no god of mine..

why would he go through the trouble of sending part of his creation to hell for all eternity?

People often say bad people go to hell... but who are we to judge whether a person is bad or not? who is god to judge whether a person is bad or not!? Are we bad if we do not follow the 10 commandments?

I dont think so...they are too flawed anyway...

-Roger

#75 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 26 June 2008 - 06:48 PM

I personally believe that hell is what YOU make your time on this planet out to be... It's how you deal with what you are handed. You can live this life as "hell on Earth" or you can go on living as though it is "heaven on Earth"... It's all a mater of how you make it out to be. Does that make sense?
Love life.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users