• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#76 meanderer

meanderer

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 26 June 2008 - 08:18 PM

It makes perfect sense, stella! I was actually going to post that, myself...but I couldn't skim far enough past 'flanker2X29's post without falling asleep... :)

What you have written, young lady, is exactly what I've been telling people for years! Maybe they'll listen to you! ;)
Beannacht ort

#77 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 27 June 2008 - 08:36 PM

I personally believe that hell is what YOU make your time on this planet out to be... It's how you deal with what you are handed. You can live this life as "hell on Earth" or you can go on living as though it is "heaven on Earth"... It's all a mater of how you make it out to be. Does that make sense?

interesting belief stella, it makes sense to me! haha

are you saying you dont believe in an afterlife? or is there a "hell and and heaven, after earth?"

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#78 razorblade_ragdoll

razorblade_ragdoll

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 53 posts
  • Interests:Arts/Pottery (particularly animation), Literature, Writing and Poetry, Music ( I listen to a little of everything, but tend to lean torward the Rock, Metal, and Alternative genres in preference ^^;; ) Softball, Photography and the truth behind the paranormal that may help me finally feel comfortable in my own skin.

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:18 AM

As a place, does Hell exsist--perhaps, I wouldn't doubt it, though in appearences it may be different as to what the current popular belief would have you think. As a state of mind--most definitely. Been there, done that. I'm mostly free of the turmoil that constantly plagues my dreams from my past--but it's like a living hell at full-force, human emotional pain at extremes.

Wings won't take me...Heights don't phase me...So take a step,But don't look down...

Check out my art--any comments are greatly welcomed!:http://s176.photobuc.....ire_B/My Art/

Posted Image

Take a Step...

#79 leonie

leonie

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 740 posts
  • Interests:"We keep on going because of hope. The hope that one day for one moment we'll feel the total unwavering bliss of a second of happiness."

Posted 09 July 2008 - 07:39 AM

I believe that once we die, we dont go anywere. Except six feet under of course. But inside us all we have energy, powering our brain and our bodies, once we die the energy has no were to go so it just kind of sits in the atmosphere, so we leave our own imprints. This way we are able to tap into theses energies if we have the ability and sometimes this energy is able to move things or cause noises.
And these are what we call ghosts or spirits.

"Your just a beautiful freak, I wish there were more like you." - EelsPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#80 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:35 PM

I've probably answered this before, but I revise and change my opinion on it all of the time so I'll give my latest ideas about it.

If I were god, I would probably create a hell myself. Would I set people on fire? NO...I don't think so. But I would make it an appropriate punishment for certain people who have done really evil things in life. Rapists, serial killers, people who abuse children and animals etc. Would it be forever? No...I wouldn't torture people for an eternity. Some of the worse people such as Adolf Hitler I would probably just destroy completely and wipe out of existence. But that's just me...I'm not a god nor do I assume any god should or does think like I do.

Now as far as a real existing hell, I believe it's a state of mind in the after-life. People who have done really bad things in life might create their own personal hell within their minds and play over and over again the things they've done and even experience or feel pain from the evil things they've done. If they had no remorse or guilt while alive, they will when dead and will punish themselves for it probably without even realizing they're doing it to themselves. Some people may realize what's going on and get out of their "hell" and progress spiritually in the after-life, while the worse someone was, the harder it will be for them to do so. Religions that speak of fire and other specific punishments may be doing so in a symbolic, allegorical way and not even mean a real physical fire.

But anyway...just a crazy theory of mine. Obviously I don't know it to be true or anything.

#81 Shawn333

Shawn333

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 04:43 PM

one added thought.....I think the concepts of reward and punishment in the afterlife make sense to a lot of people and cultures because people want to make sense out of seeing evil people prosper and good people having bad things happen to them in this life. Somewhere along the way people started thinking "surely that nice person who had a hard life and then died young will have it better in the next life," and "that millionaire who was evil and selfish his whole life and then had nothing but good luck will have to pay for it in the next life."

#82 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 03:33 AM

I believe the Bible and God said there is Hell.
Wonder what satan would tell ya???
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#83 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 11 July 2008 - 06:01 AM

I believe the Bible and God said there is Hell.
Wonder what satan would tell ya???

That could make quite the topic for healthy debate :wow: I myself think the Hell of the Bible is a figurative place, and that it simply refers to the grave and spending an eternity separated from God. I could go into detail about why I believe that, but I don't know if that's what this thread was intended for, so I'll only start quoting scriptures and citing points of thought upon request lol ;)
Posted Image

#84 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 12 July 2008 - 12:30 AM

Altought I believe the Bible, I have wondered if such a place could really exist. Ya know the lake of fire ect,,, I know it's always refered to as below, but what if its above? Could the Sun be the final abode of the unrighteous dead wherein the ungodly suffer eternal punishment??
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#85 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 09:50 PM

Altought I believe the Bible, I have wondered if such a place could really exist. Ya know the lake of fire ect,,, I know it's always refered to as below, but what if its above? Could the Sun be the final abode of the unrighteous dead wherein the ungodly suffer eternal punishment??

I've never thought much about the possible location if hell were a literal place. I personally don't think it is a physical place so much as a concept, but you bring up an interesting question there. I don't think it would be the Sun specifically, seeing as stars themselves are not eternal (our Sun is just under half-way through it's life span of about 9-10 billion years). But...an interesting thought nonetheless :angry:
Posted Image

#86 docdan

docdan

• Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 10:27 PM

Heaven and hell do exist. Most people go to heaven because they generally do the right thing. There are people that rape kids and torture and kill them though. They do go to hell. Evil does exist in the world and people must pay for it.

The day I don't believe that is the day I just do whatever the hell I want to. I will no longer care about my actions because they will ultimately not matter.

With Halloween just a few days away, I thought this might be an appropriate and compelling topic.

What do you think? Does Hell exist?

Is it a place, lorded over by Satin? ;)

Is it a state of mind that we create right here on earth? ;)

Is it physical with actual volcanic fire and brimstone? :wow:

Does God send you there? :whip:

Does Satin take you there? :angry:

Will you meet your departed friends there? :hug:

Are you tortured and forced to do the same thing over and over again? :duel:

#87 GiaCat21

GiaCat21

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 426 posts
  • Interests:I love to sleep!!! I also enjoy reading, some of my favorite authors would be Stephen King, Anne Rice, and Edgar Allen Poe. My favorite tv shows are Ghost Hunters, America's Most Haunted, I Shouldn't be Alive, anything on the Discovery Health Channel, Myth Busters, Desperate Houswives, Grey's Anatomy, House, American Idol, Trading Spouses, The Simpsons, Family Guy, King of the Hill. But I obviously don't watch any tv. I also enjoy making new, pretty medic alert braclets, and earrings.

Posted 15 July 2008 - 07:01 PM

I personally believe that hell is what YOU make your time on this planet out to be... It's how you deal with what you are handed. You can live this life as "hell on Earth" or you can go on living as though it is "heaven on Earth"... It's all a mater of how you make it out to be. Does that make sense?

interesting belief stella, it makes sense to me! haha

are you saying you dont believe in an afterlife? or is there a "hell and and heaven, after earth?"

Personally I my beliefs a like grrr... What that Robin Williams movie.... "What Dreams may Come".... Only I odn't believe that those who have comitted suicide are punished (feel they've suffereed enough in life)... Only those who truly did bad in life will end up spending eternity in their personal hell. Everyone else will have the choice to remain in their heaven or to reincarnate.... And then there are few who get lost during the process or aren't ready to move on and those are our "ghosts". So yess.... Definately believe in the afterlife. But I think what hell is a personal thing to each person... As is heaven.
Love life.

#88 Der Beamte Des Teufels

Der Beamte Des Teufels

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Interests:Poetry and song, playing the guitar, paranormal study and seances, heavy metal, philosophy, psychology, religion, history, the Astral Plane, meditation, magickry, school. And the list goes on.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 09:33 PM

In my set of beliefs, Hell is an actual place, though on another plane and it is ruled by Satan who we (my sect) know to be the ancient Sumerian god Enki he having revealed this to us thru power meditation and the projection of the subtle body. The one true god/creator and God of the Earth, King of Hell. I personally do not believe in God or Christ or the Bible. I believe Enki (Satan) to be the one true god and the father of mankind as spoken in the Al-Jilwah. He, also, is NOT the Christian Satan. The Christian Satan is not real. I don't believe in it any more than I do the Christian God.

The gods of hell (demons) are all pre-Christian gods; the original gods. They are in no way evil or malevolent, nor is Hell a place of suffering and torment as preached for thousands of years and hammered into the brains of millions in order to induce unneeded fear and persecution. It is in truth paradise. Their greater purpose is to act as teachers and teach humanity. Most of these beings are of Egyptian origin (well-known Egyptian gods) having long been forgotten and spiritually abused by mankind for centuries. They are the Nephilim - ancient extraterrestial beings who came to earth.

So in essence, yes I believe Hell to be real, yes I believe Satan is real and the King of Hell. As a Spiritual Satanist it is my right.
"I slept with faith and found a corpse in my arms on awakening; I drank and danced all night with doubt and found her a virgin in the morning." - Aleister Crowley

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users