• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 12:42 PM

Ok, this isn't so much an encounter....well i guess it is.  Lol i'm already confused  :P  When i was about 4 or 5 years old i had an old man that lived behind my bedroom door.  Iknow, i know,  not much space behind there but anyways; one day, a short time after i'd been talking about this guy my mum was sorting through her old photos and i wanted to help.  As she was going through them i recognised one of the men in the photos as the man behind the door,  it turned out to be my great-grandfather.  Freaky huh?  I will add though that i had a baby dragon under my bed and a lion in my drawer also  :-[ Lol, crazy child i was  :P

#2 mnemosyne

mnemosyne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 01:43 PM

aww that's cute, I had a dragon that lived in the castle in the fish tank. Good times. It's freaky that you saw your great grandfather behind your door.  You seem like you were a bright child with great imagination, maybe you saw a picture of him and remembered or maybe he really was living behind your door. YIKES!
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.Friedrich Nietzsche

#3 rattie_lover

rattie_lover

Village Elder

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 704 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 02:24 PM

my mom said when i was a kid i used to say i would see my deceased greatgrandmother emma when i was 3 and 4. i don't remember seeing her but who knows. oh my lil friend was jenny the rabbit who lived in a hole underground.  :-[ :-[
<: 3 )~.<-----rat, can u tell.love, nicolemy own website: http://nicolekruetzfeldt.tripod.com/

#4 Mystic

Mystic

• Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Location:x0|Cincinnati|USA||0|0|OH,Ohiox0|Cincinnati|USA||0|0|OH,Ohiox0|Cincinnati|USA||0|0|x0|Cincinnati|USA||0|0|x0|Cincinnati|USA||0|0

Posted 11 February 2004 - 04:41 PM

I guess it could've been your imagination, but children are able to see things that adults can't because, I believe children are more open-minded.  

Right after my grandfather died about 3 years ago, I sat down on my couch and my 2 year old child started crying and screaming at me to get off her Papa.  She said he was laying on the couch sleeping and I was sitting on him.  She was frantic.

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 05:35 PM

My daughter had a lion who slept under her bed too and between him and the good monster who stayed in the toy box they kept the evil closet monster at bay
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 11 February 2004 - 10:27 PM

Awwwww....more dragons and lions and even a rabbit!!!  At least i know i wasn't the only one with strange imaginary friends lol!  As for my great-grandfather,  i'm not sure if i imagined him or if he was real but it did make me feel safer.  I also used to talk to my mum about another "Sally" that lived in a dark house and wore dark clothes????  Oh and i don't know if anyone knows anything about palmistry but when i was really small ny head and heart lines were joined into one single straight line.  According to one of my mums books this is a sign of obsessiveness and psychotic behaviour :o  If anyone knows of any other meaning, please please tell me cos' i don't consider myself to be psychotic or obsessive.......hang on the voices are calling :P LMAO

#7 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 12 February 2004 - 09:50 AM

sall--  I had a freakle on my palm--still there but REALLY light now-- was darker, my mother told me something about it making me special, LOL, I don't remember what all she said, I was too young and she's been dead for 17 years.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#8 mnemosyne

mnemosyne

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 137 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 01:10 PM

I wouldn't worry about the lines in your hand, they definately are no indication of obsessive compulsive behavior and certainly not a sign of psychotic behavior. :P most psychotic behavior only has to do with chemical imbalances in the brain and on occasion genetic defects, other types of psychotic behavior are linked to emotional disturbances. The lines in your hand are determined by genetics and are not sufficiently linked to any type of mental illness. Therefore, your hand isn't going to tell you if your psychotic, unless of course you are psychotic and your hand talks to you.  [smiley=cwm27.gif] [smiley=cwm2.gif]
He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.Friedrich Nietzsche

#9 Justice

Justice

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 09:37 AM

I feel left out now, I've missed out on half my childhood from reading this thread!! :'( :'( :'(

JJ. :P

#10 sallogs

sallogs

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:34 PM

LOL!!!!! Unless my hand talks to me........yeh i guess that would make me kinda psychotic.  My hand doesn't talk to me, that would be ridiculous!!!!  My hand talks to the little pixies that sit on my shoulder :P

#11 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 01:53 PM

Sallogs, you need to immediately report to the official GV Asylum under Real Life Occurrences! The rest of us are waiting......
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#12 ZinnianWolf

ZinnianWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 05:42 PM

I haven't had a man behind my door, but I use to get visits from what people who I use to call "the people on the railroad" because of the way they use to come into my room all lined up in a row with there big heads and thin bodies.  They use to come at night  whenever they felt the need to visit me.  One day as I got older, I asked my brother, if he would "see"thing when we were younger at our old apartment, and he described the people walking to my room.  There was always five, the max six, and they would tell me that they were my friends.  I don't remember them ever hurting me, but I do remember feeling very sleepy the closer they got to the room.  I wasn't even afraid then.  If I saw them now though I think I would probably die of shock.  I told my mom about it and she says it was just my imagination.  I don't believe that since my brother can remember them passing by to get to my room.

#13 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 05:27 AM

Zinn-- Wow, to have a verification from someone else would be fabulous!  I would love to have someone to experience the samething I have for the verification that I'm not imagining/hallucinating/or just plain making stuff up.  I envy you, even if it was only that time!
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#14 ZinnianWolf

ZinnianWolf

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 18 February 2004 - 06:25 PM

Imacky, me and my brother still talk about those people sometimes and then we just both get silent because I don't know how to explain it and he doesn't either.  I just know that I never felt fear when they came.  Could be because they always said they weren't going to hurt me and they were my friends. Me and my brother were really close then and even now, and we have witnessed many things that can't be explained.  Now that we are all grown up we go over some of them and come up with possible explanations.  I talked to my dad about two weeks ago and told him about the heat being turned off, and he got silent and told me he had something he has always wanted to tell someone but was afraid to do so.  He told me that when he was little, there used to be a chair that sat in their living room.  The chair could be seen from the hall and there appeared in the chair, a shadowy figure.  He said it look human, but it was dark and it turned around and looked at him.* chills, and biting nails.  He has told me that were he lives now that the cabinets slam and things sometimes open up.  Now my dad is mister macho and mister I an king of the universe, and for him to say that he has experienced things, only makes me feel even more assuring that I am not a nut case.  I have stated befor under the name of IceWing, that I have some other family members who has this gift to see and sense things, but I never thought to ask my dad.  I am still wondering if it passed down in families.  I will have to check around for posts on it. Well I have made this long enough and sorry everyone for taking up so much space

Blessed Be!

#15 Cristelle32

Cristelle32

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 25 February 2004 - 01:21 PM

nice story, Sallogs.  

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users