• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#16 littlemissfitz

littlemissfitz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 07 May 2007 - 08:22 AM

Hi there, Ive looked at the surname & found some info & emailed you direct. Thanks about the book!! I had a 'brainwave' straight after looking at this - went on your Ebay & found someone selling it for 9 dollars including shipping to the UK - Bargain!!! I look forward to its arrival!

#17 rayzrwyre

rayzrwyre

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 749 posts
  • Interests:I am interested in intelligent conversations with like-minded people who share a fascination with all things paranormal........now where would I find such wonderful people like that???

Posted 08 May 2007 - 03:03 PM

Just brought up the satelitte picture of the address given. (city listed as houston, shows up as crosby) I would be willing to bet the woods at the end of the street have got some clues in them. Curious why development was done there as well. Houston is about seven hours away for me, so maybe......
"Excuse me while I slip out of these wet clothes and into a dry martini!" - Groucho Marx

#18 sooz_e

sooz_e

• Pip
  • 8 posts
  • Interests:Supernatural stuff(Duh), Camping, Animals, Arts & Crafts, History, doing research on my ancestors, watching movies, I play around at writing from time to time. I LOVE my state and can not see enough of it (I am a 5th gen Texan), working outside landscaping for my house and my mother's, helping my mother remodel her house.

Posted 08 May 2007 - 09:29 PM

Hi there, Ive looked at the surname & found some info & emailed you direct. Thanks about the book!! I had a 'brainwave' straight after looking at this - went on your Ebay & found someone selling it for 9 dollars including shipping to the UK - Bargain!!! I look forward to its arrival!

Good I am quite glad to her that and did not even think to tell you to look there for it. Thank you for the help on the surname and where to look for info on that as well I am sure it will help. If you ever need a friend in Texas to holler at you have one now.

#19 midwestinvestigator

midwestinvestigator

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 05:45 PM

Hello i recently red a topic about Poppet's Way, and I've been down that street it looks kinda creepy. My mom and my StepDad lives in NewPort about shoot 4 minutes from Poppet's Way. Im thinking about going their and investigating it but im to scared to go alone, so if anyone that lives in Crosby or near the town contact me. Also I sent *Ghost Hunters* a email about this haunted neighborhood, hopefully they'll respond and come and investigate it. Ya know what's funny Im a Delivery Driver from Dominoes in Crosby and I believe one of my co-workers deliverd pizza to 803 Poppet's Way or it could have been an house next to it. So yeah anyway's if anyone is interested in going their one night hit me up, on this topic..

In reply to your posting I lived 11 years on boathook in the back of newport that cuts through to the school which experience alot of acitivity. I am a paranormal investigator with over 27 investigations and also a member of AGS. I am moving back down to Texas to coldspring near livingston and I am trying to find a way to access or find a person in the area of poppets way that would be willing to share stories and let me and a team investigate the area. I would like to get into a home that is located on blackhope cemetery. In my years of lving in Newport all my friends claimed as myself too experienced out of the ordinary phenomena from toliets flushing by themselves, loud noises, smells and also apparitons. I even experienced doppledangers in newport. My haunted history stretches very far from when I was a child to now. So if you are interested I would like to find someone to go and investigate this area but this would be a serious investigation with scientfic equipment -
if interested email me at punk21812000@yahoo.com

#20 nascargrl77

nascargrl77

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:26 PM

Hi I live off of 2100 Last night was the first time I heard of the haunting on poppets way. So me and my sister went looking for it!! Found the street, found one house that was abandoned but Not sure what house it is. This one was 911 poppets way. I will go over there with you I live like 5 min. away.
email me off list, fierytexaspassion@hotmail.com
Thanks Tara

#21 littlemissfitz

littlemissfitz

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 March 2008 - 04:40 AM

Bumping this topic as I'm still interested in what is going on here.

Googling some estate agents in the area i see there are loads of houses empty, up for sale and foreclosed upon in this area.

In some estate agents details they are stating that repairs have been carried out including FITTING NEW TOILETS IN THE HOUSE!!

now why would they do that if there wasn't a problem with the toliets eh....weird!

#22 The_H.U.N.T

The_H.U.N.T

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 April 2008 - 02:36 PM

I believe there was a thread around here awhile back where I posted photos and evp information from when our group has gone out there. We have been out there several times and plan on going back again. We have become friendly with one of the people who lives on the corner of all the action. He is a good friend of ours and always investigates with us when we go out there.

They attempted to start development of what was left of the woods/cemetery but the residents fought them tooth and nail. We have not been out there in 5 months or so but I was told they have not touched a thing since we were last out there. We will be going out there in a few weeks again to see if we get anything new and exciting. :wave:

Thanks,
~Jen~ Founder/Lead-Investigator
The H.U.N.T Paranormal Investigations

#23 The_H.U.N.T

The_H.U.N.T

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 09 June 2008 - 12:41 PM

Well we went again and I gotta tell ya. I dont know what happened but it has gotten so quiet ghost wise. They are so calm its not even funny. I even tried to provoke them and it did absolutely nothing.
The only thing we got was one evp. Sounds like a kid from that slave time period. He's maybe 20 feet away or so but he says "get out the woods". We have it on both audio recorder as well as our video. Can definately tell it was not one of our crew and also the woods have been so thinned out from the developers that you can see fairly well in the area we were in so we would have seen someone if there was anyone there. Not too bad but not like it use to be. Either the ghosts have finally moved on or they are ok and settled with things. But one thing is clear, Poppets way is not a menacing and scary place any longer. :)

#24 HarrisCountyPct3

HarrisCountyPct3

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 July 2008 - 05:13 AM

I grew up in the newport subdivision for most of my life. Growing up i heard many different haunting stories in the area, i never really took any of it to heart. I now work as a patrol officer in the newport subdivision at night and have heard stories of officers seeing and hearing about strange activities on the east end of poppets way. Me and my buddy have sat out there on a couple occasions hoping to see something with no success so far. One day we will work up the courage to go into the woods lol. i will do frequent checks of the area and update this page if anything out of the ordinary happens. I have also heard a story of a woman in one of the corner houses on poppets way shooting herself in the head, supposibley she was hearing voices and seeing abnormal things, in turn driving her crazy... i will do research on that and see if that is true.

#25 manasiab4u

manasiab4u

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 12:06 AM

Have some pictures taken of the end of the east road 100 feet from 803 Poppets way you may find intresting Many orbs and a blue aurora
I cant seem to figure out how to post them here as im not to computer savy so anyone who would like to see them can email me at dvine71@yahoo.com just use poppets way as subject and ill get them to you.

#26 Crone

Crone

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 999 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal investigations, reading, crafts, Genealogy, Renaissance Faires,

Posted 11 August 2008 - 05:37 AM

This link will help you post your photos:
http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=17481

Keep in mind, that all photos belong in the Spiritography board.
Still crazy after all these years. ....Paul Simon.... “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.” ....Pericles......

#27 manasiab4u

manasiab4u

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 11 August 2008 - 08:59 AM

This link will help you post your photos:
http://www.ghostvill...showtopic=17481

Keep in mind, that all photos belong in the Spiritography board.

Thank you i will try that link when i get home from work

#28 monica

monica

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 30 September 2008 - 01:09 AM

I grew up in the newport subdivision for most of my life. Growing up i heard many different haunting stories in the area, i never really took any of it to heart. I now work as a patrol officer in the newport subdivision at night and have heard stories of officers seeing and hearing about strange activities on the east end of poppets way. Me and my buddy have sat out there on a couple occasions hoping to see something with no success so far. One day we will work up the courage to go into the woods lol. i will do frequent checks of the area and update this page if anything out of the ordinary happens. I have also heard a story of a woman in one of the corner houses on poppets way shooting herself in the head, supposibley she was hearing voices and seeing abnormal things, in turn driving her crazy... i will do research on that and see if that is true.

hi i just moved to crosby i live across newport in a new community named crosby village and i heard about this long time ago i think i see it in tv about this house... but i think we should go one day out there and see who wanna go out there it would be intrusting so who evers wanna go im in......
email me at monica79magana@yahoo.com

#29 TAMU

TAMU

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 October 2008 - 09:20 PM

anybody have any tips on visiting black hope? where to go in the woods or anything like that? do the neighbors get mad or call the cops if you park at the end of the street and go into the woods? what about the clearing theyve done for the new development?

#30 rusty2531

rusty2531

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 August 2009 - 05:22 PM

HI there.. a weird thing for you to try.

Go to Google and type in the address for the house at 803 Poppet's Way, Crosby TX. Then go to street view and zoom in the picture above the house near the trees :>)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users