Six-leaf clovers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 JDulius

JDulius

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I have a great interest in paranormal activity(especially ghosts and spirits), and that's the main reason why I'm here.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:21 PM

Do six-leaf clovers have any meaning in any religions? The 3-leaf clover stands for the christian trinity, a forth leaf adds God's grace to it, but this one I found had a sixth leaf :whoohoo:

This one with six leafs looked kind of like the shap of an upside-down penticle(five outer leafs) and a center leaf sticking outward o_O

Could this be a sign of Satan? Or is it just a mutation? My first guess was a mutation and I still believe that could be it, but I want to know everyone else's opinion.

If it has any, what is the meaning behind a six-leaf clover in religion?

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:33 PM

:whoohoo: Wow JD, I've never heard of a 6-leaf clover!! How interesting to be able to actually find one! I'm curious as to what our other GVer's have to say...this is very interesting! Thank you for sharing, sweety!!! :Wall:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 JDulius

JDulius

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • Interests:I have a great interest in paranormal activity(especially ghosts and spirits), and that's the main reason why I'm here.

Posted 05 November 2006 - 08:35 PM

I have scanned it and downsized it with photoshop, so here it is(the darn scanner makes it too big >_<):

Posted Image

It did look like a penticle, until I preserved it in a folded piece of paper...

Edited by JDulius, 05 November 2006 - 08:36 PM.

#4 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 05 November 2006 - 10:26 PM

That is really amazing J. I've never seen a clover like that before. I don't have a clue as to any possible meanings for this, beyond very good luck. Hopefully someone here in the village will be knowledgeable in nature lore.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#5 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:39 AM

Four leaves are rare enough that I've never heard of 5 or 6. As for it being an upside down pentacle, it all depends at the angle you approach it from. I don't think there's anything evil or Satanic about it.

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#6 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:06 AM

Nature can create some amazing things. :) And the association of the three leaf clover with the trinity came about only when St. Patrick was converting the people of Ireland, legend has it that he used the common plant to illustrate when he was teaching them about God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

In my own opinion, the six leaf clover is just one of those nifty things that nature does sometimes and has no religious overtones at all.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#7 JDulius

JDulius

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:38 AM

That's kind of what I figured, just one of natures wonders, but I wasn't for sure. Thanks for the response so far everyone :)

#8 ShadowStorm

ShadowStorm

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • Interests:comparative religions, paganism, the occult, the paranormal, my cats and dogs.

Posted 06 November 2006 - 10:43 AM

If you look at the number 6 in numerology....if you're determined to assign some sort of significance to this clover.....it means home, family and stability.

A good thing, IMO.

I don't know how something so beautiful could have any sort of satanic connotation, unless that is how one's mind is programmed.

Be happy for your discovery! You have double luck!

:)
Posted ImageIn Shadows and StormsShadowStorm

#9 JDulius

JDulius

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 02:55 PM

I never really thought it was satanic, I was just trying to rough everyone up :Wall: I'm not saying I was trying to make people mad, but just to spark up some thought.

I am happy for my discovery ^_^ Thank you :yawn:

#10 insanityplea

insanityplea

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 08:13 PM

Maybe its trying to show you that not everything has a meaning and that it is just there for enjoyment...just a thought.
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users