Click Here To Visit Our Sponsor

Why Me?

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:03 AM

I was just sitting here and something that I thought I had forgotten just came back to me.  I was sitting at the computer playing games when I kept feeling like people were standing around me.  It got very, very cold in the spot where I was sitting and I kept looking in the mirror because I thought I saw someone standing by the dining room table.  When I turned my head to look I didn't see anything but it kept getting colder and colder.  I use the computer at my aunt's house and I know that once here house was a part of the cemetary that is across the street from her house.  She has told me that sometimes when she is lying down to sleep that someone ask her if she is comfortable.  I have seen things mostly shadows but lately I have been feeling them so close by.  I was wondering if ghost/spirits are attracted to some people versus others and if so why.  They seem to be extremely attracted to me and I don't  always want to talk to them or want them to talk to me (especially when I am playing a good hand of majong solitaire).  I have always been sensitive and sometimes it seems be heightened at certain places versus others.  Why are they so attacted to me and why do they feel the need to tell me their story.  Any advice would be helpful.

Blessed Be~

#2 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,391 posts
  • Interests:Life

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:08 AM

I use the computer at my aunt's house and I know that once here house was a part of the cemetary that is across the street from her house.

this is one reason why you feel so many people around!

I was wondering if ghost/spirits are attracted to some people versus others and if so why. †They seem to be extremely attracted to me and I don't †always want to talk to them or want them to talk to me (especially when I am playing a good hand of majong solitaire). †I have always been sensitive and sometimes it seems be heightened at certain places versus others. †Why are they so attacted to me and why do they feel the need to tell me their story.

usually certain people have more an "subtly open" mind to connect to other realms. Without our knowledge, we attract spirits. And why they need to tell their story? I guess on a telepathic level, they may be reading your thoughts and they might have realized you will understand and will try to help, if needed.
Posted Image

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 11:32 AM

I always try to keep an open mind about everything.  I feel it is important to not close yourself off. I have been that way since I can remember.  I consider myself very optimistic.  I know that everybody thinks differently and I know that there are people who may not agree with me when I say just because you can't see or touch something doesn't mean that it's not there.  Everything can't be explained away by science. I was reading a friend of mines book on meditation and there was a passage that stuck with me. To sum it up it said that most people today are too busy to realize the going abouts of the worlds that are parallel to us.  I agree with that whole heartedly.  Sometimes I think that the way your raised as a child has a lot to do with what you believe and don't believe.  As children we are told that it is just our imagination when we say we saw something.  I think this closes some of us off as adults and gives us the ability to just explain things away and not think of it anymore.

#4 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 14 December 2003 - 12:15 PM

Why Me? I asked this question when I was about 13 or 15. I never really had an answer. At that age I felt I was a freak. There was no way I was going to tell anyone about what was happening. The people I did tell treated me a lot different, I was starting to become an outcast even in my own family. I made a conscious decision that I was going to be normal. I didnít tell anyone how I felt or about anymore experiences. I would keep it to myself and hopefully it would go away. Well it didnít go away. I still had these experiences, I would still hear and see things. I am not sure if the spirits were actually seeking me out, but they knew I was there. I had to change my tactics. I thought maybe that religion would protect me. If I was a good Christian/luthern/catholic/buhdist, that they would leave me alone. The only problem with this is religions were based on rules and regulations. I was told more than once that these feelings were evil and I was basically unclean. They told me I was doing something to cause the ďEvilĒ spirits to torment me, and I should repent all my sins and be saved. Foolishly I did repent more than once. I am not even sure what sins I repented that age. The ghost still came. The people of religion could not except the fact that their answers werenít working. They decided that I was evil (even though they did not say this outright). Some said I needed to talk to a physiatrist. That is the first time I said ďto hell with religionĒ. I decided I was on my own. I will deal with it. I kept my secret and lived life normal.

I canít remember when my attitude changed but I started to accept that I was different and I might as well have some fun with it. I had something that most people didnít have. It was cool. I opened up my mind. I questioned life, death, existence, science, religion, trees, flowers, people, and my whole surroundings. The experiences came and went and I treated them like learning experiences. I came up with my own ideas, and hypothesis. I learned to fight the evil spirits when I had to and talk to the good spirits whenever I could.

IceWingGales you could be at the pivotal point in your life. Donít ask the question why, but ask the question what do I want to do now. I am not an expert and I do not have your answers. I donít know if anyone out there has the answer your seeking. It may be that you have to change the question.

• Guests

Posted 14 December 2003 - 01:26 PM

Hi Sam.

I thank you for the post.  I too have had very similar experience with some people as you have described.  I don't think that changing my religious beliefs will answer my question or make the things that I feel and sometimes see go away.  I asked the question because I have had people view me as crazy when I tell them what happened.  I think my sanity is well intact and I know for sure that I am not losing my mind.  My son experiences the samethings that I do.  I get angry when people tell him it is just his imagination or they question the way I raise him.  I practice the old religion and I have been told that because of this that I am going to hell and that I am the one attracting evil spirits.  The spirits that are present aren't harmful and I think they only make a lot of noise sometimes because they want to be heard.  I have been told that I have to go and get my son saved immediately and not to have him around the things I associate myself with because I am condemning him.  I don't believe these things to be true and what ever he believes in is his choice.  I don't push my religion on my son and he only participates when he wants to.  I have 3 other family members who have this gift and my grandmother who has passed had the same.  I guess the question I should have been asking is whether or not being sensitive is passed down from generation to generation in families. :-/

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 14 December 2003 - 07:40 PM

Spirits always seek out the most sensative person around.  Just imagine if you were stuck someplace that you didn't want to be and there was a telephone and you didn't know anyone's number...would you dial random numbers until you got someone that would listen to you and maybe be able to help you?  I kind of equate it to that.  They want to communicate and since they know that you can hear them, they will try and communicate with you.  Just my take on it. ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 lone

lone

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 December 2003 - 07:45 PM

I often think why me also .It seems that once you have seen a ghost or orb or anything of that nature you are doomed to search for an answer that will never be found. As for the people who look at you like you have really lost the plot well I think they are the unlucky ones at least we have seen things that some other people never will.

#8 Bridget

Bridget

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 15 December 2003 - 07:05 AM

Aren't you all greatful that you found Ghost Village, a place where people will not ridicule you and where you can openly share your experiences without people thinking you're crazy! ;)
If it looks like an orb, floats like an orb, it must be an orb!If you're reading this, you're too close!________________________________________________Posted Image

#9 Sammy_Da_Cat

Sammy_Da_Cat

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 930 posts
  • Interests:Buddhism, hiking, meditation, Tai Chi, Yoga, reading, spending quality time with my family, and of course the paranormal.

Posted 15 December 2003 - 12:47 PM

Well IceWingGales we have almost the same problem. I too have a son that I have to worry about. Thatís why I am actually here. My problem is I donít know if my son is a sensitive. We do not live in a haunted house and ghost do not follow me home (although some may have wanted to) so he isnít around that part of my life that much. About to months ago my wife, son and I were visiting a local historical landmark when I felt that something was there. To make a long story short I freaked out and told yelled to my wife that we had to get out of there. I was afraid I was putting my son in harms way and I donít know if I dealt with it correctly. If he is a sensitive I know I will be there to guide him but some of the tough decisions he may have to make himself. I think the best thing I can do is give him the chance to learn about it if he wants to and understand if he doesnít. If he isnít a sensitive he may consider me a strange but I am sure he will still love me.

I could not tell you if sensitivity is passed down from generation to generation. A lot of the articles I read say that there is a strong chance that this is true. They also say that the gift passes between females though. I donít know if that is exactly true. I am still trying to find out why I am a sensitive (I have stories I am not telling yet).

Bridget
Aren't you all greatful that you found Ghost Village, a place where people will not ridicule you and where you can openly share your experiences without people thinking you're crazy!  

I am very very very happy I have found this place. I wish I had access to this knowledge when I was going through my earlier rough stages.

• Guests

Posted 28 December 2003 - 08:15 PM

I think you are very lucky to have the ability to communicate with the other side.Being sensitive is passed down generation to generation and its not only to women it is also passed to sons.I have read all of Sylvia Brown's books and she has passed the gift to her son and her granddaughter was given the gift from her father.Please read hr books I think you will understand being sensitive even more after you read about it.
I have become more sensitive myself since I took advice from her books.I enjoy being able to see and hear things from the ones who have crossed over. You have been given a great gift put it to good use.

#11 aloha_spirit

aloha_spirit

I'm 100% Poi Dog!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,534 posts
  • Interests:Computer Programming, Books, Movies, Nature, Religion.

Posted 30 December 2003 - 03:38 AM

As previously posted, I first noticed things when I was 5 or 6.  Of course I never talked about it with my parents - we were stout Mormons, and good Christians stay in the light.

I only shared experiences with two of my brothers and a small group of friends.  They all wanted to see my shadow person.  As our curiousity grew, so did our audacity.  Without our parents' knowledge we strayed into the dark.

As time passed and I got to know the shadow better, he became more than a shadow.  I could see his skin tone and eyes.  He stopped hugging the walls.  One day, when I was 9, he made me an offer.  You see my dad was unemployed.  Everything I owned was handed down from older brothers (and I was sure I'd pass to my younger brother).  This shadow told me of a better life.  He promised a good job for my dad and wealth beyond my wildest dreams.  He told me that he could give me the world - anything I wanted, if I promised to spend eternity with him.

I looked into his steel-blue eyes and knew he was serious.  What power did this shadow have to make such an offer?  He started tapping his boot trying to get me to answer.

Meakly, I muttered "no."  His eyes opened wider and pierced through me.  Again he made the same proposal - the world was mine, if I would be his.  This time I yelled "no!" and ran down the stairs and out the door.  I was at my friend's house in no time flat.

At dinnertime I finally returned home.  After eating, I went upstairs to my room.  It was clear - the shadow was gone.

When I finally managed to doze off, a nightmare kept playing through my mind.  I saw my family in the streets begging for hand-outs.  My baby sister was sick from the cold.  Then my tattered self looked into the window of one of the near-by mansions.  My parents were sitting by the fireplace.  My mother had a new gold necklace.  A servant told them that supper was served.  As my family gathered, my eyes focussed on the fire.  I saw myself on a spit in the flames.

At this point something sharp poked my back.  I suddenly wake up to see the shadow with some sort of blade.  As he left through the window he told me he would be watching me and my posterity.  I still bear that mark.

Later that Summer my family moves to Hawaii - my parents oblivious to what I went through.  As time passes, these memories fade.

I left out quite a few details.  And the answer has not yet been revealed - why me?  After catching some shut-eye I will post the answer (hey, it's another story).

I didn't lose my mind - I have it backed up on a disk ... somewhere

#12 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 31 December 2003 - 03:14 AM

Icewing, how I see it, is, in the realm of the spirits, a sensitive shines brighter, like a beacon.... it tends to draws things to us a lot more so.

• Guests

Posted 01 January 2004 - 01:39 PM

Reading this makes me feel comforted knowing that I am not alone.  I do enjoy coming here because I am not looked at as an outsider and all opinions are respected.  It is too bad that everyone in the world doesn't feel the same about respecting and excepting others for the differences and equalities.  Thanx guys.

Blessed Be~

#14 lmackey

lmackey

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 09 January 2004 - 10:30 AM

Imagine being in a crowded room, everyone is chatting, giggling, and having a good time, but everytime you try to be part of that you are completely ignored.  That is how it is for spirits.  They know when someone senses them, just like you know when someone is listening or just pretending to.  When they finally find someone who can comunicate they get excited and try to get their attention.  Unfortunately they do not deal with time as we do.  I have had spirits bug me until I did listen.  Unfortunately, I am still not comfortable enough to "listen" in public and have had my share of tagalongs.  Your best bet is to listen, comunicate.  It is my belief that that's all they really want(well, most, there are exceptions), to be noticed.
lmackey, the (Ghost) Village Idiot

#15 UnkleBunny

UnkleBunny

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 242 posts

Posted 10 January 2004 - 12:48 PM

I'd say, jsut use your judegement... as there are things out there, that ain't ghosts, that amy try to be not nice things, toward you, and attempt to use trickery... luckily, those things, more often than not are highly impatient, and can't keep the fact they are naughty,  hidden for too long.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users