• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Steph K

Steph K

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 13 November 2006 - 12:15 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Have any of you every been to White Cemetary?

If not, I have a story for you. Its actually my husband's story but 2 other people can back it up. First off just let me say that he will not even drive down Cuba road anymore... he will purposely find a different route just so he doesn't have to go past it.

Here is his story...

When My husband was about 20 or 21 him, his mom and their next door neighbor were sitting together. It was about midnight and they were bored. His neighbor had the idea to go look at White Cemetery because she heard that it was haunted. SO they all piled into my husbands car and they drove the 20 or so odd minutes to Barrington. Upon pulling onto Cuba Road, my husband (Will) noticed the weather was changing. IT was the middle of August and it was 80 degrees with humidity outside. As soon as they pulled into White Cemetary, it became so cold that they could see their breath. Will decided to get out and have a look. As he put his foot down on the ground out of nowhere a wolf howled. THis was enough for him, he closed the car door and got the hell outta there. He had just pulled out of the cemetary when out of his rearview mirror, he saw a black car behind him. It had 6 headlights, three on each side. He looked down for a second and looked back up again and the car was gone. There was no place on that road the other car could have turned off. Pretty creepy if you ask me. He will never go down that road again.
I wonder if any one else has had an experience like this....

#2 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 04:58 PM

Creepy.

#3 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 14 November 2006 - 07:28 PM

Hi Steph K and welcome to Ghost Village! Now that was a creepy story...the kind I'd love to hear during a thunderstorm! That's a place I'll have to look up and see what they say about it on the internet as I just love cemetaries. I've personally never experienced anything like that before...but you told your story so well, it was like I was right there! :hug: But as far as the car with 6 headlights one minute and not the next...that could've been anything. Such as another vehicle with fog-lights behind you, then turning them all off to give the impression as though it just dissappeared. But that's just my opinion on that part of the story. Thank you so much for sharing and again, welcome! :hug:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#4 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 14 November 2006 - 09:41 PM

I've personally never experienced anything like that before...but you told your story so well, it was like I was right there! :hug:

So did you have to change your knickers, Laurie? :hug:

#5 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 06:57 AM

I've personally never experienced anything like that before...but you told your story so well, it was like I was right there! :weeee:

So did you have to change your knickers, Laurie? :weeee:

LOL!!! All I have to say is...thank goodness my computer is close to my bathroom! LOL!!! :weeee: :weeee:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#6 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:09 AM

http://www.cirrusima...te_cemetery.htm

Hope this opens......Web page for White Cemetery.

My family lives in a nearby suburb...think I will take a drive out there when I visit.

Edited by squirrelgardens, 15 November 2006 - 07:10 AM.

Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#7 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts

Posted 15 November 2006 - 07:48 AM

Thank you Squirrelgardens, for posting that link! :weeee:

#8 Grigorian

Grigorian

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 12:50 PM

Thats an interesting story Steph...ill have to say people with stories like this i envy, ive never had SUCH an intense spiritual (?) phenomina or visual anomaly happen to me, per say. i think that i wouldnt be able to leave if on a balmy 80 degree day i could see my breath, just from going into a cemetery..that would only make my curiosity grow..lol..the wolfs howl may warn me, but probably wouldnt concern me too much..the car however, lol.that i would have wanted to see...isnt Cuba Road near Cuba,IL?..isnt that a ghost town now?..maybe im thinking of Secor?..hmm...either way i have heard of White Cemetery before..ill definately have to put it in the schedule to go investigate soon, when its a little wamer..lol...

#9 squirrelgardens

squirrelgardens

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 66 posts
  • Interests:Amtrak to spooky destinations.

Posted 20 November 2006 - 02:01 PM

Thats an interesting story Steph...ill have to say people with stories like this i envy, ive never had SUCH an intense spiritual (?) phenomina or visual anomaly happen to me, per say. i think that i wouldnt be able to leave if on a balmy 80 degree day i could see my breath, just from going into a cemetery..that would only make my curiosity grow..lol..the wolfs howl may warn me, but probably wouldnt concern me too much..the car however, lol.that i would have wanted to see...isnt Cuba Road near Cuba,IL?..isnt that a ghost town now?..maybe im thinking of Secor?..hmm...either way i have heard of White Cemetery before..ill definately have to put it in the schedule to go investigate soon, when its a little wamer..lol...

I posted a link above....and yes it was in Cuba City. But as you know it is all a sprawling suburbia called Barrington, etc.

Do you have any information about Cuba City? I am interested in the history of the area.
Mother of three fur babies. Lover of all wildlife.

#10 Sci-Fi16

Sci-Fi16

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 71 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, History, Treasure Hunting

Posted 20 November 2006 - 05:50 PM

[font=Comic Sans Ms]Have any of you every been to White Cemetary?

If not, I have a story for you. Its actually my husband's story but 2 other people can back it up. First off just let me say that he will not even drive down Cuba road anymore... he will purposely find a different route just so he doesn't have to go past it.

Here is his story...

When My husband was about 20 or 21 him, his mom and their next door neighbor were sitting together. It was about midnight and they were bored. His neighbor had the idea to go look at White Cemetery because she heard that it was haunted. SO they all piled into my husbands car and they drove the 20 or so odd minutes to Barrington. Upon pulling onto Cuba Road, my husband (Will) noticed the weather was changing. IT was the middle of August and it was 80 degrees with humidity outside. As soon as they pulled into White Cemetary, it became so cold that they could see their breath. Will decided to get out and have a look. As he put his foot down on the ground out of nowhere a wolf howled. THis was enough for him, he closed the car door and got the hell outta there. He had just pulled out of the cemetary when out of his rearview mirror, he saw a black car behind him. It had 6 headlights, three on each side. He looked down for a second and looked back up again and the car was gone. There was no place on that road the other car could have turned off. Pretty creepy if you ask me. He will never go down that road again.
I wonder if any one else has had an experience like this....

Wow, great story! :clap: I can actually back that one up for you too. This isn't about White Cemetary, but it's a very similiar story nonetheless.

I'm from Prince Edward Island, Canada, yeah, the province so small we're often times left off the map. Islanders are very accustomed to the paranormal, as we have a very long history full of legends, folklore, and what have you. Now I'll tie my story of a story in with yours. It is documented fact that in the mid 19th century, or whenever it was before we had cars on the island, a man was walking down a back country road late one night. Off in the distance, he could make out very distinct lights, two of them, coming at him fast. Smartly, he stepped off the road, as the two lights came roaring by him. Very much bewildered, not much was said, until the first car arrived on the island. It turns out that what he saw that night was a sort of forerunner of cars coming to the island. I believe what your husband saw was possibly a forerunner of perhaps cars that we might see sometime in the future. :)

#11 ghosthabit

ghosthabit

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 November 2006 - 06:46 PM

Wow!@ Scary. I don't live very far from there and now I have to investigate it. I'm a little excited. Whenever I venture out to investigate hauntings I always say a prayer and surround myself with white light. Great story.

Ghosthabit :clap:

#12 EROK

EROK

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 July 2008 - 05:11 PM

Hi Everyone, I wanted to share my story.

I grew up in Arlington Heights and Cuba Road is where we would go to get spooked. There were tales of mobster houses, insane asylums and of course tales about the cemetery. The only tales I had heard up until this point were that if you drove past the mobster house too many times a van chased you down, that the insane asylum was still around, and my friends who were big tough Marines were even spooked in the cemetery which had a vanishing house on it's property.

One Friday the 13th when I was about 19 my friend and I were bored and decided to go spook ourselves out. We noticed there were kids in the cemetery and decided to play a trick on them. So I pulled my car up on the side of the road, rolled down my windows, and we started screaming at the tops of our lungs. The teenagers came FLYING out of the cemetery looking like they were going to be sick. (Forgive me, we were teens!)

As we drove off I saw white orbs hovering in the cemetery. The other teens jumped in their car and came after us realizing it had been a trick. We turned around up the road and came back past the cemetery again seeing the orbs. We were so confused. Who could have been in the cemetery still? We decided it must have been more teens wearing white shirts and running.

About a month later my friend was doing a project for school on parnormal activity. She called me and asked me to come look at what she found in the library. It was a story about a black car pulling up to the cemetery and about white orbs! I could've died. Did my car/actions/Friday the 13th combo set off a series of events?

In any case, let me share with you, that I had NEVER heard the story of the orbs before I saw them. I promise you that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users