• Please log in to reply
48 replies to this topic

#31 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:34 PM

VERY good point Bella. I've often wondered the same thing.

#32 little turtle

little turtle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 03:54 PM

I missed "the Man" episode last night :weeee: well I caught some of it, but not all. Freaky!

The well one made me mad they ended the show wierd. What happened to the mom that lived in the house? Did the family make up?
Posted Image

#33 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 05 January 2007 - 04:36 PM

Ok, I'm glad I'm on the same page.

The "Man" episode was totally freaky! Bella Rose, when the Mom asked where her son got the picture he replied that "Man" gave it to him and when she asked who it was, he replied that it was "Man". Ohhhhhhhh girl..........that gave me the shivers! What I couldn't believe was how the Mom went into the boys room to see if she could feel and see what the boy did and that part was so scary. How brave of her to do that. I think I would have had the boy exorcised and then I would nail and cement the room up and NEVER go in there. Geesh.

It makes you wonder. Sometimes you want to encourage a child's imaginary friend but not after watching that episode. Then today of all things, my three yr old starts talking about an imaginary friend named "Debby" and I was like, "Sure but Debby has to stay outside ok?" Yeah.................not invited in the house.

#34 jenillumine

jenillumine

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 54 posts
  • Interests:Of loving heart~ Finding my way thru the unity in the multiverse.<br /><br />Constant student of new idea's and thinking outside the box.<br />Medium in potential~ Good listener/Friend and intuitive.<br />

Posted 12 October 2007 - 07:02 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread/topic on the TV show:
A Haunting -discovery channel

So, I thought I would post here about today's show.
here's a summery of the episode today:

Stacy Jones is a paranormal investigator in New York state who's considered an expert on dealing with unruly spirits. After allowing her teenaged son Jamie to accompany her on a cemetary investigation, she's shocked to discover odd scratchs on his legs. Soon afterwards, objects begin flying across the rooms and unearthly sounds are heard throughout their house. Stacy becomes convinced that a malevolent spirit has attached itself to Jamie and is now attempting overtake his soul. Unable to handle the situation alone, she turns to fellow expert John Zaffis for help.
Airs: Friday October 12, 2007

This show today was really intense.

First off I was thinking of investigating in cemetaries.
I am now re-thinking that. I understand one can be
vulnerable on many levels at any given time. But
honestly, why walk blind into something and perhaps
up your odds on bringing something back with you?
Perhaps not effecting you but someone around you even?
A chance I am not willing to take.

Secondly, This show has an exorcism re-enacted in it.
And what bothered me the most is they used this demon's
name out loud in the show. I had heard you should never repeat
names like this in any manner outside of an exorcism and especially
not in on a TV show aired and viewed by millions. I was thinking how
irresponsible of those involved in making the show. Perhaps the exocism
wasn't complete because they allowed this to happen? Just a thought.
Love and Light~
Jennifer
Posted Image"Better to ~illuminate~ than merely to shine, to deliver to others contemplated truths than merely to contemplate." -Saint Thomas Aquinas

#35 AbbeyRoad52

AbbeyRoad52

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 03:43 AM

I love this show! I watch it whenever I can. I was watching it earlier today, the one that takes place in England where this guy owns this pub. Apparently long ago there was a couple who had a daughter, named Jessica. The father was brutally cruel and he murdered the daughter and his wife. The pubs current three owners and one of the frequent customers witness paranormal encounters including one where one of the female pub owners confronts the man asking why he killed Jessica.

This show is very interesting.

#36 chewie413

chewie413

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 16 November 2007 - 11:32 AM

i love a haunting

#37 midnightangel

midnightangel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 32 posts
  • Interests:Reading, Writing, anything Paranormal, graphics and having fun.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 12:29 PM

I do like the show, though I've only seen it a few times here and there because I work on Thursday nights. From what I've gotten too see I do like it though.
Yours in Darkness, Midnight AngelPosted Image

#38 BellaRose

BellaRose

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts
  • Interests:My SON (the Sunshine of my Life!!!!), Reading,<br />Bellydancing, My Pets, Sharing Information.<br /><br />ROSE &amp; THE TAROT<br />I have been studying the TAROT for 25+ years and have given readings to both the Famous and Non-Famous alike.<br />I have NEVER charged for a reading....<br />I studied extensively with Shekhinah Mountainwater<br />(1939-2007) from 1998 thru 2000. I was ordained as a Priestess in 1999.<br /><br /><br />QUIZILLA<br />CHECK OUT MY QUIZZES, POETRY, &amp; POLLS:<br />http://www.quizilla.com/users/6CentsRose/

Posted 16 November 2007 - 02:29 PM

I didn't want to start a new thread/topic on the TV show:
A Haunting -discovery channel

So, I thought I would post here about today's show.
here's a summery of the episode today:

Stacy Jones is a paranormal investigator in New York state who's considered an expert on dealing with unruly spirits. After allowing her teenaged son Jamie to accompany her on a cemetary investigation, she's shocked to discover odd scratchs on his legs. Soon afterwards, objects begin flying across the rooms and unearthly sounds are heard throughout their house. Stacy becomes convinced that a malevolent spirit has attached itself to Jamie and is now attempting overtake his soul. Unable to handle the situation alone, she turns to fellow expert John Zaffis for help.
Airs: Friday October 12, 2007

This show today was really intense.

First off I was thinking of investigating in cemetaries.
I am now re-thinking that. I understand one can be
vulnerable on many levels at any given time. But
honestly, why walk blind into something and perhaps
up your odds on bringing something back with you?
Perhaps not effecting you but someone around you even?
A chance I am not willing to take.

Secondly, This show has an exorcism re-enacted in it.
And what bothered me the most is they used this demon's
name out loud in the show. I had heard you should never repeat
names like this in any manner outside of an exorcism and especially
not in on a TV show aired and viewed by millions. I was thinking how
irresponsible of those involved in making the show. Perhaps the exocism
wasn't complete because they allowed this to happen? Just a thought.
Love and Light~
Jennifer

Hi Jen,
This is an excerpt from my GV Blog that I thought was relevent to your concerns.
( I saw that episode, too)

I cannot emphasize enough how important it is to learn how to psychically protect yourself.
Very often we are so excited to be having a psychic experience that we lose perspective in the Present. We must remember that psychic ability is not fleeting. It is most important to learn how to bring our spiritual "gifts" under control because if you are not controlling your psychic experiences...
They are controlling you.
What I mean by this is, that it's safer to learn how and when to open up one's Psychic Doors than to have them open ALL of the time. You wouldn't leave the front door of your house unlocked for anyone to enter would you? Well, neither should you leave your Psychic Doors open.

CLOAK of INSULATION-
Genuine, expedient, pleasant, positive, affirmative thoughts said verbally or silently before calling forth psychic energy, psychic information, or etheric world intelligences; these good ergs of energy sent out from the brain will surround the psychic or medium and prevent negative, harmful, or erroneous psychic energy from entering the psychic's mind.

#39 Gherick

Gherick

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 03:14 AM

My brother and I both watch it together often. We sit there with a scorecard and count how many things we used to see ourselves in our old house up in Erie on the show. A few episodes, we counted as high as 7.

I know exactly what each and everyone of those people go through. It can and will leave a person changed for life.

#40 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 12:48 PM

Not to dig up this old thread but I am not to thrilled about "A Haunting". Every episode I have watched is about something bad! Either a demon is there, a demon is possessing someone, a malevolent poltergeist is terrorizing someone, something is attacking someone, the family flees the house and is left scarred for life, etc. I am beginning to see a pattern with many paranormal shows that like to focus on the scare factor. Frankly, I get tired of it.

Why doesn't someone have a paranormal show that just tells about Great-Granny's ghost that likes to hum tunes and knit in her rocking chair? Or maybe the ghost of a little boy that wants to play with the toys of the children. Or maybe a show about the family dog who comes back as a ghost and lays at his master's feet. Why, I'll tell you why, THAT STUFF IS BORING!!!! Like it or not, people like to get scared while watching shows of this nature. If there was a legitimate way to make a paranormal show that gives a heartwarming story and yet remains entertaining, I'd tune in every week.

Edited by Axman, 10 January 2008 - 12:48 PM.

Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#41 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:17 PM

Ax,
You hit the nail on the head. I was thinking the same thing when I read the topic. Everything is got to be bad. heck who would want to go ghost hunting after watching some of this stuff.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#42 Axman

Axman

Chainsaws are better......

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,629 posts
  • Interests:Ghost hunting of course! Motorcycles is a big interest of mine. I also am a guitar player (hence my username) but I haven't practiced much over the last year or two. I also enjoy spending time with my wife and family when possible.

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:41 PM

I recall the Travel Channel was showing a series/special called "Haunted Places" that basically told the stories behind hauntings in various locations. They had one of the Lizzy Borden house and that one inn in Gettysburg as well as a show about "Robert" the haunted doll. "Robert" is probably the most famous of haunted dolls as being very evil in nature. The show they did about "Robert" was heartwarming and interest if nothing else.
Ah. Well... I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the EXORCIST ABOUT A HUNDRED AND SIXTY-SEVEN TIMES, AND IT KEEPS GETTING FUNNIER EVERY SINGLE TIME I SEE IT... NOT TO MENTION THE FACT THAT YOU'RE TALKING TO A DEAD GUY... NOW WHAT DO YOU THINK? You think I'm qualified? --BeetlejuiceI'm the ghost with the most, babe.--BeetlejuiceWe've come for your daughter Chuck--Beetlejuice

#43 AnnieV

AnnieV

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 646 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:57 PM

I like watching the show now and again, but I'm pretty sure that how they portray any ghostly activity is greatly exaggerated from what really happened....though I'm sure the reason for that is just what the previous few posts stated....to scare people and be more entertaining. In any case, I think it's interesting to watch.
Posted Image

#44 Mark London

Mark London

So open minded that his brain has fallen out....watch your step

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts
  • Interests:If they need me I help them

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:01 PM

I hope it comes to the UK, so I can watch it ! :weeee:

#45 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 02:46 PM

Poor Mark we gona have to put together a care pakage of dvd's for ya.

I love the travel ch shows on hauntings.I watch them over and over. I would rather watch those rerun than channel surf.
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users