• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 dizemisliz

dizemisliz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 04:53 AM

:o

Was hoping someone could give me a explanation of what happened last night......... My children and I were sitting watching tv about 9:00pm when we all heard a very clear knocking on our glass door that is between our kitchen and back entry room. My dog began to bark and she ran for the door. I thought this was weird because I knew all the other doors were locked making it impossible for anyone to be in there. We went to the door and of course noone was there. Then within about 20 min. or so I heard all this noise comming from upstairs. It was my cat tearing around the whole upstairs floor. Running with her nails into the carpet and just going crazy. The thing with that is she is 6 years old and is very lazy, not really into running around anymore. Man I have chills now. Anyway I have heard  somethings pertaining to knocks on glass and how cats act when a spirit is present......any thoughts???

#2 secretsign

secretsign

Loves to take trash and make treasures

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 08:05 AM

Well give us a little history on your house. Is this the first time anything has happened? How long have you lived there? Any strange feelings in any part of the house,like cold spots?
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#3 dizemisliz

dizemisliz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 09:28 AM

Well, we have lived here for 3 years. Its a older home and from what I info I have it seems as though the land dates back into the late 1800's. And I think the house may have been built in the early 1920's if not a little earlier. As far as things going on in the house, I have always noticed smells........mainly flowers or perfume like smells. Very strong at times. Like I said the house is old and drafty so no real notice of cold spots. The oddest thing is there have been many times I have come home and I have this nagging feeling that someone has been in the house. Its a very scary feeling. That and the smells happen alot. Oh yeah (and this is out on a limb) my bedroom closet is always bitter cold. I figure its because its on a outside wall and there might not be much insulation but its soo much colder than the rest of the house at any given time. Dont think that means anything but it stands out.

#4 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 05:14 PM

Some of the things that you said are indications of possible paranormal activity. The closet being colder than the rest of the house could mean somthing but it could be just what you said.Is it colder in the hotter months also?Pets have a funny way of acting when spirits are around.They may look like they are watching something that you can't see,bark at empty space and sometimes they stay clear of certain areas of the house. If you know someone in the area that has been there awhile you may be able to find out some history of the house, like who has lived and possibly passed there. If you are interested in finding out more the courthouse records are also a place to look. I'd just keep a check on things, maybe a  keep a little book of things that happen and see where that goes.If it's no more than the knocking and the pets acting a little weird you should be ok :)
Slainte mhor agus a h-uile beannachd duibh Good health and every blessing to you

#5 wayne2241

wayne2241

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 450 posts
  • Interests:Listen to Spooks R Us on the Para-X radio network, Mondays at 10pm eastern time, 7pm pacific. Go to http:www.para-x.com

Posted 18 December 2002 - 05:41 PM

I would definately keep a notebook of things that you experience, noting date, time, circumstances of occurance, your mental state at the time and anything else you can possibly think of, but these as a minimum. Do the other mombers of your household experience the phenomena also? If so are they able to record their own accounts independantly of yours?

Also the suggestion earlier of talking with neighbors who have lived in the area for a while is right on the money. They may know of a reason why these things are occuring, or have witnessed something themselves as a guest.

How long have you lived in the house?

MRIP

Posted Image

Listen to Spooks R Uson the Para-X network on Mondays at 9pm eastern time, 7pm pacific time. http:www.para-x.com

#6 dizemisliz

dizemisliz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 19 December 2002 - 04:33 AM

We have lived here 3 years. I'll see what I can find out about the house!!

#7 hurdingcats

hurdingcats

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 150 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 11:53 AM

Hi Dizemisliz, we live in a house that is over 100 yrs old and had a cat when we first moved here a few yrs ago. He used to act weird at times just like you described. He liked to sleep curled up on the rug at the top of the front stairs and from time to time he would wake suddenly and bolt down the hall to the back room and hide under something all the while looking down the hall with his eyes wide in frieght. There was never anything there that could be seen. Other times he would sit and stare at the wall following some unseen thing with his eyes. I took pictures of him and in 2 of them there are orbs. This was one of the first indications that my house was haunted. We no longer have any pets, but there have been several unexplained occurances at my house since then. These events are what got me started on ghost hunting and have often wanted to have a real investigation done.

#8 dizemisliz

dizemisliz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 01:05 PM

I'll have to try taking some pictures. Do digital cameras work as well as regular??  My cat acts very strange from time to time. And like right now she has dissappeared. I know she is in the house but where I have no idea!! It took me a long time to feel settled in this house, I still sleep with the tv on......hehe. Things were fine for a while till this last episode. Even the smells seem to be gone but know they are back.

#9 secretsign

secretsign

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 20 December 2002 - 05:32 PM

ditital camera get alot of mixed reveiws but some ppl use then as a back up camera. If  you feel comfortable with this suggestion you may try talking to what ever is causing the disturbance.Just talk to them and tell then that you would be glad to share the space but you would like it if they would keep it alittle quite.try to let them know that you live there now.Some spirits get stuck here and don't know they have passed. you could tell them that their loved one are waiting for them in the light and to go to it

#10 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 21 December 2002 - 04:23 AM

As to animals, when I moved into my first house my got a dog from the humane society.  Shortly after we brought him home he attached himself to me, slept next to my side at night, under my feet on the computer and would even jump into the shower with me.  Well sometimes when I was in the back bedroom on the computer he would start staring at the doorway, I thought he way have heard the man in the next duplex, he was a parapalegic, but sometimes his brother would stay so any movement on that side would be unusual for my dog.  Then he would get spurts where he would go beserk in the kitchen barking and growling and running in circles around me like he wanted to attack something in the living room but didn't want to leave me.  I was pregnant with my daughter at the time and thought he would hurt me, we almost took him back.  A few weeks of this went on and one Sunday morning I woke up to my front door SLAMMING shut, my ex was out of town and at 6 am no one else should have been near either side of the house.  I went down and actually had to push my way past the dog to get to the door, it was still locked so I thought maybe something was wrong at a neighbors, no one was out, no lights were on and no one had just come home all the cars were there from the night before and none were doing that ticking sound older mobile cars do when they are shut off. Two nights later my ex asked if I thought anyone had died in that house?  I wanted to know why he would ask something like that, I had never told him about the door or the dog since I didn't think he would believe me.  It turns out that a few times he would be awoken to footsteps thinking I had gotten off early from work (I waitressed) but I never came in the room, and since the neighbor next door can't walk we knew it wasn't him we heard.  My best friend lived down the street and her little boy was friends with the children who lived in the house before me (that's how I found the place for rent in the first place) so I asked her if they had ever heard anything odd.  It turns out that the noises are what made them move, the youngest use to sleep in that back bedroom and always heard noises, the parents bought a dog in case in was someone trying to break in.  We lived in the house 3 months 8 years ago, since then only 1 single man has lived there any longer and he is never home.  After we moved, the man in the house next door told us that when his parents lived in his house a woman was found on the road, either jumped or pushed out of the bedroom window from the side I slept on and that part of the reason his wife left him was because he wouldn't move after a Voodoo practicner moved into the house that I would later live in.
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#11 dizemisliz

dizemisliz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 07:58 AM

Very Scary!!!!   Nothing new has happened so far. Friday morning I woke up heard whispering......I never have been so close to peeing the bed before, but I soon realized that my son was awake and talking to himself!!! Oh wait.....last night......all of a sudden the house got real cold....like a window was open upstairs and you could feel the draft coming down. Even my husband noticed. I was chilled the rest of the night...strange???

#12 Gracie_Lou

Gracie_Lou

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 12:49 PM

:) Hey! What i would do is try and find out about the history of the house....When it was built.....The previous owners...etc..etc. What you might try is getting on yahoo or google once you find out about the previous owners and see if there is anything about them or the house> My g-ma tried that with her old house and found out a bunch of VERY interesting things about the land.

#13 dizemisliz

dizemisliz

• Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 December 2002 - 03:26 PM

WHAT WOULD YOU SEARCH UNDER? THE OWNERS OR IS THERE A WEBSITE??  SOUNDS NEAT

#14 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,352 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 07 December 2003 - 08:44 AM

u could also have enquired around in the neighbourghood. someone might come up with nuf information and you can find out the rest.
Posted Image

#15 mastermind73

mastermind73

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 466 posts

Posted 07 December 2003 - 10:08 AM

You should try checking public records.  You would be surprised at the amount of useless information the government keeps on file.   :)
"If dreams are like movies, Then memories are films about ghosts.You can never escape, you can only move south down the coast.""Don't you remember when we were young, and we wanted to set the world on fire?'Cause I still am, and I still do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users