A Prayer or Two, Please

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Redhead

Redhead

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,196 posts
  • Interests:Needlework, including counted cross stitch and knitting, reading, dogs, triking (trikes are three wheeled motorcycled if you didn't know) and flower gardening. That is besides the paranormal...

Posted 06 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

I got a call yesterday from the sister of my best friend. My friend's special needs son of about 25 died suddenly yesterday, leaving us all devastated. Nathan was a joy from the day he was born - happy and smiling most of the time. When the bus got to her home yesterday, they were about to get him off of it when they noticed he was blue. 911 was called and they began to do cpr, but it was too late. He had been having problems recently that left him very tired and they think he fell asleep and his tracheotomy (sp?) tube was blocked, cutting off his air. He simply stopped living. She had been having mild premonitions for a week or so, then Monday it hit her hard that something bad was going to happen. Of course, it never occured to her that he was a short-timer. This happened about a year after the man she loved died of brain cancer. I don't know how much more she can take at this point, so a little prayer for her would be appreciated.

I will always remember my Nater-tater running down his grandparent's driveway with a walker less than a year after his parents were told he would never walk. I can still see the big grin on his round face as he got in front of me. They said he'd never be able to talk, but he did - with his hands instead of his mouth. He taught me a lot of things over the years: Sing if you feel like it, and loud as possible. Flirt when you can. Eat when you are hungry, but only if it tastes good.
"Never wrestle with a pig. All you get is dirty and the pig has all the fun." ~ Anon.

#2 leslie_dragonlvr

leslie_dragonlvr

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,396 posts
  • Interests:Enjoying life, again.<br />Anything paranormal, mostly spiritography and spirit communication.<br />The wilderness, traveling, historical places and a beach.<br />All that involves my heart and soul.

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:06 PM

I'm so sorry to hear this news Red. My heart goes out to you and your best friend. Yes, my prayers and energy to get thru this are on their way to all of you.
Sudden things are so much harder to get thru. I know you will be there for her. He will be there too, I'm sure. He sounds like he knows and will help his mom get thur this too. He is a special young man.

Take care Sweetie!

:hug: to you and your friend.

Leslie
Greg - You and no other - Forever and Always! Gv ge yu!

#3 spooksareus

spooksareus

Graceful leader of men who harvests wheat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,003 posts
  • Interests:Healthy friends, supernatural science (oxy morans, lol!), cooking &amp; baking, all animals, playing music (mostly jazz), art (all mediums), interesting &amp; open minded people, truth, justice and liberal politics...

Posted 06 December 2006 - 11:20 PM

My heart and prayers go out to you darlin', losing a child (of any age or condition) is the hardest thing for any parent (or close friend) to go through :hug:

"It is perfectly monstrous the way people go about, nowadays, saying things against one behind one's back that are absolutely and entirely true." -Oscar Wilde “The Picture of Dorian Gray”

#4 rat girl

rat girl

Iron Strangler that feasts on beer!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 436 posts
  • Interests:my interests are reading, anything on the paranormal - checking out other peoples ghost photos and watching horror movie, reading anything by Richard Laymon, i like photoshop and other photograph program's. I live in Scotland with my partner, we have a mini zoo in our house. At the moment we have 4 rats, unfortunately 8 of our ratties have passed away, we also have 2 guinea pigs, a rabbit, a corn snake, a bearded dragon and 2 degus!!

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:41 AM

im so sorry to hear this, what a terrible thing to happen. she will be in my thoughts and prayers. her son is at peace now, im sure he is looking down on her. hugs to you and your friend :hug:
Posted Image

#5 Moonstruck

Moonstruck

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 606 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 06:39 AM

I agree. It's terrible for a mother to lose a child at any age and especially right before the holidays. I will send a prayer her way. He sounded like one special person indeed. People say that it's loneliest and hardest when the funeral is over and everyone goes back to thier lives. I think it's so important to continue to visit and stay in touch with friends and loved ones after they suffer a loss which I am sure you will redhead. It takes a special and loving person to gather prayers for a friend and you certainly have my prayer.

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 08:53 AM

~Oh Red, my heart and prayers go out to you and your friends family. I'm so sorry to hear of this..it just breaks my heart. My every inch of prayers and healing are going for you and your friends family. Bless you Red, and please give your friend and her family a big hug from me and my family. :hug: If there's ANYTHING I can do (I live right down the road from UPS), please let me know.
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 MoonChild

MoonChild

Undead giant that feasts on hotdogs!

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 50,360 posts
  • Interests:I want to help people to re-connect with themselves. Rock Music, Football (European League), Animals (cat lover), Travel, Cars, Speed, Nature, Super Natural.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:01 AM

Sending my prayers and thoughts too! :hug:
Posted Image

#8 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 09:56 AM

He taught me a lot of things over the years: Sing if you feel like it, and loud as possible. Flirt when you can. Eat when you are hungry, but only if it tastes good.

Sometimes the best things to learn in life are the simplest. It sounds like he was truly a blessing for you to have known him, especially when he conquered two limitations put on him.

My thoughts and positive energies are joining the others'.

#9 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 December 2006 - 02:00 PM

That is so very sad. My heart and prayers go out to her and her family.

#10 crystalb

crystalb

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 93 posts
  • Interests:The Murder City Devils, David Bowie, Iggy Pop, Lou Reed, rock n roll, punk rock, ghosts, chocolate and my dog.

Posted 07 December 2006 - 04:03 PM

That is so sad, I'm sorry to hear that. I will for sure keep her in my prayers.
For some of us it's a long way from the cradle to the gravePosted Image

#11 Night Star

Night Star

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts
  • Interests:Paranormal, animals, reading, music, dragons, fairies, elves, being creative...

Posted 08 December 2006 - 09:09 PM

I can only imagine the devestation that poor woman has endured. My thoughts and prayers are with her and the family.
Posted Image

#12 greenman

greenman

Creepy

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
  • Interests:orchids<br />paganism<br />gardening<br />ghosts<br />paranormal activity<br />reading <br />writing

Posted 09 December 2006 - 11:49 PM

You and yours and her and hers are in my prayers. It's nice to see that she has a special friend to see her through such trying times like this. :wow:
"The circle is open but unbroken. Blessed Be"Posted Image Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users