• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 hanauma726

hanauma726

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 02:07 PM

Gravity Hill (listed on several paranormal websites) is a HOAX!!! It is said that if you go to the location described in the story (located near Bonaire/Kathleen GA) your car will coast (in neutral) up hill. I went to this location and it is NOT true! Do not waste your time looking for this place because it doesn't exist!

#2 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 16 December 2006 - 07:37 PM

No specific time of day that you have to go or anything?

#3 hanauma726

hanauma726

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 09:11 AM

There was no set time listed.

#4 RowanG

RowanG

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 343 posts

Posted 17 December 2006 - 05:25 PM

Interesting. Usually there is. Thanks for revealing the hoax. I'm glad someone's not afraid to cry foul when it comes to the paranormal - outside of debunking photos and videos.

#5 randystreu

randystreu

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 846 posts
  • Interests:video, paintball, theology, philosophy, political science, sci-fi, and so on, and so forth...

Posted 17 December 2006 - 07:59 PM

I saw something on this; how it's done and all that. Isn't it something having to do with the way the hill is shaped - that you aren't really going up hill; it only looks like it?

#6 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 18 December 2006 - 07:30 AM

I've read the same thing as there is a hill like this somewhere in Florida I believe. It's an optical illusion :clap:
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#7 R.L.crowley

R.L.crowley

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 126 posts
  • Interests:spirit photography, computers...lol, biking, friends...lots of stuff

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:23 PM

Interesting, its amazing what can fool the eye!

The hour of departure has arrived, and we go our ways--I to die and you to live. Which is the better, only God knows. - Socrates I am the wisest man alive, for I know one thing, and that is that I know nothing. . - SocratesEnergy Hot SpotsEnergy Hot Spots New EnglandEnergyhotspots DemonicologyLet the house of Israel say / His mercy endures forever Let the house of Aaron say / His mercy endures foreverLet those who fear the lord say / His mercy endures forever

#8 shortstop-11@hotmail.com

shortstop-11@hotmail.com

• Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 04 September 2008 - 01:10 AM

there is also a gravity hill in eastern washington where your car will coast up hill just like the other stories. i have heard from buddies that have been out there and it really does work

#9 balo

balo

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 221 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 12:47 PM

I've heard of one here in Southern Ontario but I'm not exactly sure where it is. In a show I watched (Creepy Canada, I think) they said it was all an illusion. The way the trees have grown as opposed to the way the road inclines gives you the feeling you're going against gravity when you're driving.

#10 levi

levi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 50 posts
  • Interests:ghost hunting, roadtrips, playing guitar, horror movies, and being me.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 02:31 PM

there's 2 in mass and I tried to get the one by me to work.
Sign says "next sign 30 miles."

#11 WandaC

WandaC

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 10 September 2008 - 03:32 PM

Been there done that place in Bonaire, NOT!!!!!!!!!!! Well it didn't do it!!!!

#12 CaveRat2

CaveRat2

Village Elder

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,540 posts
  • Interests:Serious Research and separating the truth from the hype in the paranormal field today.

Posted 10 September 2008 - 06:03 PM

There ia also one near me in Pa. I went there and confirmed, like the others, it is an optical illusion based on the terrain around it. Visually it appears you are looking up a slight grade on the road. When checked with a laser level though it actually is a slight downgrade, about .5 degree below horizontal. Thus your car will coast "uphill", or at least appear to.

#13 -ME-

-ME-

• Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 September 2008 - 05:04 AM

We have a couple of these where I live too but they're just optical illusions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users