• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 04:15 PM

This post concerns a series of strange phenomena that took place in my current residence.  I moved into a nice little 2-bedroom town house in July of 2002.  The buildings, I am told, date back to the 1950’s, were acquired by the present landlady in the 1970’s and were remodeled shortly before I moved in.  I have always been somewhat sensitive to the presence of spirits, but I did not feel anything out of the ordinary at the time I made the decision to lease the building.  I believe that this may be partly due to the fact the building was in the process of having major renovations done and the resident spirits were disrupted by the associated changes in energy.  (That’s just my own theory.)

For some reason, the apartment never really felt like “home”; I never really wanted to finish unpacking, pictures and decorative items remain packed in their boxes a year after moving in.  I always feel drained and vaguely dysphoric when I am home.  

I would often feel a male presence in the hall, an older white man with a beard who would check in periodically.  This entity was very benign.  I would also sometimes feel something watching me while I was in the shower.  (I took many showers with every light in the house on and the curtain open.)  There is a new mirror hanging on the wall facing the shower, but I don’t like it at all.  It just “feels” all wrong.

Anyway, nothing really bad happened until December 2002, when my fiancé moved in with me.  We would be trying to sleep upstairs and hear people screaming at each other in the kitchen.  I would send him downstairs to investigate but there was no one (physical) present.  To make things worse, we seemed to always be tired and irritable with each other.  We got into several nasty fights- always in that kitchen.  Our cat was always freaking out; actually, whenever I felt something, the usually stand-offish furball would have to curl up in the bed with us.  

Late April 2003, things got really bad.  Chris and I were fighting a lot.  I was a nervous wreck; I was spending a lot of time home alone, and I was beginning to doubt my sanity.  I was always hearing voices or seeing shadow figures move out the corner of my eye.  I tried smudging the house with sage and frankincense, but it never really helped.  

One day I fell asleep and had a horrible nightmare.  I’ve heard of something called “psychic dreaming” where a person’s body sleeps but their soul/aura/essence is traveling other planes.  I dreamt of being in the house and being attacked by a large, amorphous shadowy being with piercing red eyes.  I won’t go into the details of the dream here; it’s not all that pertinent and this story is already too long.  I finally woke up sore, exhausted and with very strangely shaped marks on my inner right forearm.  They weren’t human claw marks, nor did my cat cause them- he’s been de-clawed.  I’m still not sure what would account for those marks.  We were somewhat weirded-out, so we spent the night at a friend’s.

Later that same week, my fiancé and I were back at home with nothing to do.  I got the exceedingly bright idea to go work out at one am in the park across the street.  This is where the truly bizarre portion of the story begins.  The park area consists of an enclosed area with a large wooden “fort”, some swings and a random scattering of those large cement tubes which I haven’t yet divined a purpose for.  (Note:  Neither one of us abuse drugs or were under the influence at the time of this occurrence.  Also, I don’t remember too much of the events at the park.  It’s as if I were there, but “not there”, if that makes any sense.)  I look over towards the fort, and say “Chris, look, there are some kids here.”  He looks at me, “No baby, it’s one am, there’s no one here.”  Well, something took over me at that point.  I run over to the fort, and I can see these two little kids having a good ol’ time in the park and on the swings.  Chris was feeding me some line of garbage about how I’m a channel or something like that, and I’m feeling the little boy tug at my hair.  I was VERY freaked out at that point.  I sit down and say “Oh, look, the little boy’s on the swing set.”  The swing set began to move back and forth at that time.  (Note:  It was a still, dry night with no breeze blowing.)  We both saw that, and my fiancé (who is not used to this kind of thing) freaked out.  I “saw” an older model green car drive up to the park, a man grabbed the kids and the car sped off.  This scenario kept replaying itself over and over.  That when Chris grabbed me, threw my happy a$$ into the car, and we spent the rest of the night at Waffle House.  

Events got stranger.  At Waffle House, I pulled out my journal and started to record some notes about the events of the evening.  I don’t remember anything except writing.  Chris tells me that I would be writing (I am left-handed by the way), switch the pen to my right hand and begin writing in big wobbly kindergarten letters.   I wrote “Mommy help”  “Mommy it’s dark in here”  “Mommy I’m cold.”  “Mommy I don’t like the dark.”  I have no memory of writing those things.  

I told my coven members about the dream and the park events at Beltane (May 2003).  The next weekend, we gathered at the house and performed a rite of cleansing.  I’m not going to add the details to the here, as this post is long enough already.  Let’s just say that the rite was eventful, very draining and the house has felt much better since.  

I will appreciate any comments on this post; I’ve never encountered anything quite like this before.

#2 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 05:57 PM

Hi J,
I can not make many comments on what you have written, all I can say is wow. But I am curious to the fact if you ever tried to get any photos or voice recordings in the house or park. And do you still see or feel things in the house or park area. The only thing I can comment on is the writing some call it automatic writing and it is strange indeed. If you would like someone to look into this get in touch with me and I can get you in touch with a very good paranormal investigator in the Slidell area. You have my email address, just let me know.

Travis
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#3 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 03:20 PM

At the time that all of those things were going on, I didn't think to take any photos or recordings.  :(  Now, I'm kind of curious as to what would have showed up...

We think that the mirror in the upstairs bathroom may be a portal of some sort.  When we did the cleansing, we saw his reflection behind us as we looked into it.  Also, most of the time that I feel anything it's in that bathroom.  I plan to purchase a tape recorder the next time that I get paid!  

Interestingly, my fiance was talking to the landlady's mom (who lived in our apartment in the 70's) and she mentioned two things of note.  The first is that when she lived there she would always hear fighting in the kitchen when she was trying to sleep.  The second is that there was a tenant who overdosed on drugs several years ago.  

And I no longer feel anything in the park area since the cleansing.  I'm going to give the EVP thing a try and see what turns up.  If I get anything, I may take you up on your offer to help me contact an investigator.  ;)

#4 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:00 PM

Ok then, now you have a little background to go with what you experienced. KEWL 8)
Just let me know.  ;)
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

• Guests

Posted 25 June 2003 - 05:49 PM

It's now late June 2003.  I just wanted to say that you are not insane, and you did a great thing with informing your coven.  I'm sure you're aware of spirits repeating the same thing over and over.  There is nothing strange about your tale.  I've been studying Cooperstown New York for over ten years -  there are some strange tales in that town. Basebal smaseball - the passion's in the paranormal.  I hope all is well.  Remember, there are many witches available in this world if you need them.
My book should be out after Christmas. OOOO... Spooky.
Keep believing and everything will be OK.
Thor

#6 Angel

Angel

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 100 posts

Posted 08 July 2003 - 01:23 AM

:o  :o  :o and wow some more! You have to post and let us now if anything else has happened! :o
"Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense." Buddha (563BC-483BC )

#7 J._Victoria

J._Victoria

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 09:33 AM

Well, it's been a *very* long time since I've gotten on the 'net.  Not too many strange incidents recently.  There's only three of note:

1.  I was alone in the house one night; after locking everything (and believe me, I am obsessive about being sure all the doors are locked securely) I went upstairs to go to sleep.  Approximately 30 minutes later, I went back downstairs for something (I forgot what it was, but I really don't think that it matters.) and the door chain was no longer secured, but swinging back and forth.

2.  The television (which again, I always make sure is turned off before going to bed) turns itself on at odd moments.

3.  I bought an inexpensive voice recorder and left it in the upstairs bathroom just to see if anything happened.  My fiance and I were downstairs being *very* quiet so as not to interere with the recording.  Well, on the tape there is a voice that is most definitely not mine or Chris'.  Seems to be saying "I love it" but we're not quite sure.  I'm going to try to catch some more on tape, since we've seen a few entities in the bathroom.

#8 Mykiedave

Mykiedave

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,977 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 11:46 AM

Good luck. Please keep us informed. Any signs of the children? Have you tried the automatic writing in your apartment? Try holding the pen i your right hand and asking questions to see if you get any kind of a responce. Let us know. Aslo, depending on which panthein you whorship with (Norse, Celtic) ask for guidence and protection of the dieties who watch over the dead as well as the ones who watch over artists. Blesed be.
Growing old is mandatory... growing UP is optional.I didn't say it was YOUR fault, I SAID I was going to BLAME you.The nice thing about being Senile is, I can hide my own Easter Eggs.Posted Image

#9 flyingorb

flyingorb

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,754 posts
  • Interests:Infrared Photography

Posted 07 October 2003 - 04:41 PM

You seemed to feel that a mirror was a focal point of some sort.  Perhaps an experiment, temporarily remove the mirror from the house and see if anything changes.  ;)
CRY HAVOK! Let Slip The Chihuahuas Of War.....When an ORB dies.......a Chihuahua is born!

#10 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 07 October 2003 - 04:52 PM

greetings and good eve to you, J_Victoria!

i can personally relate to your experience with the townhouse.  in the encounter section and in a few other posts, i've described similar types of scenarios that were related to an apartment that i lived in during 1999.  unfortunately, i did not have a coven to turn to, and my room-mate's limited spell-casting and cleansing ability only kept the unwanted paranormal activity at bay while we were moving out.

in my circumstance, we heard no voice phenomena, but we did see footprints and spatters under black light.  i had the same feeling while in the shower -- while i was there i always had all of the lights on.  the house never really felt like "ours," and i argued relentlessly with my room-mates when in the immediate vicinity of the apartment.  as a brief addition to my tale, physical things happened -- the plumbing fell out from under the kitchen sink, the tub developed an un-naturally large and immediate crack that caused a flood downstairs, and when moving the last box of belongings out of the apartment, the lights burned out one by one as i went back to my interior corner room.

fortunately you have some prior knowledge of previous events connected with your property -- i was not afforded the same luxury.  i was left with a lot of strange clues and unanswered mystery.  

by chance, did your cleansing ritual reveal any clues as to the movtivation of the entities in your apartment?

Blessings to you,
OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users