• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 offdahook4now

offdahook4now

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 04 October 2003 - 03:07 PM

I hate to be writing this, but there's 3 things that I can't deny have happened since I moved in this house.

The first one:
I woke up one morning to the unmistakable sound of a car pulling up in my driveway.  I wasn't dressed and was praying whoever it was would go away if I didn't answer the door.  I heard a female voice saying, "Oh, what a pretty kitty".  I knew my husband had let the cat out before he left for work. I peeked through the blinds to see who it was, but there was no one there except the cat.  No car, and certainly no person. I never heard a car pull out of the driveway either.  That was kinda freaky.

Second one:  Just last week, three of us were in my bedroom. Husband and daughter were watching tv sitting in chairs.  I was in the bed reading.  A box of crackers (that we keep at the top of the dresser, it's a highbacked mirrored dresser.... trying to keep them out of reach of our kids who eat everything in sight)anyhow, this box of crackers flew from the top of the dresser onto the floor at least a 6 1/2 ft. drop. We all saw it.

Third:  This candle and holder were in the living room.  I noticed that one of the feet was severly bent, almost causing the candle to tip over. I knew no one had messed with it.  I tried to bend it back, but it wouldnt' budge.  I got out a hammer and tried to pry it back with the force of the hammer.  No such luck.  I then asked my husband if he would bend it back for me, handing him the holder and the hammer.  I walked into the adjoining bathroom for 3 seconds tops, came back and my husband handed me the candle holder. I put it on the dresser to see if it was still bent, but it was fine.  I asked him how he fixed it so fast, and he said he didn't do anything to it. I asked him again to see if he was joking with me and he said no he didn't do anything at all to it.  Then i asked him to swear to God that he didn't fix it, and he did.
So, how did this 1. bend itself? 2. Fix itself? I'm telling you I got a hammer and banged on this thing several times and the hammer just bounced off it.  I tried to pry the legs with the hammer, but nothing happened. How could this happen?
Posted Image

The first one I can possibly write off as my imagination, however, I know it wasn't.  The second one I can write off as a freak thing, but the third one... I have no explanation at all for it.

#2 Catlara

Catlara

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,697 posts
  • Interests:Lots!~lol

Posted 04 October 2003 - 05:13 PM

I can definately feel your pain! Weird things happen here all the time! Once I got fed up and though 'Hey, maybe I could yell at them!' So I did.... I turned around to pick up something and I got a paper towel roll flung at me!! It was kinda funny, and kinda creepy at the same time!

#3 OwlGoddess

OwlGoddess

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 04:46 PM

i think what you have there in your house is a fairly benign spirit that is probably trying to help you keep house.  and may she's curious, too.  (i can try to do a tarot meditation on this one and see if i get any clues for you.)

the voice that you heard is probably the lady's spirit.  if she likes the cat, you're probably okay.  at least she didn't hate animals.

as for the crackers, if she was a particular old lady, she might not want for you to keep food on the dresser.

as for the candle, it might be a "yuri geller" or it might be due to the spirit's curiousity - maybe she liked the candleholder and was trying to fix it - and bent it in the process.

what you have is a curiously interactive spirit. really cool.

OwlGoddess
Life's waters flow from darkness; Search the darkness, don't run from it.--Rumi

#4 offdahook4now

offdahook4now

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 October 2003 - 08:00 PM

I'm trying not to jump to conclusions, nor let my imagination get the best of me... but considering the previous and only owner died in the house, that's in the back of my mind most of the time.

I wish I had taken a pic of the candleholder when the leg was bent, so I could prove to myself it wasn't my imagination....even though I know it wasn't my imagination.

At this point, I'm chalking this all up to odd occurances... and nothing more.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users