Hugs
   Me ;)

#17 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 10:13 AM

Snap that whip Shanon!!!  ;) But I guess it's up to us to keep these boys in line while Drew is here!  ;) But can't we find a little time for a party?  ??? As Drew would say PWEEESE!!!!  ;)

#18 Jess__reborn

Jess__reborn

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 10:35 AM

Aww Ronda you know everything will go well...but you may have to keep the tow boys in line.  You know how they get when you get two or more in a group. ;)  Oh yeah..suppose dto tell you too...Justin said when he comes to visit he expects the bed in the basement.  He is more then willing to stay down there.  He still thinks everything we say we here and see is one big joke.

#19 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 24 June 2003 - 12:35 PM

Jess...you tell Justin that when he comes he is more than welcome to sleep in the basement if he wants to.  I am sure after some time here he will be a believer! ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#20 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 24 June 2003 - 01:46 PM

First of all, I do not know the names on the markers or the genealogy of the cemetery. But a lot of times when you find a cemetery separated like this, it is done due to race. You will see the split and notice that the dates usually stop or decrease after desegregation took place. That is what I have noticed in my area anyway.
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#21 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 24 June 2003 - 02:20 PM

Hi Cajun...we have found out that these crosses have nothing on them except a number.  These are the burial sites of pennyless people with basicall no family (that cared).  They were housed in a county run hospital called Shaw Hospital and they were the ones buried in Potter's Field.  I wish I could find a list of the names but have run into a wall in that area.  I will keep on searching though! ;D

#22 PureEvil

PureEvil

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 25 June 2003 - 04:50 PM

As long as thoes boys keep work seprate from partying I'm fine with having fun  ;D BUT (and it's a big one lol) AFTER or I'll have to get angry  >;) and you won't like me when I'm angry! Whoops slipped myself into a movie lol.

Jess tell Justin "Peters gonna get you..Peters gonna get you" ;D

Luv ya all
      Me

#23 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 26 June 2003 - 10:59 PM

Awww, Shans, I never work when I'm drinking or vice-versa, Hun, but once the day or night's done, I'd see nothing wrong with tipping a few back with close friends
(Um, it'd be an awfully bad time to discover that Dad had
a drinking problem), but I got my eye on the prize as far as helping them to cross :-* I think its going to take a while and I say we have one HECK of a huge party once they've all Crossed ;D

Hey, Ronda...no...no...no, no whips! Well...no welts at least*still  :'(ing that you didn't mention that your folks' resort had spooks*

Corelli Farm? Tell me about it?
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#24 CajunKnight

CajunKnight

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,504 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 07:02 AM

Ok its a long shot, county courthouse, hall of records (or what ever they call it there, here it is clerk of courts office) They have birth and death records there. These older sites are sometimes hard to find due to the fact that older records are usually left in the boxes they were stored, in the deep dark dungeons. Good Luck.
Travis
Welcome to ghostvillage, home of 24,000+ smiling faces and a few old grouches."Some things have to be believed to be seen"Ralph Hodgson

#25 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 27 June 2003 - 06:24 PM

Cajun...yep...I think that will be the way to go is the courthouse.  I am going to try the one close to here before I drive an hour to the big one in Duluth.

Whispers...of course we won't touch a drop until after the work is done.  I would never do that and was only kidding about it.

The Correlli farm...hmmm...well from what I hear it is very haunted...something I haven't checked out yet only driven by.  The legends say that it is very haunted and there have also been some bad "haunting" things happen to kids partying out there and such.  The legend also has it that even thought it was torn down a long time ago...some nights you can still see the house standing! ;D

#26 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 08:42 AM

*I was just saying that for Shan's benefit...what? She doesn't know that anything within the asterixes is invisible to a female :o*LOL...no, I'm a klutz as it is, Buddy, I'd be joining the ghostly trio a lot quicker if I took a header down the stairs. On the bright side...Pete'll prolly be BEGGING to cross over if I join the resident spooks ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#27 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 11:17 AM

Yeah...be careful...old stairs in an old house and they are fairly steep.

Also...gotta stay sober just so you don't miss the angel heating up.  I think you will have fun with that one.  No joining the ghostly trio, you would bug me all the time wouldn't you!!  LOL

I know...the rules have been explained to Evil but she and Ronda just won't listen...We'll have to come up with something better if they continue to not play fair! ;D

#28 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 29 June 2003 - 12:47 PM

Whispers- Ok I promise not to leave any permenant marks!  ;) Yeah I know that Peter would be running to the light if you decided to join him. I'm not sure who would be worse!  ;)

#29 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 28 August 2003 - 06:30 PM

KRC, hey, Buddy...sorry it took so long to get back to this :'(

DUDE!! Buehl absolutely ROCKS*Does the Hunter's Happy Dance*well, I can say that of any of the Lakeview
Cemetaries, since I didn't come away disappointed from
any of them, if not pics or EVP's then just the knowledge
and research possibilities gained from the encounter. I'm glad we waited til my last night there to hit Buehl at night...it was an INCREDIBLE experience, both for the pics and the company...living and no longer living ;D

We started off in the Potter's Field section, rows of aluminum crosses stamped with identification numbers and unmarked bricks all in various  state of disrepair, you could feel the sense of dejection in those there. They were timid and down-trodden, not only to manifest, but even to communicate, many of the graves had fallen, come apart or had been overtaken by the woods and tall grass. As a PF, those who lay there were too poor or had no family to pay*Cajun, while I think status separation was the big cause, there were 2
regular graves in PF...so maybe race discrimination does have something to do with it*

The main section was next and equally as cool, I found it curious about that separation since Death's the great equalizer, but maybe PF is owned by Shaw Hospital, it'd be kind of neat to find out.

One of the really neat as heck things was the veterans memorial, statue of the Crucifiction...but rows of white painted crosses (these weren't graves), the memorial was flanked by a line of oaks on either side. The goshdarnedest thing was a)the memorial area was approx 10 degrees warmer than the areas outside it and ;) there was not a single spirit presence within the area of the Guardian Oaks. Granted that a cemetary's hallowed ground, but someone had gone out of their way to Bless that area ;D

Whispers_of_fire

#30 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 31 August 2003 - 11:38 AM

Hey Drew!

Last night Rhonda and myself visited Mike and showed him my pics from Buhl.  All of them even the ones that haven't been posted!  Well, it looks like we are heading back out there yet again to break in another Buhl newbie!  I will be paying special attention to the memorial sight and see if we get the same results as when we were there!  I am thinking that we will....this area is a sanctuary and has been blessed at some time in it's past! ;D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users