Lakeview Cemetery...Buhl, MN

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 08 June 2003 - 08:20 AM

I figured I would post this here as none of this has pics to go with it.  

First of all...this cemetery is broken up into two different areas.  The first is the larger main cemetery and then if you go down a dirt road nest to the main part a little further down is a small different part.  These two parts are separated by woods.

while coming back to the main part of the cemetery from the small part right at dark, I saw a man walking through the main gates and down the road.  I was assuming that someone was locking up, although there are no signs posted stating that it closes.  This man was wearing light colored pants and a dark shirt...I really didn't note anything else about him.  About 10-15 seconds later...we got to where he was standing and saw nothing there

The next really weird thing was the flags.  There are a lot of flags in the main area that we investigated...probably about 40 or so.  I had just asked the spirits for a sign that they were there and one flag started moving.  Then when we moved there were two more flags that started moving.  Three flags out of all that were there including large flags on poles were the only ones moving.  There was no wind at all it was very calm.  We did get the flags on video tape...we have one flag moving and another one less than a foot away standing still.  Neither flag was obstructed from the wind in any way.;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#2 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 01:30 PM

Hi, KRC, What a cool experience! Is one section of the cemetary older or was it kind of a population reason for the split? You know,I've meant to ask this before but are
either you or Nonnie Sensitive to spirits??
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#3 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 09 June 2003 - 02:56 PM

Hey Whispers-

We can't really tell why the cemetery is split. The few graves that have dated markers aren't any older then what is on the other side.  ??? I can't really say if KRC or I are sensitive or not. About the only thing that we sense is when we feel "watched". But most people can feel that.  ;)

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 09 June 2003 - 06:07 PM

It's very strange...the small part by itself has flat metal (aluminum) crosses with just a number on them.  It is really strange.  I will send a pic when developed.
There are some regular markers there but I don't know the dates on the metal crosses.  They don't even have names on them and there are like 150 of them there. ;D

#5 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 June 2003 - 05:58 PM

Hi, KRC, I mentioned this on yahoo, but for the benefit of everyone else, it may well have something to do with the fire that swept through the area 75 years ago, as you said, my friend, but I've also seen the number coding for state hospitals and/or sanitariums, small marker with a number rather than name, its worth checking into at least to see if there was a large facility in the area :-/ Besides...investigating a sanitarium would
be fascinating ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 12 June 2003 - 07:15 AM

whispers...you've got it!  I will be checking on that.  I am currently going through the historical society archives and will see if there is anything that they list.  I am also burying myself in old newspapers at the library but am only up to 1915.  In a couple of tomes I will be at the year of the fire.  I am thinking that they will list somewhere all that was destroyed by the fire.  Also next week I am making a trip to the Buhl city hall and try and find out more about the workings of the cemetery itself...I will keep you posted and by the way...when you come up I will get you out there too to see it first hand. ;D

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 02:22 PM

Hi, KRC*SWEETNESS ;D*Hey, Amigo, Nonnie mentioned a statue at-I think it was Buhl-one of the cemetaries, do you have any pics of it?? and please keep me posted about the aluminum crosses*LOL*You may have to tell Pete he's going to have a roommate indefinitely...well, 4 days or so...if that's 8)

#8 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 18 June 2003 - 04:21 PM

Whispers...I emailed you the pic of the creepy angel statue that seems to watch you all over the cemetery.  Also the crosses are from when the county owned the Shaw Hospital located in Buhl.  It was a hospital for all kinds of people including mentally ill people.  The ones that had no money or known families were buried with just a metal cross and a number here is a pic of the crosses I am talking about.  Enjoy! ;D

#9 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 20 June 2003 - 04:20 PM

Hi, KRC, thanks, Buddy, the Angel gave me pause from almost 2000 miles away, but I'm not sure what it was exactly...I do want to kind of poke around to see what can turn up.

Nice Detective work, my friend, I wonder if there's a way
to access the old records from the hospital to kind of cross reference the numbers on the metal crosses with actual names to give the Spirits peace. Also, thanks for adding that pic, I did pick up on presences near the crosses ;)

#10 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 05:06 AM

Whispers...I do plan on going back to the village hall next week.  I want to see if I can get a list of the people buried there and I would love to get a copy of the map the lady had.  I will ask her about those records too while I am there.  

If you can pick up on things from almost 2000 miles away just imagine what you will do standing right in front of the angel in August! ;D

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 21 June 2003 - 03:34 PM

:-[ :-[OMG, KRC...I just realized how that sounded, my friend and I apologize for sounding so arrogant..so let me amend that to sometimes I'm shown things, that way you and Nonnie will just be locking me in the basement with Pete rather than booking me into the nearest Psych ward for an extended vacation in Club Thorazine;D

DUDE...that'd be GREAT! And I'm sure they'd still have the records and maps in their soft or dead file system, they may have to dig but I wouldn't mind helping with that ;D barring fire or destruction they should be there...
no wonder you're having so much activity there

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 03:16 AM

Arrrrrr....no worries mate!!  I didn't think you sounded arrogant at all.  I expect that from you anyway!!LOL ;D

Hey...by the way...nice pun concerning the records of the graveyard! ;D  We are almost going to need an itinerary when you are here...you know that don't you!! ;)

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 02:58 PM

:-/Hey, KRC*Um...did you mean the arrogance or sounding like I should be committed??? ARRR, pass me the grog, Mate ;D

OHMYGOSH! Totally unintended, if anything it was shop talk, files between 1-2 years old are soft, and after 2 yrs
they go to dead files. Awww, KRC, itinerary? Nahhh...just
show me everything and I'll be happy ;D

BTW, Peter said he wants brown sugar cinnamon poptarts ;)

#14 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 22 June 2003 - 03:25 PM

AHHHHH...a balancing act then...drunken stuper on one side and all the good haunts on the other.   Ok...we'll do both!  LOL!

So far we are looking at:

My house, Lakeview Cemetery, TB Clinic, The Resort and hopefully Corelli Farm....Awww, we can handle that for sure...even in a stupor!! ;D

#15 PureEvil

PureEvil

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 23 June 2003 - 09:06 AM

There will be NO stupors before the work is done boys!!! You need clear heads for this whole thing. How do you expect to pick up the "feelings" if you impairing your senses? Besides, if I were dead theres no way I'd wanna show myself to a bunch of soaks!  ;D So, work first...party later K  ;)

Hugs & Blessings
   Shanon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users