#1 Rockhauler2k1

Rockhauler2k1

Village Elder

• Deleted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,217 posts
  • Interests:The Force

Posted 10 January 2007 - 05:58 PM

I recently saw a show about magnetic research and how it relates to the paranormal. There is a Caniadian scientist ( his name escapes me at the time ) who is actually experimenting with magnetic fields and how they can effect the brain . What we see and feel definitly has alot to do with electromagnetic fields , geomagnetic fields and also magnetic influences . During my years of research and study in regards to paranormal activity , the common link almost always has to do with some type of magnetic force . Wether it be electro, geo or just plain old magnetic the presence of these forces is the common thread that ties the events together.

Some ghosthunters believe that energies are electromagnetic in their very nature . During investigations , batteries drain abnornally fast and changes in environmental temps can vary by huge numbers from very cold to very hot and run the gambit in betweeen . The claim is that the enity itself needs the energy to manifest into a communicable form. I have found the case to be quite opposite at times. I have found that certain areas found to be active give off moderate to strong magnetic energy in the first place. I know it may sound odd , but to me the question is more like which came first the chicken or the egg...

The scientist used varying types of magnetic forces in a controled environment and they produced different results based on strength and type. In one case the person consistantly felt like they were being watched or stalked by some unknown presensce . In another case the person actually believed that they saw an actual spirit.

Our actual brain function is electromagnetic therefore isnt it possible that disruptions in this activity using magnets can cause hallucinations or feelings of dread ? Is it our mind that creates the monster under certain conditions or is the monster really there in the first place?

What do you think ?

If anyone can remember the scientists name and post a link to his work , I would greatly appreciate it . I will keep looking in the mean time . I personally think its worth a second look for anyone before they buy into the BoogieMan without looking .

Rockhauler2k1
Many of the truths that we cling to depend greatly upon our point of view.Posted Image

#2 evad_83647

evad_83647

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts
  • Interests:Military, parnormal, UFO's. I am an author, photographer and mechanic.

Posted 11 January 2007 - 03:19 AM

Here is an interesting link for you Rock.
http://ghosts.monstr...etic_fields.htm

I think we had the discussion of magnetics here already. Can't for the life of me remember which thread though. I hate getting old. lol

I think it has your canadians name in it too.

Edited by evad_83647, 11 January 2007 - 03:21 AM.

Once I get there, there is somewhere else.Is it the beginning of the end or the end of the beginning?

#3 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 11 January 2007 - 05:49 AM

Personally, I've always regarded ghosts as being able to somehow manipulate natural occurences. By this I mean that they somehow use electromagnetism, etc. to do the things they do. This is why I don't look at them as being supernatural beings who have magical powers.

Rock, this is very interesting and may indeed be the reason for some of the cases of ghost related experiences. However, like other explanations, I don't think it accounts for the majority of experiences due to ghosts.

I've at times have felt feelings of dread and of being watched but I've never equated it to being due to the paranormal. I sometimes get it when I have to close my eyes in the shower when I'm washing my hair but I just blame those feelings on me being silly. :)

Thanks for the link, Evad!

Edited by Grim Undertakings, 11 January 2007 - 05:53 AM.

#4 Caesar

Caesar

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,182 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 02:06 AM

Cool link, Evad

I do think there is some kind of phenomenon that may cause a haunting

#5 spiritalk

spiritalk

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 11:00 AM

I am not looking to argue super natural anything, but if a disembodied spirit were to try and use the material vibrations in our world, would they not need a source of energies?

God bless, J

#6 Grim Undertakings

Grim Undertakings

Voted most likely to be a janitor in Highschool

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,654 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 12:15 PM

A source of "energies" from themselves, or from their surrounding environment?

#7 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 12 February 2007 - 09:18 PM

So why does it have to be an "either or" situation? Why can't there be multiple causes for "supernatural" phenomena?

Ie: on this occasion a supernatural experience was caused by a nearby magnetic field. On that occasion it was caused by a person hallucinating. On this other occasion, it really was a ghost. etc.

What we don't want is to narrow the field by trying to find one explanation that fits all phenomena.

As a case in point, for most of my life I believed that during the night my bed would rise off the floor and shake and roll. I have sat there in bed and watched this happen, and would willingly swear on a stack of bibles that it happened.

However, I now know that it didn't happen; I have been experiencing "lucid dreaming". And when I think it is happening, I am really asleep just dreaming it.

So just because my experience was caused by my dreaming, it doesn't mean that all people who have their beds shake and rise off the floor are also dreaming. Maybe their experience really is caused by a spook. Or a magnetic field. Or psychosis. Or soemthing else.

#8 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:13 PM

I've been doing a bit of research on this topic, as a thousand and one questions were raised in my mind after reading a case where the phenomena a boy was experiencing in his room was proven to be caused by the high EMF fields generated by faulty wiring in the walls of that room. When the wiring was fixed and brought up to code, his experiences stopped.

Yes, it could well be argued either way, that the EMF field of the wiring was messing with something in his brain or that a spirit was using that particular field and when the field was reduced to 'acceptable' levels it no longer had a source.

But I wanted to know, just what research is being done to study the effects of the EMF fields that surround us all day to day on our brains. (It's hard research for me. My mind isn't exactly wired for hardcore science!). Most of what I found focuses on 'Does it cause cancer?" and other biological health issues, not mental.

Oh, and the Canadian researcher appears to be Dr. Gilles Theriault who apparently conducted the research in 1994 with Canadian and French subjects. Again, seems to be mostly the cancer angle
http://www.medicine....t/emfcancer.htm

There also appears to be papers on EMF and Alzheimers published in 1996
http://iaats.com/EMF.....h Effects.pdf

But nothing that I have seen so far regarding EMF and paranormal phenomena. And since the two always go together in this field....I really have to wonder why.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#9 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:47 PM

I know this isn't what you asked, but a really good read on the earth magnetics is Gregg Braden's "Awakening to Zero Point". He points out that the earth's magnetics have dropped in the past, and how it effects our bodies, and our brains, since we are made up of the same elements as the earth. Even for a science dummy like me, it was the most thrilling book I had read! He also has a taped (VHS) work shop covering this material. Wish I could just throw it through the computer for you! I know you'd return it.
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#10 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 04 July 2007 - 10:51 PM

I'll look for that in the library, sounds interesting and along the same lines to me.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#11 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:33 AM

Gregg Braden has a web-site. I don't know yet how to do that. Probably? it's greggbraden.com
Also Barnes and Noble had the book at one time. It's not new.
If I understood it, anyone can!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#12 Oniix

Oniix

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:53 AM

I've tried to search it out as well and only find things on the physical health impact, like Vamp says. I can't find a ton on the mental impact, at least not yet.

But like canuk argued, I don't think it's an end all solution. It probably fits many more seemingly mundane experiences that we may consider paranormal, such as sensations of a presence, or some odd feelings of people in the room, bad vibes, evil presence, etc.

I don't think it can explain away the obvious sounds of footsteps sneaking through the home when no one is around, or doors slamming and opening continuosly on their own, even when locked, or being shoved around.

It's something all investigators need to keep in mind and look for. It can explain many simple types of experiences IF the field is present and traceable.

#13 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 09:07 AM

I agree Life. It's the same as Infrasound. It can only fit a portion of cases and it leaves us with still more unanswered questions.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#14 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:49 PM

There has been extensive research performed on trying to establish a cause/effect relationship between exposure to EMF and health issues; ie living near power lines, etc.

Despite this being one of the most extensively researched public health issue in history, no cause and effect has been established.

However, numerous associations have been established; ie: living near power lines is usually associated with poverty, and people living in poverty are predisposed to various ailments at a rate higher than the general population.

Therefore, logically, there is an associaton between living near power lines and an observed higher rate of illness.

However, logic is not causation. Ie: it is not living near powerlines that caused the ill health, it was the poverty.

Unfortunately, people seeking explanations for observed illness clusters have jumped on the logic, and manufactured causation out of association. This is clearly false, and causes a lot of unnecessary grief.

On a related topic: a lot of research has been done on paranormal phenomena and EMF. Specifically, it has been clearly demonstrated that many paranormal phenomena occur in EMF shielded environments.

Similarly, it has been demonstrated that paranormal phenomena are not influenced by EMF. Ie: exposure of subjects to intense EMF does not have any effect on the experiment.

Both of these aspects seem to demonstrate that the paranormal phenomena that were studied are not EMF related.

It is postulated that human generated paranormal phenomena are the consequence of a yet unidentified and uncharacterised force.

#15 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 08:59 PM

Canuk...could you point me in the direction of that research you mention? It's ok if it's books or papers...I live in Toronto so I can probably access it. I'm very curious about this entire subject.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users