• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#16 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 12:07 AM

Canuk...could you point me in the direction of that research you mention? It's ok if it's books or papers...I live in Toronto so I can probably access it. I'm very curious about this entire subject.

Hi Vampchick:

You were not explicit, but I assume that you are talking about the EMF - health connection.

As far as I am aware, there is not one definitive paper to which you can refer. However, there are probably thousands of papers published on the subject; I personally have read dozens and dozens, ad nauseam.

I suggest that you start at this site, and work your way through the links as your interest develops: http://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/emf/

In researching this topic, you should be aware of the fact that this is perhaps one of the most politicised topics in current science. Numerous scientists and others have built their careers on the subject and have a vested interest in keeping it alive. There is a never ending stream of grant money available to anyone who can cause a bit of controversy in the area, and there is no shortage of scientists who are willing to advance their careers by causing such controversy.

In reading through many of the papers listed in the NIOSH site, you should note that in many of them the conclusions published are the result of a vote of the participants; ie: the conclusions are a consequence of a democratic process, as opposed to definitive science.

The voting is usually along ideological lines, with each vested interest supporting its own position. This is a consequence of the weakness of the evidence; if there was a definitive cause and effect relationship, there would be no split in the vote. You should keep this in mind as you weigh the evidence presented.

#17 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:40 AM

Oops...I was a bit distracted by something when I made my request. I was refering to the studies you mentioned of EMF and Paranormal Phenomena. :weeee: Although I will indeed read the ones you mention on the Health Related issues.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#18 canuck

canuck

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 339 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:27 PM

Oops...I was a bit distracted by something when I made my request. I was refering to the studies you mentioned of EMF and Paranormal Phenomena. :) Although I will indeed read the ones you mention on the Health Related issues.

Hi:

This is an area that I have only recently started to research myself, so my knowledge of the area is not exactly comprehensive. But what I have read so far is pretty interesting.

I suggest as a starting point you could check out these sources; they will give you the flavour of the subject, then follow your nose:

1. US Library of Congress, Congressional Research Service. 1983. "Research into PSI phenomena: Current status and trends of Congressional concern". Compiled by C.H.Dodge.

2. Targ, R. 1996. "Remote viewing at Stanford Research Institute in the 1970's: A memoir". Journal of Scientific Exploration 10(I): 77-88

3. Radin, D. "The Conscious Universe; The scientific truth of psychic phenomena" Harper Collins, New York 1997. ISBN 0-06-251502-0

#19 Vampchick21

Vampchick21

Looks Irish, loves Italian food, lives in Canada....must be lost

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,995 posts
  • Interests:knitting, crocheting, writing, cats, paranormal phenomena, cryptzoology, Monty Python

Posted 07 July 2007 - 12:25 PM

Thanks canuck! I'll check those out.

Krafted with luv

by monsters

#20 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 09:13 PM

I am not looking to argue super natural anything, but if a disembodied spirit were to try and use the material vibrations in our world, would they not need a source of energies?

God bless, J

To begin with there are 12 volts in your head. Could it be possible that this is the energy that remains after physical death. We know energy can't be destroyed. It is a small amount. I wonder often if the small amount is the reason that spirits rarely manifest alone. There are always several to many. One or two are usually more apparent, but they are never alone. I believe the manifestation is a collective effort of many souls or a sharing and/or exchanging of cumlutive energies.

#21 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:24 PM

I know this isn't what you asked, but a really good read on the earth magnetics is Gregg Braden's "Awakening to Zero Point". He points out that the earth's magnetics have dropped in the past, and how it effects our bodies, and our brains, since we are made up of the same elements as the earth. Even for a science dummy like me, it was the most thrilling book I had read! He also has a taped (VHS) work shop covering this material. Wish I could just throw it through the computer for you! I know you'd return it.

Puti, if you're on to Braden's Zero Point, then you'll love Lyn McTaggart... check her out. Would've PM'd but thought everyone here may enjoy the "Field" of learning, too.

Cheers, all.
SpiritDoc

#22 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:28 AM

Yep! I loved Lynne McTaggart's "The Field".

The reason I mentioned Gregg Braden's book "Awakening to Zero Point" is that all his research has shown that it is happening to ALL of us. He's talking zero point magnetics and a pole shift. No choice in the matter. What happens to the Earth, happens to our bodies and brains. We're made of the same elements. Melt us down and no wonder the analogy is that we are made of clay.

I feel that all "paranormal" activity is always happening. We are just getting better at sensing it. A lot of that has to do to the magnetics of the earth and our bodies actually changing. Maybe we're headed for ascension? And I'm not talking religion here, I mean literally!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#23 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

I'm not a scientist by any means but I know you all are onto something here. I keep going back to Gregg Bradens work because it makes more sense to me. He talks of the initiation chambers all over the world, from the kivas in our south west to the king's chamber in the great pyramid to the initiation temples in Egypt. The "field" is there, and is tracable. What he brings up in his book is that the magnetics of the earth (and our sun!) are rapidly falling to soon match the readings on magnetics of these initiation chambers. Does this mean that we will all go through the same type of initiation without going into an initiation chamber, on purpose?
I think it's the chamber in the great pryamid that is closed off to the public now, because some have gone in there and not survived. Imagine dying of fear! Paranormal experience extravaganza!
Scientific records show that the earth experienced zero point magnetics just 3,500 years ago. And scientists are recording falling magnetics, and rising base resonant frequency and paying attention to it because it's happening so fast. Nothing like this has been seen in thousands of years.
The pole shift he mentions has nothing to do with a flip. As the earth loses it's magnetics it will slow down it's rotation. He cites ancient texts that mention the night that lasted 3 days, from Peru. and another from the opposite side of the world, in the same time frame that says the day lasted 27 hours. according to these records, then the earth started to slowly rotate in the other direction where the sun rose in the west and went down in the east.
But mind boggling thing for me was about the magnetics of the initiation chambers and the falling magnetics of our earth, happening now. I know that I'm not brave enough to enter the kivas! Maybe will never be ready for that. Enough comes along naturally.
I wish you all the best in your research!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#24 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 12:20 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, thanks! Spiritdoc for bringing up Lynne McTaggart's "THE Field". It's probably THE book that will help all these researchers here. It's a recent read for me and was harder to get through. The Gregg Braden book, after I had read it , had the opportunity to join a group with the video work-show so got more out of it. Thanks for bringing that up!

#25 cryptokiller

cryptokiller

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 01:01 PM

Well I'm playing with this subject, but from a very different perspective, and though it is a little off the general direction this topic traveled in, I will mention it here anyway.

I'm quite the mad inventor y'see.

Considering that most of my paranormal experiences to date have been most definitely negative in nature, I am playing with a way to erase certain spiritual entities using science. With that in mind, I am working on the theory that these entities, lacking a definite physical body, are therefore energy based, and as with any given energy signature a powerful magnetic or EMP pulse would remove them from the environment entirely.

Could it work?

Well in the case of the 'stone tape theory', or 'ghost recordings' made onto the very fabric of a place as if it was a strip of recording tape, such a pulse would remove them entirely by erasing the energy signature that makes up the metaphorical 'tape' that their likeness is imprinted on. The US military among others have been working on such scrambler technology for use in electronic warfare, and it may well find a use in non spiritual Exorcisms as well one day soon.

As for other sentient or visiting entities, I don't know. The science is relatively sound, though in their case at least we may well not be dealing with something that has any basis in science after all, and I may well be way off target.

Anyway, this is still very theoretical, so it might well end up going nowhere, but it can't hurt to try.

cryptokiller
London
UK

#26 wipsi

wipsi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 10 August 2007 - 05:12 AM

I recently saw a show about magnetic research and how it relates to the paranormal. There is a Caniadian scientist ( his name escapes me at the time ) who is actually experimenting with magnetic fields and how they can effect the brain . What we see and feel definitly has alot to do with electromagnetic fields , geomagnetic fields and also magnetic influences . During my years of research and study in regards to paranormal activity , the common link almost always has to do with some type of magnetic force . Wether it be electro, geo or just plain old magnetic the presence of these forces is the common thread that ties the events together.

Some ghosthunters believe that energies are electromagnetic in their very nature . During investigations , batteries drain abnornally fast and changes in environmental temps can vary by huge numbers from very cold to very hot and run the gambit in betweeen . The claim is that the enity itself needs the energy to manifest into a communicable form. I have found the case to be quite opposite at times. I have found that certain areas found to be active give off moderate to strong magnetic energy in the first place. I know it may sound odd , but to me the question is more like which came first the chicken or the egg...

The scientist used varying types of magnetic forces in a controled environment and they produced different results based on strength and type. In one case the person consistantly felt like they were being watched or stalked by some unknown presensce . In another case the person actually believed that they saw an actual spirit.

Our actual brain function is electromagnetic therefore isnt it possible that disruptions in this activity using magnets can cause hallucinations or feelings of dread ? Is it our mind that creates the monster under certain conditions or is the monster really there in the first place?

What do you think ?

If anyone can remember the scientists name and post a link to his work , I would greatly appreciate it . I will keep looking in the mean time . I personally think its worth a second look for anyone before they buy into the BoogieMan without looking .

Rockhauler2k1

His name is Michael Persinger. You should also look into the work of Jason Braithwaite and Maurice Townsend from the ASSAP in the UK. They have taken the work of Persinger and tried looking for fields with the same characteristics in haunted vs. non-haunted sites. Very interesting stuff.

#27 sensitiveinIn

sensitiveinIn

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 August 2007 - 07:52 AM

I'm not a scientist by any means but I know you all are onto something here. I keep going back to Gregg Bradens work because it makes more sense to me. He talks of the initiation chambers all over the world, from the kivas in our south west to the king's chamber in the great pyramid to the initiation temples in Egypt. The "field" is there, and is tracable. What he brings up in his book is that the magnetics of the earth (and our sun!) are rapidly falling to soon match the readings on magnetics of these initiation chambers. Does this mean that we will all go through the same type of initiation without going into an initiation chamber, on purpose?
I think it's the chamber in the great pryamid that is closed off to the public now, because some have gone in there and not survived. Imagine dying of fear! Paranormal experience extravaganza!
Scientific records show that the earth experienced zero point magnetics just 3,500 years ago. And scientists are recording falling magnetics, and rising base resonant frequency and paying attention to it because it's happening so fast. Nothing like this has been seen in thousands of years.
The pole shift he mentions has nothing to do with a flip. As the earth loses it's magnetics it will slow down it's rotation. He cites ancient texts that mention the night that lasted 3 days, from Peru. and another from the opposite side of the world, in the same time frame that says the day lasted 27 hours. according to these records, then the earth started to slowly rotate in the other direction where the sun rose in the west and went down in the east.
But mind boggling thing for me was about the magnetics of the initiation chambers and the falling magnetics of our earth, happening now. I know that I'm not brave enough to enter the kivas! Maybe will never be ready for that. Enough comes along naturally.
I wish you all the best in your research!

Hey there, About the Magnetic fields and such. We always tell people that we live on a piece of the Burmuda triangle, because of all the energy that's bouncing around on our property. Anything electrical has the possiblity of going out and them coming back on of it's own accord at any time it feels like it. We have interferrence with our cell phones, t.v. computer and all household appliances. But things come and go with purpose...You know what I mean? Like in the first year we were here, All the power went out in the house except for the important things, the fan in the living rm, the refridgerator in the kitchen, and the microwave, (just in case we needed it!) everything else was gone. This lasted several hours, then came back on like nothing happened. My t.v. has turned off and on by it's self, spit out a video tape, and then a minute or two later took the tape back in and started playing it. But then again I have spirits from several different eras in time all living on the property sooooo, I guess this stuff happens. By the way, I'm not afraid of any of it. They have never tried to harm me. It has been very interesting!!!! Peace!

#28 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts

Posted 20 August 2007 - 02:43 AM

It sounds like you live in a very "interesting" place! I'd be tearing my hair out! I expect appliances in the house to do as they're told! Not as they feel like. Good to hear you're coping.
Keep us up on what's happening.

#29 Moregan

Moregan

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 21 August 2007 - 05:04 AM

Hello sensitiveinIn,

That sounds pretty creepy. Have you ever seen one of the entities living in your house?
Posted Image

#30 seattle

seattle

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 31 posts
  • Interests:politics, rollerskating (competed nationally but dying sport,) snorkeling, hockey (Go Bruins,) ghosts/paranormal (surprised?), academia, reading (love the classics,) religion...occasionally couch potato moments in front of the tube, eating, sleeping, family, geneaology (sp?), history........

Posted 15 October 2007 - 09:35 PM

I totally find this topic absolutely fascinating...I'm going to pick up that book by Braden.

I'm also going to do some research on this as well and if I find anything, that's note already noted, I'll come back and post.
Posted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users