Magnetic Fields

• Please log in to reply
46 replies to this topic

#31 spiritdoc

spiritdoc

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts
  • Interests:Learning about and discussing all things universal and spiritual, the realms of the human condition and psyche, watching "para"normal shows like Most Haunted, a good English pub and a pint, fine international wines, languages and communication, travel, old cities with character and history... and, basically, just helping the world move into a better space while I'm here... oh, and of course... dogs and dolphins!

Posted 15 October 2007 - 10:03 PM

Check out too:

"Entangled Minds"

"The Holographic Universe"

"The Field"

"The intention experiment"
SpiritDoc

#32 Puti

Puti

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 724 posts
  • Interests:Interested in life in all it's forms

Posted 16 October 2007 - 10:11 PM

There's a nice interview of Lynne McTaggart in the November issue of "Science of Mind" magazine.

This is a subject that has held my interest for a very long time. I don't know about you guys, but this message board is probably the only place I've been able to even bring this subject up. In person, to people I know, I see a whole lot of rolling of the eyes. Can't see that on a message board,huh? lol I like message board!!!!
"We grow neither better or worse as we get old, but more like ourselves."May L. BeckerCoffee.......the foundation of consciousness

#33 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 November 2007 - 12:33 AM

I recently saw a show about magnetic research and how it relates to the paranormal. There is a Caniadian scientist ( his name escapes me at the time ) who is actually experimenting with magnetic fields and how they can effect the brain . What we see and feel definitly has alot to do with electromagnetic fields , geomagnetic fields and also magnetic influences . During my years of research and study in regards to paranormal activity , the common link almost always has to do with some type of magnetic force . Wether it be electro, geo or just plain old magnetic the presence of these forces is the common thread that ties the events together.

Some ghosthunters believe that energies are electromagnetic in their very nature . During investigations , batteries drain abnornally fast and changes in environmental temps can vary by huge numbers from very cold to very hot and run the gambit in betweeen . The claim is that the enity itself needs the energy to manifest into a communicable form. I have found the case to be quite opposite at times. I have found that certain areas found to be active give off moderate to strong magnetic energy in the first place. I know it may sound odd , but to me the question is more like which came first the chicken or the egg...

The scientist used varying types of magnetic forces in a controled environment and they produced different results based on strength and type. In one case the person consistantly felt like they were being watched or stalked by some unknown presensce . In another case the person actually believed that they saw an actual spirit.

Our actual brain function is electromagnetic therefore isnt it possible that disruptions in this activity using magnets can cause hallucinations or feelings of dread ? Is it our mind that creates the monster under certain conditions or is the monster really there in the first place?

What do you think ?

If anyone can remember the scientists name and post a link to his work , I would greatly appreciate it . I will keep looking in the mean time . I personally think its worth a second look for anyone before they buy into the BoogieMan without looking .

Rockhauler2k1

Yes I think magnetic fields can affect the brain but I do not think this is an overall explanation and indeed might be the cause of occurrences and yet i think occurrences can produce magnetic fields .

i think both are true.

Danny

#34 Tberri

Tberri

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:10 PM

Back awhile someone was looking into EMF and paranormal occurences but tied them to geophysical causes. In England, if I'm remembering them right....maybe Paul Deveraux, anyhow they made mention that older civilizations had a penchant for building structures out of types of rock purposefully knowing that a specific type of rock would accentuate these naturally occuring geophysical EMF's and amplify the effects.

For example Stonehenge was built out of a type of ( limestone, or granite?) that had a naturally high EMF reading of it's own.
Placed on ley lines it just "boosted" the effect.

That's interesting to me since here in the states a lot of the structures in New England are of simular construction, yet up in Canada a lot of First Nations sites are located either on granite with seams of quartz, or limestone.

In Manitoba the "Stone Man" was laid out with a certain type of rock, and the same in the artic. Altho in the artic it's a lot more varied.

Anyway since no one's bothered to map First Nations version of ley lines on the north american continent correlating some of this is an up hill battle.

#35 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:08 AM

I recently saw a show about magnetic research and how it relates to the paranormal. There is a Caniadian scientist ( his name escapes me at the time ) who is actually experimenting with magnetic fields and how they can effect the brain . What we see and feel definitly has alot to do with electromagnetic fields , geomagnetic fields and also magnetic influences . During my years of research and study in regards to paranormal activity , the common link almost always has to do with some type of magnetic force . Wether it be electro, geo or just plain old magnetic the presence of these forces is the common thread that ties the events together.

Some ghosthunters believe that energies are electromagnetic in their very nature . During investigations , batteries drain abnornally fast and changes in environmental temps can vary by huge numbers from very cold to very hot and run the gambit in betweeen . The claim is that the enity itself needs the energy to manifest into a communicable form. I have found the case to be quite opposite at times. I have found that certain areas found to be active give off moderate to strong magnetic energy in the first place. I know it may sound odd , but to me the question is more like which came first the chicken or the egg...

The scientist used varying types of magnetic forces in a controled environment and they produced different results based on strength and type. In one case the person consistantly felt like they were being watched or stalked by some unknown presensce . In another case the person actually believed that they saw an actual spirit.

Our actual brain function is electromagnetic therefore isnt it possible that disruptions in this activity using magnets can cause hallucinations or feelings of dread ? Is it our mind that creates the monster under certain conditions or is the monster really there in the first place?

What do you think ?

If anyone can remember the scientists name and post a link to his work , I would greatly appreciate it . I will keep looking in the mean time . I personally think its worth a second look for anyone before they buy into the BoogieMan without looking .

Rockhauler2k1

The Canadians seem to be more accepting and more in tune to the human condition as a spiritual condition. Perhaps because the Canadians are more consious of their origons than of the secular state of existence. It's not suprising therefore, that it would be a Canadian doing this research.

Since our brains are in posession of some thing to the effect of twelve volts, and since energy cannot be destroyed, there could be some logic there. I lean toward the sharing or exchange of energy among spirit entities, as well as drawing from elemental sources including some (but not all) people. some people make consious decision, some unconsious decision, not to acknowledge or interact with spirit. They have their reasons. There is no doubt to me that we share existence with the spirit world all of the time, every and/or any where. fifty years of life have provided me with experience valid enough to firmly believe in a ever lasting highter force which I know as God. I have had considerable time and experience to reach my conclusions. They are definitive.

Water certainly seems to be a factor in scale and frequency of activity. It does not seem coincedence to me that my own encuonters are larger near water. The chicken or the egg is not a paradox. It was the chicken. God created two of each, male and female. Two of each were placed on the ark, male and female. It was the chicken. Simple.

#36 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:19 AM

Well, look at that. It seems I have posted the same thing on this thread twice.

#37 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 29 December 2007 - 01:30 AM

Adding to it. Making no claims what so ever. Simply sharing oddities that occur from time to time. Quirky that all three televisions in our home are acting up lately. Misbehaving in general and turning on and off seemingly by them selves at random times. Tonight daughter comes in from shoveling stating that she is freaked out because one of three yard orniments, flowers that rotate in the wind like pinwheels, is soly spinning with out a apparent source of breeze. I instruced that some one in the family go out side and remove the pinwheel, l.o.l.. It is quirky that these oddities ocassionally occur in successions, then stop. We had a television act up this evening, followed by the spinning yard ornament, proceeding a out burst by the daughter where for a brief time unpleasant energy was certainly disbursed by all in reaction to the fit. I almost advised her that perhaps she was spinning the object, but thought better just to have it removed.

#38 wipsi

wipsi

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 44 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 05:56 AM

Good review article in the the recent issue of the Journal of the Society for Psyhiccal Research (Jan 2008) Volume 72.1 #890.

'Putting Magnetism in its Place: A Critical Examination of the Weak-Intensity Magnetic Field Account for Anomalous Haunt-Type Experiences.'-Jason Braithwaite

#39 PhenomInvestigator

PhenomInvestigator

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 01:28 AM

Actually posted a longer reply in another thread to this exact topic. This is known in parapsychology as the 'Persinger Effect', named for Dr. Michael Persinger who reported it.
The effect has been replicated numerous times in various peer-reviewed technical journal reports in JP and EJP e.g.

Braithwaite's work has recently attracted my attention as well, since my background is in spectrum engineering. It is unfortunate that most investigators in this field are not so trained. Braithwaite has commented on this as well on the ASSAP website. I concur that we have great opportunity here but thus far are losing it for lack of funding, ability to acquire critical data and critically analyze this data.

Lastly, not only do magnetic fields have an effect on our perception (c.f. Persinger) but they may also have more to do than we have previously believed with PK phenomena. The major difference detected in a 40 year study comprised of 400 cases is that high level magnetic fields are more associated with PK effects while complex magnetic fields lower in level are associated with neural effects such as described by Persinger.
Anomalous Phenomena is Unexplained not ImpossiblePsi is Subtle not AbsoluteAnything is possible, it's all a matter of Probability---------------------

#40 SeekX

SeekX

Villager

• PipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:25 PM

What do you think ?

Rockhauler2k1

I think it is true of course however that does not at all eliminate the possibility that things like ghost and whatever else might exist ; just because something can be one answer does not mean it is always the answer. :Spaz:

Danny

#41 thesameones

thesameones

Rude and Crude

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 991 posts

Posted 25 April 2008 - 11:49 AM

I think it is true of course however that does not at all eliminate the possibility that things like ghost and whatever else might exist ; just because something can be one answer does not mean it is always the answer. :lol:

Danny

[/quote]

So true Danny. Though I can't prove the existence of the spirit world, and don't particularily care to spend energy trying to sway others to my thinking, (not my style or my priority) I with out doubt believe based upon my personal encounters with spirit that it does exist. Science maybe should be named exploration. That's what it is, exploration, and it is not always accurate or correct. Considering science has made some awsome blunders I think it unwise to take it as law or religion. I see science more as a discovery, a quest for information. Along the way we make mistakes. As with all knowledge we learn from our mistakes. Science is as falable as the people practicing it. It's subject to the human condition not excluding selfish motivation and mistake.

#42 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:52 AM

Electromagnetics, another good show about it is Nova's Magnetic Storm. Currently the magnetic poles of the earth are beginning the reversal process. This means patches of opposite polarity (compass pointing the wrong way) are appearing on the wrong side of the planet (south in north, north in south). This process could cause erratic weather and electronics functioning.

That aside, the brain is mostly electric, it is the heart that generates most of our electromagnetic field. Hence 'listen to your heart'.

Most tribal holy spots and areas of great cities and leaderships are more electromagnetically charged than the surrounding areas; possibly not being able to detect them on their own at the time, the early christian, roman and other conquering armies tended to build great cities and temples in these spots. Imo it could have lead to misuse of energies since energy ignorant tyrants hijacked these spots from wise indigenous cultures, but thats another story.

More interestingly the modern US military still confiscates these lands for bases, and research fascilities, etc.

Research shows they can produce nausia and a feeling of unease, that healers can expand the normal 3 ft. human em field (ironically our definition of personal space) into the range of ten feet and strengthen it over ten fold.

Entities have detectable fields and haunted places usually start out with stronger fields to begin with. This doesn't dispute the validity of paranormal activity, magnetism more likely feeds this little known area of our world. It does speak to the ability of a person however to use a magnetically charged area to accidentally 'create' anomolous events or even an entity since it is a resource which can be used by anyone or anything.

Also due to the EM fields of humans, we ourselves can 'feed' an entity into manifestation. This may explain why some houses are fine once the owners move, this type of feeding process should be rather personalized and have less staying power.

Also certain building materials retain this type of energy better, for instance rocks (granite and especially limestone).

Using Electromagnetic cameras it has been shown that if you cut off limb of a living thing-plant or animal-the limb's EM field remains intact as though it never left. Another clue as to the nature of EM, or the 'other body'.

I could go on about EM research all day so I'll give it a rest...
"I disagree with fluffymongering"

#43 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 05:57 AM

So why does it have to be an "either or" situation? Why can't there be multiple causes for "supernatural" phenomena?

Ie: on this occasion a supernatural experience was caused by a nearby magnetic field. On that occasion it was caused by a person hallucinating. On this other occasion, it really was a ghost. etc.

What we don't want is to narrow the field by trying to find one explanation that fits all phenomena.

As a case in point, for most of my life I believed that during the night my bed would rise off the floor and shake and roll. I have sat there in bed and watched this happen, and would willingly swear on a stack of bibles that it happened.

However, I now know that it didn't happen; I have been experiencing "lucid dreaming". And when I think it is happening, I am really asleep just dreaming it.

So just because my experience was caused by my dreaming, it doesn't mean that all people who have their beds shake and rise off the floor are also dreaming. Maybe their experience really is caused by a spook. Or a magnetic field. Or psychosis. Or soemthing else.

couldn't agree more, but EM is a big part of the picture Ime.

#44 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:00 AM

I've been doing a bit of research on this topic, as a thousand and one questions were raised in my mind after reading a case where the phenomena a boy was experiencing in his room was proven to be caused by the high EMF fields generated by faulty wiring in the walls of that room. When the wiring was fixed and brought up to code, his experiences stopped.

Yes, it could well be argued either way, that the EMF field of the wiring was messing with something in his brain or that a spirit was using that particular field and when the field was reduced to 'acceptable' levels it no longer had a source.

But I wanted to know, just what research is being done to study the effects of the EMF fields that surround us all day to day on our brains. (It's hard research for me. My mind isn't exactly wired for hardcore science!). Most of what I found focuses on 'Does it cause cancer?" and other biological health issues, not mental.

Oh, and the Canadian researcher appears to be Dr. Gilles Theriault who apparently conducted the research in 1994 with Canadian and French subjects. Again, seems to be mostly the cancer angle
http://www.medicine....t/emfcancer.htm

There also appears to be papers on EMF and Alzheimers published in 1996
http://iaats.com/EMF.....h Effects.pdf

But nothing that I have seen so far regarding EMF and paranormal phenomena. And since the two always go together in this field....I really have to wonder why.

Manmade fields are bad for health, mostly due to being the wrong frequency and sometimes too the amount.

#45 2012leo

2012leo

Junior Villager

• PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 19 June 2008 - 06:04 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention, thanks! Spiritdoc for bringing up Lynne McTaggart's "THE Field". It's probably THE book that will help all these researchers here. It's a recent read for me and was harder to get through. The Gregg Braden book, after I had read it , had the opportunity to join a group with the video work-show so got more out of it. Thanks for bringing that up!

Feild always drops before the pole shift, it could be a difficult time. Hopefully it's strength will come back as it has in the past. Nova Magnetic Storm is all about this, you'd love it. I rented it from netflix.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users