Why does it happen everytime?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Belisarius

Belisarius

• Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 02:48 AM

HI I am a newbie and originally from India. I always used to visit a region of the country on its west coast(called Konkan) as I had a lot of relatives there.
I have been there since years and everytime I go, I experience the  Old Hag phenomena (loss  of sleep, bad dreams reoccuring, etc.). It happened to me in all places which lie in the same geographical region but are mile away from each other. The region is famous for its pristine beaches, but due to this phenomena, I have nearly avoided going there. This does not happen everynight I sleep, but whenever I visit that area, I expect its occurence in the day, and it occurs in the night. There are many bad events and memories in that region, lawsuits, insanity cases, suicides, the lot. But no one else whom I know, says abt similar experiences with self.
:-[
PJ

#2 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 08:54 AM

Belisarius--While I have no experience with this, I do know that there is supposedly a cryptozoological creature that comes from India (I may be wrong though, but I am pretty sure it is India) that is similar to the Old Hag Syndrome.  Supposedly it is more active with females than males, but either on can be "attacked".  Supposedly, it often "rapes" the victim, both male and female.  The one explaination that I saw mentioned from a cryptozoological message board is that this is some sort of a benevolent spirit.  

So, both the paranormal and cryptozooligal societies recognize virtually the same thing, just with different labels.  I will try to see if I can remember where that site is and offer some information if it seems useful to you.
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

#3 TKE448

TKE448

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 11 September 2003 - 09:25 AM

Sorry about that, I had the wrong country.  It is actually in the Tanzania region of Africa and is known as the popobawa.

Here is the link to one of several articles of the popobawa:
http://www.xproject....l/popobawa.html
A Drifter is only a poet with wings, he moves but he can't learn to fly, running in footsteps ahead of his time, with no one to see if he cries. Doyle Lawson & QuicksilverPosted ImagePosted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users