what about

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 v-huntley

v-huntley

Provides a GREAT example!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts
  • Interests:superstitions, cryptzoology, ghosts and anything else paranormal.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 05:35 PM

If you want anymore extrys for the UK, there is the story of a place about 20 minutes away from me which has a nasty history to it, here is what i have found out:

LITTLECOTE Manor is said to be haunted following heinous crimes which took place there in the 16th Century.

A man called William Darrell was the lord of the house in Elizabethan times. He summoned a midwife who was brought blindfolded to Littlecote Manor in 1545.

She was offered a lot of money to deliver a baby if the mother should live and was led into a room where she delivered the baby of a masked woman.

The identity of the mother remains a mystery. It is thought the pregnancy may have been as a result of incest.

When the baby was born she took it through to Darrell, who instead of holding the newborn infant, instead threw it onto the fire, where it was held down and burned alive.

The midwife reported the murder to the authorities, but Darrell bribed a judge for his release when the case came to court and was freed.

Soon after, while out riding on the estate, a ghostly figure of a baby boy in flames appeared to William Darrell.

His horse shied and threw him to the ground, breaking his neck.

It is said the crying of a baby has been heard in the house and the twisted body of William Darrell has been seen prowling the corridors.

I also have pictures of unexplained phenmoneon in the room mentioned, both in the fireplace and around it.

V
Posted Image Posted Image

#2 Laurie Ann

Laurie Ann

Your imagination IS running off with you!

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,025 posts
  • Interests:I love to do yard work, re-arrange my home constantly, draw and get tattoos that have significant meaning to me, garage sales/yard sales fanatic. My home is haunted by I believe 2 spirits, so I'm never alone when everyone is asleep! I'm trying to label the gifts I have, although I try to keep them a secret from my husband..he wouldn't understand. My 20 year old is now living on his own and does so great! My 6 year old is a little me, and the baby will be 5 December. He's about 8-12 months behind, but that smile...that beautiful smile.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 07:29 PM

~Oh my gosh...that is soo dang sad about that little baby. And that man got what he deserved, I hope he suffered for a long time.

This is a very creepy story indeed!! Oh V, if you could post those pictures, that would just be an added bonus to the already excellent story you shared! B)
~Women are angels...and when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...on a broomstick. We're flexible like that.~

#3 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 15 January 2007 - 09:25 PM

Thanks V for sharing that story, I love to hear ghost stories about England. I have relatives in West Yorkshire and have visited England many times. My relatives in England are not into the paranormal, but my mother's friend is and she lives in Halifax.
She is in her 80's and does not have email and we write back and forth to one another.
She has told me many ghost stories about the Yorkshire area.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

#4 GhostCat

GhostCat

Certified husband trainer....guaranteed he won't track dirt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 885 posts
  • Interests:Travelling New England by land and sea, local history, houses - as I am a real estate appraiser, I teach Special Education too, love all the kids I work with... they teach me too, lol, and add lots of smiles to my day....my cats, my goffin cockatoo parrot that is loud, smart and talkative, walking, bicycling, skiing, ice hockey, watching the Patriots, the Bruins and the Red Sox (Woo Hoo.. Fenway Painters..My sister and brother in laws business that paint the Park and my nephew that paints the famous "green monster") lighthouses, antiques, gardening, trying new restaurants, classic movies (love Cary Grant and Alfred Hitchcock), big band music, laughing and being around others that like to laugh, ghost stories - I love to hear other peoples experiences as I have so many to tell myself.

Posted 16 January 2007 - 07:43 PM

V..... I got your photo of the room inside the estate. I saw the "orb" and also did see something in the fireplace too. I saw a glow that was round in the fireplace even though there was no fire going and it looked shadowy behind the glow. There were little sparkly dots around and in the fireplace too. Very interesting room, I loved the elaborate woodwork in the room and the bedposts too.
"Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea."-- Robert A. Heinlein

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users