• Please log in to reply
209 replies to this topic

#1 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 04 May 2003 - 12:06 PM

April of 2002 my fiancee and I moved into our new house. It was built in the 40's. The weekend that we moved in my best friend Shanon who let's say senses things stated that we have a little girl here. A few weeks later I was going into the basement thinking about this and the name Amanda just popped into my head. The door to our bedroom is warped and shuts very hard and our two yougest boys have a hard time opening it. One night we were in bed talking about  "Amanda" and our door handle turned one way and then the other. We both heard it because Brian stopped mid sentece and turned tword the door. We waited for one of the boys to knock or something but nothing happened. Brian got out of bed to see who it was but all the boys were sound asleep. We have two dogs but both of them were in the bedroom with us! We've all heard noises and felt cold spots. Some of us have even heard voices. We haden't "heard" much out of her for a few months until just yesterday when at two seperate times Brian and I heard the phone ring which never did. When I heard it Brian was online at Ghostvillage! We are investigating and will keep you posted on what we find out. Any input or helpful hints are welcomed.

#2 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 04 May 2003 - 01:06 PM

Wow!!  For some reason this sounds very, very familiar! ;D ;D ;D
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#3 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:26 PM

Hi Nonnie and KRC
What a TOTALLY cool prospect! When you bought or rented the house did the Realtor or holding company mention that there were reports of strange sounds or occurrances? I know Realtors are obligated to tell perspective owners but not sure if that's the case with rented property :-/

I'm not really experienced, but I can make some suggestions, 'Migos, get an infrared thermometer to check out the cold spots and start documenting where they are, temp and what not. Another good idea is keeping a compass with you (Such entities are a disruption in the electro-magnetic field, so the compass needle will go wild). Pick up a mini recorder from Radio Shack or Walmart and try talking to her. Do you feel a presense, or a sudden decrease in temp? You may want to leave the recorder running in an "active" room (its a good idea to get a voice or sound activated one) to see what pops up. Also try asking her if you could take a picture of her.

Let us know how things progress in the investigation ;)

Hope that helps ;D
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#4 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts
  • Interests:Well....investigating ghosts and finding out what lies beyond this life of course!

Posted 07 May 2003 - 12:52 PM

Whispers, here is an orb pic I took of "Amanda" this last Christmas.  Nothing was said at the time of the purchase of the house by the realtor.  I rather enjoy it though, we can investigate a haunting without leaving home!! ;D

I hope that you can see it in the upper right.  I made a little oops when marking it the first time and marked a reflection on the computer screen.  I then deleted the pic out of the computer and haven't re-scanned it.  This was taken with my 35mm.  This was from the same roll of film that I got the orbs in the "hibbing Chisholm childhood orbs & mist"  that is in encounters.  I used my diving camera which was the first one I had near me when I took the pics.  It is stored in a plastic air tight case for diving and the lens was cleaned prior to use.  No dust on the lens anyway.   ;D

#5 freyjasdottir

freyjasdottir

Don't follow this leader

• Town Council
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,429 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 03:52 PM

Not everywhere do Realtors have to tell you about possible strange occurances...we were talking about this at work one day and one of the guys has his liscense, he was told the only people who can say that is the sellers and they don't have to...that's in PA at least
Posted Image Myspace "Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results." Albert Einstein Posted Image Posted Image I've been hit by mrsspookypants

#6 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 07 May 2003 - 04:45 PM

I also read some place that they also don't have to tell you anything unless you specifically ask.  I'm not even sure if that in in Minnesota or not.  Who cares, I think it's fun having a haunted house.

#7 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 08 May 2003 - 08:15 AM

Wow...I'm sorry I thought that was standard that you'd be informed of strange occurrances by either private seller or realtor (if they knew about it). I live in Cal and I'm sure it'd be a matter of "Well, you have to ASK" I'm still hoping to land a haunted flat ;)
Remember...vote for New Orleans for our '05 Reunion...this is not a subliminal message...New Orleans! Obey Whispers of Fire! New Orleans

#8 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 03:26 PM

Hi, KRC...I finally saw the Orb<usually the attachment hasn't opened, prolly 'cause of my retarded 'puter>um, when you saw it did you see kind of a face in it?

#9 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 04:09 PM

whispers...I didn't the first time that I looked at it.  Did you?  Perhaps what I should do is look at it again and do what I read somewhere here and move back from the puter and look again.  I will try it.  I also haven't really looked at those pics for a while. ;D

#10 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 04:44 PM

whispers...I do see a face upon closer examination and use of a better program.  Nonnie looked at it also and while I see a human face she sees the face of her old dead dog Beau.  What do you see??  All, let me know what you see, I'm curious!  I have attached a cropped version of the pic to make it easier to see! ;D

#11 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 05:20 PM

I've heard of that happening before, generally its thought to mean the entity's trying to communicate, maybe she's trying to get you to investigate more 8)

Since you asked,I see my Mum's face :-X Anyway, thanks
for the enlarged copy. If I can ask...what did you see, my friend?

#12 krcguns

krcguns

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,206 posts

Posted 09 May 2003 - 07:26 PM

I think the face looks like possibly a young female or Mario (you know from N64)  I'm not really sure!!!  

Truthfully it is kind of like an ink blot test.  50 different people can look and see different things.  Have fun and see what you make of it!!  When I get a good EVP or some more photos I promise to share them here first!! ;D

#13 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 01:45 PM

Makes for kind of an intriguing question, KRC, we know that such entities can project thoughts or images into the mind of someone they're trying to communicate with,
but can they read minds to assume the form of someone that's crossed over from our own lives to catch our attention??

#14 nonnie

nonnie

Senior Villager

• PipPipPipPip
  • 374 posts

Posted 10 May 2003 - 04:37 PM

That is a interesting question! It wouldn't surprise me if it was Beau. My son has commented that sometimes at night he wakes up and Beau is beside his bed. After he passed I've seen him and have also heard him on several occasions. We had him put down about 4 years ago and I haven't seen or heard much out of him in a couple of years.  

#15 whispers_of_fire

whispers_of_fire

Village Elder

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,060 posts

Posted 11 May 2003 - 08:15 PM

WOW! And you moved into the new house last month, hey, so it couldn't be Amanda if its been ongoing for the last 4 years and its evidence that dogs have spirits/Souls ;D 8) Have you tried calling him? Tried touching him? Has he responded/reacted to things you've done?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users